• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE WALKING DEAD. LEAVE NOW UNLESS THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR.

FR4ZR.jpg

THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE WALKING DEAD. LEAVE NOW UNLESS THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR.

This thread is for spoiler discussion of the television show, how it compares to the comic books, and any major spoiler leaks from AMC. Talk about what's coming up in later episodes and seasons, casting decisions, who's dead & who isn't, and anything else on your mind. Feel free to discuss leaks from AMC and spoilers for upcoming episodes. It's all fair game.

Please keep leak discussion and comic book discussion out of the main TWD thread.http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447810

Even though I've read through 50+ issues of the comic, I won't be participating here as I enjoy watching tv fresh without seeing previews, sneak peeks, and leaks. If you have a problem with something, contact a moderator and ask for them for help.

Talk amongst yourselves, be good posters, and have fun. I'll continue to update news and links in the Season 2 thread like I have all season.

ultron87

So is this pure non-spoiler tagged madness for all of the comic books and anything that leaks from the show? Or are tags still required?

Having it entirely tag-free will vastly limit the number of people who participate since it excludes everyone who isn't totally current with the comics that is potentially interested in reading them.

Weenerz

Banned
Carl kills Shane in the comic, later on in the series, Rick goes back and digs up Shane to see if he is infected, which he is. Shane was not bitten, everyone that dies from natural causes is a future walker.

How have the last few issues of the comic been? I got behind because the whole town storyline is painfully dull. Got up to the issue where a certain person gets shot and has (ugh) amnesia.

Plissken

Thanks for making this thread, hopefully the main show thread will start to look less like a redacted CIA document now.

I really hope they're going to get to some of the more iconic comic moments soon, having Carl shoot Shane would be a nice start. Michonne and Tyreese need to get on the show soon, and we need to get off the goddamn farm already.

besada

Banned
How have the last few issues of the comic been? I got behind because the whole town storyline is painfully dull. Got up to the issue where a certain person gets shot and has (ugh) amnesia.

They're starting up a new storyline with a new band of survivors. It's still heating up. Probably the longest run without a major disaster since the comic started.

LakeEarth

I hope they don't wuss out on Tyreese's daughter's storyline. I want that to play out EXACTLY like in the comic.

You know, if they ever introduce them.

These are my big fears for the TV show:

1) pussying out on Lori and her baby's death
2) Rick's hand, plz don't chop it off.

If those 2 things happen, THEN MISSION SUCCESSFUL.

LakeEarth

1. YES! I don't know if TV would ever do that.
2. Yeah having his hand chopped off was cool, but I don't think it's vital to the story (I'm behind on issues) and it'd probably be a bitch to do on the show.

I'm also completely fine with Dale dying next episode, his whole thing with Andrea was never gonna work on the show, and he doesn't even add a whole lot to the comics imo, so better off using him for a dramatic badass Daryl moment on the TV show rather than keep him round.

This is my broad "perfect" scenario:

- dale dies (aka no him and andrea), we know that's happening
- lori dies in prison arc
- andrea eventually becomes the awesome person she is in the comics, they are SLOWLY getting there, slowly and painfully
- Rick and badass Andrea hook up eventually!

There's one pic in the comments that I didn't see in the other thread

Carl shooting Shane?
don't think that's what the pic is

Tron 2.0

Shane is definitely going to die this season, though.

The guy who plays him is in negotiations to star in Frank Darabont's new pilot.

An-Det

This was bound to happen, the main thread its like a minefield. The comics seem to be fair game, but I wouldn't mind some caution on the latest issues, for those of us who read them via trade paperback releases (which contain up to issue 90).

