• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

Forever

Banned
ixmg9t9hUoqJ0.png

ibhrk6NbN9KEoK.png

Q: What is this?
A: Dragon Quest X, the latest installment in that crazy popular JRPG series.

Q: Is it really an MMO on Wii?
A: Yes.

Q: Is it still coming to Wii U?
A: Ostensibly.

Q: Is it coming to the west?
A: Hopefully.

Q: I heard the Japanese hate this on Amazon.
A: You've been trolled by 2ch. They did the same thing with DQIX.

Q: Can I import this?
A: Yes, there is now a confirmed method to get around the IP lock. Scroll down for more information.

Q: Is there a GAF server?
A: You can actually switch servers whenever you want, so just coordinate with others in this thread.

Q: You're not Aeana!
A: No, I'm just some schmuck who decided to make this thread on the quick because no one else wanted to.

Q: I heard Kids' Time is cancelled.
A: It's not, don't trust game journalists.

Q: How do you communicate?
A: With macros and this thing.​

ibwUzOIG17uT3G.jpg

iqnKw32WmPGoV.png

Kudos to Gloam for being the first GAF member to successfully import and play the game online from outside Japan. It is expensive but actually not that complicated. In order to import and play DQX you will need the following:

Import Requirements said:
• Japanese or Modded Wii

• Import copy of the game

• External USB drive with 16GB or more space for the installation. The drive will be formatted into a proprietary filesystem by the Wii.

• Wii Points from the Japanese eShop (no address input required)
• Alternatively, select the 利用券を購入する in-game menu option (Japanese address and credit card required)​

• Mac or PC
• For Mac: OpenVPN with PPTP mode

• For Windows: mHotspot or similar program​

• VPN Traffic ($5/mo $35/yr) or Overplay ($10/mo) or other VPN service

For a very comprehensive guide about how to get the game working, how to use VPN, and how to play the game as an English speaker (including menu translations) we highly recommend the Dragon's Den DQX English Play Guide by Mimas:

Feel free to ask other members for help if you have any questions.

iD17gaPE2o3vz.png

ibct6MZzM1OfME.png
ibgMBLFbfPib5k.png

iSlitCTTWSImA.png
idBoxQoSvCmgG.png

iES0VWJwwmlek.png
ie8QZf1GCyCwz.png

i5G5kchoW1dZ0.png

ibbpqYZqC7WaYs.png
iCfsghzR4WdOM.png
ijFu07YSONmmZ.png

inr5ps3eIUlkM.png
ii4V0J3fT1k5B.png
i18OY5JZdLTQZ.png

i0EWNhIiJCaPU.png

Trailer

11 Minute Trailer

37 Minute Nintendo Direct Video
Official Site

Let's Play: Dragon Quest X

Stream 1

Stream 2

Stream 3

Kotaku Stream

ivvcHvOCkGtx8.png

ibaBE33vdJ0ZjF.png

Code:
Player              Code           Name

Aeana               YG291-571      イアーナ
Parakeetman         WY711-927      ウィッツ
Gloam               OQ622-208      ひタ
espresso            QP929-079      チャーリー
DCharlie            VY089-704      ゴイルズ
muu                 DV007-776      フラ
extralite           GE158-293      すカイっぱい
extralite (Sub)  FK527-359      ソリーナ 
john tv             HS695-371      ジョン 
RevenantKioku       UN508-388      ゼリコ
RyougaSaotome       LD634-129      りょうが
twentytwo22         LN585-583      カイル
putarorex
Varshes
Shouta            PC484-136      エズリン

ibnsQ2OYnsQPh8.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cant wait to play my DQ9 on steriods on WiiU someday....someday.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Got my copy - will start hitting it once my calls finish tonight.... at 1am :/

OT at last, very nice :)

Wait... are people really afraid it can *not* come to the US at all?

English version + Wii U exclusivity in the US = mad money for Square.

Kyon

Banned
OT at last, very nice :)

Wait... are people really afraid it can *not* come to the US at all?

English version + Wii U exclusivity in the US = mad money for Square.

LOL a system that hasn't come out is making money? We don't even know the price of it yet.

Really want to hear impressions. Never subbed to an MMO before but for DQ I'm willing if they bring the Wii U version to America and it's a good game.

LOL a Nintendo system that hasn't come out is making money?

EA's/general attitude toward the Wii U.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Managed to grind my way to lv 10. Working on doing the story quest and will see about fighting my first boss. Though have the feeling am going to die if I attempt to solo it.

john tv

Played the beta for maybe 10 hours? Planning to play the real deal for 5238.75 times that..when I get back to Japan. So sad this launched when I was out of town! I'll start playing (catch-up) in a week.

Until then, may the light shine upon thee...

(No really, let it blind you -- at least until the Wii U version comes out. Art direction in this game is very nice but woo man are the graphics ugly as sin on Wii. Still gonna play the crap out of it tho.)

Gloam

I don't find the graphics that bad at all (would be nice to have some coloured lighting on the characters) the game seems to animate well. Monsters look very expressive too, and from what I've seen of the stream the cinema sequences are dynamic, lots of neat angles and what not. Pity about the lack of new music.

Kenka

Can we have more impressions of people playing online ? Lag, interest of side quests, combat system, challenge ?

I have kind of warmed up to the idea of a DQ MMO and this game specifically. It looked like turd to me for a long time, but watching the recent Nintendo Direct left a pretty nice impression. Too bad I'll never be able to try it.

StuBurns

Banned
WHY.

It makes no sense.

We are in 2012 not 1992.
Even if it's SE who intend to publish it outside of Japan (if there is any plan to), the other regional divisions wouldn't want their numbers affected by importing, especially with a subscription game. And if it is another publisher, like Nintendo, it'd be even worse.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just got through playing with a random party, wasnt too bad. Does make the game a lot easier. So am hoping to get my AI buddies. Due to at least they dont go running off not checking targets before attacking them lol

Killed the first boss too solo, lots of herbs were used.

You would have to import the game to begin with and all the stores you can choose from are cancelling foreign orders.

Is there a reason companies do this? I don't understand trying to stop sales.

EDIT: Stream makes the game look incredibly fun. I really hope there is no sub fee for US.

Ricker

That actually looks fun. Maybe I'll get the Wii U version after all.

It does and he is playing with 2 bots,could be lots of fun playing with guildies and what not...some bad clipping though on that Golem fight,the monster almost completly disappeared in the mountain background...

Top Bottom