• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Media Event - 1080p AppleTV, 4G/LTE 2048x1536 iPad, same price, Mar 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
t1331143200z1.png

ScreenShot2012-03-07at104623AM.png

LiveBlogs

(video show, no livestream)

Twitter: http://twitter.com/macrumorslive

mainimage_us_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

via The Verge:

Yes, it's finally, really happened. We just received our invite for Apple's next big event — almost certainly where the announcement of the iPad 3 (or iPad HD, or some other name no one has guessed yet) will take place. The event is being held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco at 10AM PST, on Wednesday, March 7th, and the Verge team will be there covering the news live as it happens. Until then, let your imagination run wild about the next iteration of the world's most popular tablet!

As you can see in the image above... that's no regular iPad display! It's obviously super high res.

I'll be updating the OP with all sorts of goodies as the event approaches. Time to get EVEN MORE SUPER DUPER PUMPED!

Talon

Based on the spacing of the dock icons, it seems to be on its side.

And that's clearly artistic license with Keynote down there. They're probably going to emphasize this as a productivity device.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I wonder if the touch thing is some kind of haptic feedback? Probably just an iPad generic statement. But haptic touch would be nice.

Anxious to see if this truly is the ipad3.

Will probably buy one regardless as I've been looking forward to finally picking up an ipad for myself.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the touch thing is some kind of haptic feedback? Probably just an iPad generic statement. But haptic touch would be nice.

That's definitely the sort of advancement I would need to get into full on hype mode.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Like I said in the other thread, the hand seems to be photoshopped on, so no need to draw any conclusions based on its relative size to the icons/bezel.

123rl

If there was competition between tablets, this would be the point where the competition ends and Apple wins. But there isn't competition. I'm so ready for a new iPad. I' upgrading from an original 16B. It's going to be beautiful

noah111

Still Alive
Posted something interesting in the other thread;

Ok here's an interesting note: that wallpaper is different from their stock droplets one.

I just tried to replicate that screenshot to see the icon spacing/size but I noticed that no matter how I oriented/how many dock icons I put in, the water droplets were never the same as that picture.

In other words, it's retina, and the wallpaper isn't just upscaled from the old one, it's expanded so it's a different wallpaper, slightly.

Also kinda hilarious how people are coming to the conclusion that there's no home button, so quickly. :lol

Aeana

Wish I hadn't been screwed with my iPad 2 sale... gotta get it sold somehow to get one of these. (._. )

I had pretty much convinced myself that I would be perfectly fine sticking with the 2, but holy shitballs, that screen. That fucking screen. Fuck.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
My wallet is crying.

It's going to be awesome.

georgc

Crap I procrastinated on selling my iPad 2 where should I sell it? Ebay or Craigslist? Or some other place I might not know about

kaskade

I sold my OG iPad a couple of weeks ago and I miss using it. I wish I could just preorder this one now. That image is all I needed.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
guys guys calm down guys. the real important thing here is how many cores the cpu has and how much ram.

Well, I guess I knew what I was getting into getting an iPad 2 at christmas.

Hopefully I'll get a few hundred bucks for it on Craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom