• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are kids wearing animal tails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
I've noticed for the past few months/year that middle school and high school kids have been wearing furry tails (like a fox or raccoon) pinned to the back of their clothing. Is this a Bay Area thing, or is it something people are doing nation wide? And what the fuck kind of stupid trend is this?

We had stupid trends back in my day (stuffing the soles of shoes with socks, sagging, tall tees, etc), but an animal tail? C'mon son.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I do it because its a mating call.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
7yRd5.jpg

But in your case OP I think it's a furry thing.

My friend's boyfriend did this shit lol and he is fucking 25 years old or some shit. There was some rapper or singer that did it recently and that was why he started doing it. I hated when we'd have a huge get together and he brought that shit. I lived in Nashville when that happened btw.

Jibbed

herewego.gif

I hope to god this isn't a widespread thing, I remember seeing a documentary about kids like this a while ago.

FairyD

I saw someone on the bus doing this. Now I know they are furries. I will make a pass at the person next time.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I've seen it here and there in Vancouver. Not really a wide trend, though. It was mostly women ~20 though, not so much kids.

iddqd

I've seen it in Toronto too.
One guy was sporting a wolf tail while doing curls with his skateboard.
Cool stuff!

It's just a furry/young anime fan thing. It weirds me out but it's not always a sexual thing or related to someone literally thinking they're a wolf or something.

It's just a dumb otaku fashion like the cat ear hats and eating pocky and stuff.

Vibed

I had a little striped tail I liked to put on when I was like 4-5 because I could pretend I was Raccoon Mario.

It's not even a furry/anime thing anymore. It's just a fashion thing for a lot of people.

I know it was picking up in popularity in Japan while I was there two years ago. I kept seeing them in the shops. Also saw fur protestors at the train entrance.

Ultratech

Welp, that's just weird. Then again, nothing new.

I never see anyone claim that they're truly some weird, non-appealing, animal. It's all wolves, and foxes, and cats, and dragons, where's the creativity?

Because nobody wants to be a skunk or an elephant? (Because most crap with small tails doesn't qualify as cool? I don't know.)

Because they're trying to copy Frankman and Spindashing.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom