• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clint Hocking leaves LucasArts (Update: Now At Valve)

I recently left my job at LucasArts and am moving on to something new. Unlike last time, (and mercifully less wordy) I already have something lined up and I am currently in the process of dealing with the living hell of relocation.

I will let the world know where I am going once I get there. Unless you already know.

http://www.clicknothing.com/click_nothing/2012/06/i-left-my-job-in-san-fran-cisco.html

He was supposed to be the creative director for some LA game, but I don't think that we ever found out what it was.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, no hope for 1313 now. None. My interest was contingent on Hocking's involvement. Should've realized it wasn't his game when LA didn't rush to drop his name.

Huh, damn. Was looking forward to his project.

One would assume his touch will still be on his project when it gets announced, a lot of the design framework is probably done, and while it won't be followed through the door by him, it will probably have his mark here and there.

I don't want to be overly negative but this is Lucasarts so I assume he quit out of frustration and that Lucasarts will bungle the final game he was working on.

According to his Twitter post, Clint Hocking is headed for Seattle. Did Clint just take a job at Valve? Oh, the possibilities.

Another notable developer in that area: Bungie.

Kifimbo

I doubt it's Bungie, since Clint has been a creative director, and Bungie is working on Destiny for the next decade and I don't think they would hire a new creative director for that franchise.

Huff

Banned
One would assume his touch will still be on his project when it gets announced, a lot of the design framework is probably done, and while it won't be followed through the door by him, it will probably have his mark here and there.

unless the project is cancelled

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time

Derrick01

Banned
I hope he's allowed to make a game he wants to make. I don't like Valve style games, I feel like this is going to be a waste :(

Ridley327

If there's any justice in the world, Valve will let Hocking work on a stealth action game that utterly shames what Ubisoft has done to Splinter Cell since he left that franchise.

Why is this so exciting to some of you people?

What did this guy do?

Creative director on Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and Far Cry 2.

Top Bottom