I think it'll be pretty nice to see his hand cut off in the series. Since Meyrl (?) Lost his hand in on that roof top and disappeared, I think we'll see him come back for some revenge similar to the Governor.

blahness

ok so I missed any of the Dale dying discussion in the other thread. I see that spoiler pic which only looks like dale laying on the ground with a gun pointed at his head. Is that the only thing that has fueled the possibility of Dale dying or is there something else that I missed?

kirblar

ok so I missed any of the Dale dying discussion in the other thread. I see that spoiler pic which only looks like dale laying on the ground with a gun pointed at his head. Is that the only thing that has fueled the possibility of Dale dying or is there something else that I missed?
There were rumblings one of the castmembers wanted out because they were a Darabont loaylist- Dale's actor's been in all of Darabont's films, so it matches what we were hearing in the off season.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

Apparently the entire episode summary leaked and he's written as dying. The summary also mentioned Shane becoming a zombie, so the leaked pictures have pretty much confirmed the summary to be legit.

God if Dale dies he NEEDS to go out like he does in the comic. They should have the full reveal of his legs gone too, that shocked the hell out of me in the comic.

detailed synopsis for the next episode came out already. Oh yeah this is a spoiler thread, I can actually post the synopsis, here it is!

"Episode starts with Daryl beating the shit out of Randall in a shed. Randall reveals that their group has about 30 people, including women and children, and that he doesn't know where they're staying since they're always on the move. He also says that they're heavily armed and tells a story about how they once found a guy with two young daughters while out scavenging and proceeded to rape the girls, letting their father live so he could watch. Daryl beats him even harder. Cue theme music.

Daryl leaves the shed and reveals to the others what he found out. Based on that knowledge, Rick decides that they must kill Randall. Only Dale argues against it and asks Rick for one day to talk to everybody and convince them to let Randall live. He gets no support from Daryl, Hershel, Shane or even Glenn. Then there's this big discussion about whether to go through with it. Dale vehemently objects, telling everyone that this is murder and means forever giving up hope for a civilized society. In the end, only Andrea sides with Dale. Majority rules, so Randall is to be executed.

There's also a moment between Hershel and Glenn at one point where the old man gives Glenn his father's watch along with his blessing to Glenn's relationship with his daughter.

Meanwhile, Carl sneaks into the shed to look at Randall who begs Carl to help him escape. Shane finds Carl there and drags him out, telling him to stop trying to get himself killed. Carl then immediately goes and calls Carol an idiot for believing that Sophia is in heaven. Rick asks him to apologize and start thinking before opening his mouth. Carl then steals Daryl's gun, finds a walker stuck in a swamp and tries to shoot it. Before he can do that, the walker breaks free and attempts to grab Carl, who freaks out and runs away.

At nightfall, Rick takes Randall to the barn and prepares to shoot him, but Carl comes in to watch. Rick can't kill Randall in front of his son, so he decides to hold Randall in custody for now. Near the woods, Dale finds a mutilated cow and is attacked by the same walker from before, who freed itself from the swamp to follow Carl. Dale doesn't get bit, but the walker tears open his guts before it's killed by Daryl. Dale's wounds are too grave and Daryl performs a mercy killing by shooting him in the head. End episode."

luxarific

Nork unification denier
detailed synopsis for the next episode came out already. Oh yeah this is a spoiler thread, I can actually post the synopsis, here it is!

Huh. I don't know if I buy that last paragraph. That would be a huge change, unless they really like Hershel and think the show can't support two old white guys.

Huh. I don't know if I buy that last paragraph. That would be a huge change, unless they really like Hershel and think the show can't support two old white guys.
ehh like I mentioned above, Dale doesn't really add much in the comics, and lets face it the whole Dale/Andrea thing would NOT work on the show. That, and he dies in the comic, so they're pretty much just fast forwarding his life for a good character development moment for Daryl and Carl (I'm guessing Carl will feel guilty for not having the GUTS LOL to kill the walker that ends up wounding dale).

Also it's not the first time detailed synopsis have come out. It has happened on other AMC shows as well, all from 4chan, and all spot on. I guess you'll know early on if the episode starts like it says.

