• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls patch 1.09 incoming, will fix flickering problems

I beat the game on PC with Durante mod and do not remember any flickering.
Did it manifest only in console versions? Or just in specific areas?

Birathen

Oh, I thought it was just on mine, that something got messed up after I installed the expansion. Cool, then I can finally continue playing.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
This is a newly introduced bug with last week's patch. Was not there prior (minus launch).

It's funny because this hadn't happened to me, but I read a post about it in the Dark Souls OT a couple weeks back and was glad it wasn't happening to me. Then I booted it up the other day and *flicka. Glad a fix is coming. I'm sure there would have been backlash come DS2 time how From don't support or fix their games.

S0N0S

Mega mule? Though i'm not sure if that can be "patched out". It's no glitch.

Not mega mule, which is more recent, but it was a hack akin to Demon's Souls soul suck. This was was a save-breaking exploit/hack and, IIRC, a remnant from Demon's Souls which allowed one player to essentially "level-down" another. Unlike DeS, the Dark Souls exploit only harmed your stats and not your soul level. Any victims of this would be stuck with a broken character, as you would be forever handicapped compared to every other player at that soullevel.

A critical issue if it spread outside of Japan, to say the least, so I'm glad they not only fixed it(on 360, PS3, and PC) but they also followed up to fix the fix on PS3.

Ashler

Jesus christ, not a moment too soon. Dealing with gankers with dark magic in the forestvis bad enough. Not being able to see it makes it impossible to play.

Sorry to bump without patch news, but I looked into what Mega Mule was and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbY0sW6H9X4

THE FUCK?!

So, it's a totally hacked save file? Thats crazy! Could be fun to play about with, but I would imagine people are going into SL1 PVP and causing major headaches for other users.

LOL at the Soul count though :D

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just beat it for the first time last night. Such a great game. Moving on to Demon's Souls next.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So glad this is finally being fixed. This game was crack to my system and then it went all Bathesda on me. ugh

In the end though, I would have never bought Dragons Dogma had it not crapped out on me.. so maybe this was one of those good problems.

OMG I thought I fucked up my copy because I did not exit before quitting the game. Made the game unplayable for me. Glad they are fixing it though. A bit too late sadly. I playing DD now.

AlexBasch

Good thing they're fixing this so (relatively) fast. I haven't been enjoying Dark Souls that much and having that shit as soon I entered Blighttown didn't help either.

I even started my third playthrough of DeS instead, lol.

Violater

I just beat demon's had beat dark before now I'm not sure if I should NG+ one of them, go through my backlog or get Dragons Dogma

I just beat demon's had beat dark before now I'm not sure if I should NG+ one of them, go through my backlog or get Dragons Dogma

Dragon's Dogma was only good for me since I had that big urge to play a current gen Berserk game. It doesn't come close to the Souls games but it is still relatively good.

I'm still waiting for a awesome Berserk game though.

Sorry to bump without patch news, but I looked into what Mega Mule was and found this.

THE FUCK?!

So, it's a totally hacked save file? Thats crazy! Could be fun to play about with, but I would imagine people are going into SL1 PVP and causing major headaches for other users.

I think I'm gonna try this today. As long as you use a different profile/account your original saves will be untouched. Should be fun to try out some new builds.

jimi_dini

I hope they start encrypting the save games with Dark Souls 2.

I guess it's encrypted - it's at least normally not accessible and definitely encrypted on harddrive. But thanks to custom firmware and all the hacks, the keys are known. Normally you wouldn't even be able to backup your save file except to PSN+ servers. Which means noone except Sony and the developers would have raw access to Demon's/Dark Souls save data. And PS3 harddrives are definitely encrypted - even per system.

So you can indirectly thank that Geo-rapper for all of this.

Violater

THE FUCK?!

Ohh boy.
Game broken now and wtf at the flickering in the game how did this happen.
Ok I thought one shotting a black knight would be more fun.

I tried this out last night with a new user account on my PS3 and it did indeed work. It was funny for 5 minutes scrolling up to 99 on VIT etc and looking at all of the items in the game, but it really would take the fun out of the game if you were to play it like that.

Glad From is finally patching the flickering issue again. Had no idea about the deleveling glitch though, but I have heard of the mega mule. Even Undead Burg isn't safe at very low levels anymore.

Its fun to test every possible build out there for a while at least.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Fucking finally. This glitch has been the bane of my existence.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So when is the patch coming?is it this month?

Yeah, when? I can't see item drops and any enemy that uses fire or any glowing magic is difficult. What a pain.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So this is not an issue on the 360? I'm clear to buy the DLC for that too without any issues?

The DLC on PS3 is fine. The issue is that the message textures will flicker. It's nothing game-breaking.

Edit: Ah, it seems some aren't able to see drops. Yeah that's gamebreaking. But the DLC files aren't the problem. It's something with the patch from 1.07 to 1.08

sublimit

Banned
The DLC on PS3 is fine. The issue is that the message textures will flicker. It's nothing game-breaking.

Edit: Ah, it seems some aren't able to see drops. Yeah that's gamebreaking. But the DLC files aren't the problem. It's something with the patch from 1.07 to 1.08

Fire seems to disappear as well.

Bboy AJ

Fire seems to disappear as well.

Yup. And game hints, summon signs. You and I got screwed. Anything that glows, basically. It's not gamebreaking but it is game frustrating. I have slowed my play because I can't see items. I'm going to go through the Painted World all over again because who knows what I missed.

Kazerei

Banned
I'm glad they're still supporting the game by working on patches, but I really wish this was fixed sooner (or not introduced at all).

Finding quelaag very difficult to beat because the lava keeps on flickering on and off. Dying over and over from invisible lava !

It's only when you play online, offline it doesn't happen. But glad they're fixing it so soon (again).

The megamule save really hasn't changed much, you still got low level invaders using end game gear, it just made it quicker to do so. The real purpose of the save hack is to make new builds for PvP quickly.

If you use all the souls in the counter you can have an instant approx SL620 character. I tried that for fun a couple of weeks back and was surpised to get instantly invaded in the Burg, I had no idea there would be so much action at that high a level.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you use all the souls in the counter you can have an instant approx SL620 character. I tried that for fun a couple of weeks back and was surpised to get instantly invaded in the Burg, I had no idea there would be so much action at that high a level.

There wasn't when I abused that 1.05 Dragonhead glitch with that 10K soul item to level up for shits and giggles (and to blow through for Platinum). It seems the Mega Mule file must've done that since people didn't want to lose that many souls.

ekim

tumblr_mmrdu4GfXP1qjnbtgo3_500.gif

oh good. Glad it wasn't just me (thought my PS3 was shitting out on me).

Man... playing through Blighttown with that flickering problem was a goddamn nightmare. :/

Top Bottom