• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 survey hints @ DLC incl. naval, BF3 maps, & DINOSAURS [EA: Survey Real]

Update:

excaliburps said:
Not sure if anyone posted it before, but I asked EA for a response and here's their official statement:

We value the feedback from our fans and are constantly looking for ways to improve our games. We conduct annual surveys that include topics that range from random ideas to specific themes to see what resonates. These are just some of the ideas included in our survey and not indicative of anything we have in the works.

So, they didn't debunk the survey but mentions "it's not indicative of anything they're working on." Playing safe or does it mean they're really just that, asking for an opinion?

---

Not sure its worth a new thread, but a couple days ago I took an online survey regarding Battlefield 4. It was mostly just highlighting what you liked or disliked regarding certain paragraphs laden with marketing speak ("visceral combat") and so forth. Nothing really new from that part of it- mentioned Battlelog 2.0 and being able to schedule matches with friends, mentioned increased dynamic environments (one example being blowing out the foundations of a dam to flood the battlefield), naval combat (mentioned jet skis and gun boats), asked me how unique a possible boxart was (it was the guy in the rain with the BF4 logo dead center across the box) and how interested I'd be in purchasing BF4 if I could transfer over my unlocks and rank from BF3.

What I found most interesting were the 3 DLC package descriptions:

The first one was described as taking Operation Metro and Caspian Border and remaking them in Frostbite 3, with new weapons and classes. Then they had you rank possible names for the DLC pack. I don't recall all of them but some were: Battlefield 4 Recommisioned, BF4 Reenlisted, BF4 War Torn, and BF4 Reconstructed.

Second one was a DLC that would focus on naval combat with more naval vehicles and coastal batteries. It wasn't super specific, just that it would focus on naval combat. Possible names (that I remember now) were: BF4 Naval Warfare (or maybe it was Naval combat?), BF4 Steel Titans and some other ones that I'm forgetting.

The third DLC description was the most interesting: DINOSAURS! From what I recall, it was described as a coop mode where you and other players would fight against dinosaurs with primitive weapons, specifically mentioning a bow and arrow. Possible names were: BF4: BC, BF4: Primal Combat (or maybe it was Primal Warfare?), BF4: 21942 BC and some other one that was something like BF4: Dino... something. Can't recall.

Take that for what its worth since I don't have any screens or anything, but FWIW, it was almost exactly like other EA surveys I've seen in the past in terms of format, like that Dragon Age 3 one from last year.

Not sure its worth a new thread, but a couple days ago I took an online survey regarding Battlefield 4. It was mostly just highlighting what you liked or disliked regarding certain paragraphs laden with marketing speak ("visceral combat") and so forth. Nothing really new from that part of it- mentioned Battlelog 2.0 and being able to schedule matches with friends, mentioned increased dynamic environments (one example being blowing out the foundations of a dam to flood the battlefield), naval combat (mentioned jet skis and gun boats), asked me how unique a possible boxart was (it was the guy in the rain with the BF4 logo dead center across the box) and how interested I'd be in purchasing BF4 if I could transfer over my unlocks and rank from BF3.

What I found most interesting were the 3 DLC package descriptions:

The first one was described as taking Operation Metro and Caspian Border and remaking them in Frostbite 3, with new weapons and classes. Then they had you rank possible names for the DLC pack. I don't recall all of them but some were: Battlefield 4 Recommisioned, BF4 Reenlisted, BF4 War Torn, and BF4 Reconstructed.

Second one was a DLC that would focus on naval combat with more naval vehicles and coastal batteries. It wasn't super specific, just that it would focus on naval combat. Possible names (that I remember now) were: BF4 Naval Warfare (or maybe it was Naval combat?), BF4 Steel Titans and some other ones that I'm forgetting.

The third DLC description was the most interesting: DINOSAURS! From what I recall, it was described as a coop mode where you and other players would fight against dinosaurs with primitive weapons, specifically mentioning a bow and arrow. Possible names were: BF4: BC, BF4: Primal Combat (or maybe it was Primal Warfare?), BF4: 21942 BC and some other one that was something like BF4: Dino... something. Can't recall.

Take that for what its worth since I don't have any screens or anything, but FWIW, it was almost exactly like other EA surveys I've seen in the past in terms of format, like that Dragon Age 3 one from last year.

wat

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DINOSAURS

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Lakitu

st5fu
Now that you've mentioned dinosaurs and if DICE don't deliver on that, then I will be monumentally disappointed.

Odrion

Banned
You know what? Fuck it, I like Metro and I'm glad it's coming back. It makes weapon grinding soooooooooo much easier, and sometimes a massive trench warfare in a modern day setting can be cool!

And Caspian Border is the best out of the vanilla BF3 maps. So that's also smart.

But they should bring back the Aftermath/Karkland maps, ;_;

Swifty

Does it have to be primitive weapons? A horde mode with modern firearms versus dinosaurs would still sound glorious.

Dinosaurs in my Battlefield!!!???

oh-my-god-o.gif

DTKT

What is wrong with you people. Why would you want dinosaurs? Where did that come from? How does it add anything to the gameplay?

Also, gun boats and jet-ski will make for some really shitty naval battles. I can do that in my bath.

The Dino thing would be cool but only if it were stand alone arcade title done in the similar vein of Blood Dragon..with co-op

Kaako

Felium Defensor
What is wrong with you people. Why would you want dinosaurs? Where did that come from? How does it add anything to the gameplay?

Also, gun boats and jet-ski will make for some really shitty naval battles. I can do that in my bath.
What is wrong with you!? It's fucking DINASOURS man, enough said.

wwm0nkey

Is this...does this mean....TITAN MODE BACK PLEASE!

Top Bottom