Hex

Banned
It has already been confirmed by multiple sources who have seen it already.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
It has already been confirmed by multiple sources who have seen it already.

Well, damn, but....I'm not hugely sad about this, save for the loss of DALE FACE. Dale as played in the show came off as substantially more patronizing than his counterpart in the comic version. Also I don't think the show could have realistically pulled off a romance between Dale and Andrea. He's just too old.

antonz

From what others have said and what I hear basically Dales actor was upset they got rid of Darabont. Then by the time he recanted and said he would like to stick around they basically said tough shit we already spent all this money to kill the character with effects etc.

Its problematic because Dales character served its role as the one still trying to keep their grasp on humanity and none of the other characters have that side to them. Even Herschel has abandoned the love they neighbor etc stuff.

Arment

I guess Dale as a character is entirely replaceable. They aren't going to be doing any
Dale + Andrea
anytime soon so they could easily replace him with someone else.

How Dale gets killed but TDog stays boggles my mind.

Also for comic readers who read this month's issue,
did you feel the overt foreshadowing with Andrea's "We can't die" speech? I have a feeling the whole Jesus thing is gonna end up going sour for her.

EYEL1NER

On the Nerdist podcast, Kirkman went on record in saying that cutting Rick's hand off was a mistake - one that he wished he hadn't made. With that sentiment, the likelihood of a handless TV Rick is slim.
Hmmm...I wonder why he thinks that. I like one-handed Rick.

Anyway, glad to see Shane die finally, but not with him turning into a walker. And not really that happy about Dale dying, but what can you do?

I've only read right before the Zombies attack the safe-zone outside DC and I have read synopsis's of the series up until things cool off after that. I don't particularly mind being spoiled by stuff. I seek things like that out because I know the Compendium 2 is not coming out for a while and I can't bring myself to buy a ton of books or the single issues. I stumbled across a pic of Carl shot in the head one time on the net and thought 'Fuck it, I can't read that shit for a while, so I'll read the synopsis on the Wikia, cuz I wanna know what the fuck is going on.'

PSGames

I quickly jumped in here to say THANK YOU for posting this thread. One of my favorite shows and I would rarely visit the official thread in fear of being spoiled!

Puddles

Banned
Wait, I didn't see anything in that episode synopsis about Shane dying. Are we sure he's dying in the next one?

McLovin

Carl kills Shane in the comic, later on in the series, Rick goes back and digs up Shane to see if he is infected, which he is. Shane was not bitten, everyone that dies from natural causes is a future walker.

Got curious... And now I'm out. Peace!

PersonaX

Shane flips out, Rick stabs him, he comes back as a zombie and then Carl shoots him. Shane dies in the episode 12. Which sucks some major donkey dick, because he's pretty much the best character on the show, dunno how they are going to keep things exciting without him...

Also, i don't mind seeing Dale go, he has been doing nothing but bitching and moaning this whole season, instead of being this wise old man who knows all kinds of tricks, i think they went in the wrong direction with his character

Raoh

1. If they kill them, I assume they will kill her while the baby is still in her womb emegency c-section to save the baby

2. hell yeah chop off the hand..

Not sure how Tyreese's will play out in the show. they already squandered the suicide angle which should have gone to tyreese's daughter.

Also with shane co running the group, that also takes away from tyreese's role as co-leader. He was also a part of the group long before michonne showed up and was carol's love interest.

Sometimes I really hate television.

I saw this earlier and didn't want to post it in the other thread. Not sure if anyone mentioned it, so I'm blind posting in this thread. AMC not really covering themselves in glory these days.

- 'The Walking Dead' DVD Ad Reveals Major Season 2 Spoiler

Whoops!
lol that's pretty funny.

Also yeah it's kind of frustrating that this show is telling things out of order, so now I don't know when to expect things or what to expect from them, which I'm ok with but I'm just afraid they'll avoid the good stuff in favour of something else.

Top Bottom