• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parappa Voice Actor Leads Petition for PaRappa The Rapper 3 (junkiemonkeys.org)

fvng

Anticipating responses like 'yeah he just wants another job', but I would love a third Parappa game.

News Story/Interview:

http://www.junkiemonkeys.org/parapp...cusses-sony-dropping-superbot-and-adult-swim/

Petition itself:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/280275782088385/

My reaction if it happens:

iTC9Ef5k833q2.gif

Elixist

M...I...X... the flour into the bowl! Sony thinks it probably wont sell, but i think it could actually do decent as a 10 to 15 dollar psn game, especially if its good. Werds of Mouf is powerful yo!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
If it was more like part 1 or um jammer lammy, hell yeah.

Part 2 sucked so bad.

Initially I didn't like part 2, but it has grown on me over the years, I think it had some really cool music actually. Wish they would've done more with it gameplay-wise though, and it was somewhat lacking in content.

I replayed Parappa the Rappa recently.

Maaaaaan, it isn't that good. Um Jammer Lammy is so much better.

Even on a CRT with no lag, the timing feels super strict, which is dumb because the only way to get a "cool" rating is by improvising anyway. If they ever made a Parappa 3, I think they should really rethink the whole thing, and I am not sure anyone is left around to really do that anymore.

StayDead

Alright, we're here, just sitting in the car. I want you to show me you can get far.

Now make a new game.

game, game, game, make make make.

Camjo-Z

Oh, so this is the interview Dred was talking about. I could have sworn he said it would be on DualShock Nexus... well, maybe that's something else entirely.

IF ANYBODY HAS A FACEBOOK AND DOES NOT JOIN THIS GROUP... I will make empty threats at you. Join this petition! PaRappa 3 needs to be made!

yeah he just wants another job

I can guarantee that's much of the reason... but he really is a huge PaRappa fan. This is very genuine.

Even on a CRT with no lag, the timing feels super strict, which is dumb because the only way to get a "cool" rating is by improvising anyway. If they ever made a Parappa 3, I think they should really rethink the whole thing, and I am not sure anyone is left around to really do that anymore.

Hubbawha-? PaRappa the Rapper is too strict? I think you have your games mixed up, friend - UmJammer Lammy is the one that's unforgiving and difficult to master. PaRappa 1 has some of the easiest Cool Mode requirements in the series. (I should know, I just 100%'d both of them a week or two ago.)

NanaOn-Sha has already gone on record saying they'd be up for doing a PaRappa on Vita, so I think the people to do it are there. It's just a matter of getting someone at Sony to greenlight it.

I wonder what the reaction would be if they used the PSASBR redesigns.

Redesigns? They just made the characters slightly thicker. I wouldn't mind it.

PaRappa 3? I want it. Release it as a PSN title, structured in the form of a television show. Episodic content; each 'show' Parappa learns a valuable life lesson. Wham, bam, thank you spam.

fvng

They could always just convert the series to the adventure game format, and have rap battles as boss fights

I would pay $60

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Will sign. I don't even like PaRappa that much (well, in 2013) but as the first major otoge I think I owe it this much. To think I'd possibly be living in a world without Jubeat and Sound Voltex ;_; Thank you, PaRappa.

Ironmask

I loved both games and Umjammer Lammy, but i admit that after Guitar Hero, Singstar etc.... the sequel maybe can't even reach a 10$ online game status.

But Parappa is iconic, he has so many unforgettable friends, a bright world full of details and cheesy cultural references.

I won't mind an Adventure game out of it, since they've already done an anime adaption (don't beat me)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
start an independent developer and approach sony - bam, guaranteed 3 title deal. New Parappa, new Guitaroo Man and new Jumping Flash. Get engines donated from Santa Monica

fvng

start an independent developer and approach sony - bam, guaranteed 3 title deal. New Parappa, new Guitaroo Man and new Jumping Flash. Get engines donated from Santa Monica

Sony closes developer after 3 game deal

Takao

Banned
Knowing Sony, they'd greenlight this as a Vita exclusive but then make it PS3/Vita before just canceling the Vita version.

Camjo-Z

Meanwhile, Lammy's voice actor is doing just fine as one of the stars of Grey's Anatomy.

Well hey, believing in yourself only gets you so far. Lammy didn't cut no corners.

Speaking of cutting corners, prepare yourself for the most embarrassing song in the entire PaRappa franchise. Let us hope that PaRappa 3's music does not feature lyrics written by whoever made Dred perform... THIS.

EDIT: actually I feel bad for subjecting people to that without an antidote to wash it away, enjoy this Sunny Funny music video as well

Such a nice mascot cast wasted. Parappa & Lammy and all properties should be tossed over to Media Molecule to figure something out. A damn shame, Sony.

I feel the Parappa series would work well doing something similar to the WarioWare games, keep the rhythm segments but throw in some batshit crazy mini-games featuring PaRappa and co.

The second game killed the franchise. The first one was very successful, but the second ... yeash.

They should do this:

• Create a new game set in the Parappa world that is a band/group/diva simulator
  • You create characters, make songs, record your vocals, and share it
  • The game itself has RPG and Simulator-esque elements, causing a risk vs reward with your choices
  • The goal is start out small (garage band) and make it big (headline for Parappa/MilkCan)
  • You can put on concerts, make music vids, and cribs style videos - all tongue in cheek
  • It's free to play, Vita/PS3/PS4, only pay for costumes and effect equipment
  • Call it BeatTown

I feel the Parappa series would work well doing something similar to the WarioWare games, keep the rhythm segments but throw in some batshit crazy mini-games featuring PaRappa and co.

This too! :)

Camjo-Z

The second game killed the franchise. The first one was very successful, but the second ... yeash.

IMO the second game is actually better than the first, but they had to have been nuts to think they could sell a game with such little content and innovation for $50. NanaOn-Sha has thankfully since realized that nobody would pay full price for such a game these days, but I hope that they would add more to PaRappa 3 than just the standard "press the buttons to the rhythm" gameplay. It was novel in 1997, but so much more has been done with the concept since then.

fvng

Most people weren't aware there was a parappa 2, games like GTA and MGS2 cast a large shadow over releases like Parappa 2. I wouldn't say it failed because it was bad or anything

Top Bottom