• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Gz781.jpg

Ok lets recap.

After signing what might be the most lucrative contract in WWE history Brock Lesner has already been jobbed to Cena in his first match back for no good reason since Cena isnt going anywhere despite reports of him taking time off and heal some nagging injuries. Maybe Vince wanted to show Brock who is boss but who knows.

Triple H is returning to bury the roster some more.

No one cares about Sheamus.

Daniel Bryan accidentally got over and that must be stopped at all costs.

CM Punk continues his transformation into John Cena 2.0 by rising above beer and hating people who left the WWE.

Kane is awesome. Kane fans are weird. Diva Kane cosplay is a thing.

Neogaf discovered you can gamble on WWE matches.

Layla is back!

I think Ryback is a joke but I cant tell.

TNA is still going nowhere but hulk hogan has another plan to save the company.

After all that we should have some interesting stuff in the world of wrasslin this month. I cant promise you quality but I promise many hilarious gifs.

Kyoufu

Uh, Punk wasn't wearing jorts...

This thread is already terrible.

it looked like he was.

But now that I look closer his jeans where just tucked into his knee pads and just looked like Jorts..

I will amend this huge mistake.

Amend and I shall pledge my support!

No Kane OT? What BS is this?

I knew it would never happen, I just wanted to believe.
But hey he's got a mention in the recap, I like the recap idea and feel it should be used in all future threads to catch people up to speed with the current (dire) state of WWE complete with vintage wrasslegaf snark.

The spring of squash will continue, which of the big three will lose first? Tensei, Funk or Ryback? who will be a champion by the years end? so much excitement I can hardly contain myself.

Ok if I actually put effort into the OT and didnt just post something because we needed a new thread before RAW started I would have done a Kane OT.

I think for the June OT we should all agree in advance that its going to be a Kane OT so whoever is making it will have time to think things out.

Never before have I watched a program that I felt was so actively targeting ME directly and trying to get me to stop watching. With each passing PPV, I'm another step down the staircase descending into madness where Vince McMahon has already set up shop as a seller of rage inducing programming.

This is the story of a man who's reached his breaking point, and continues to make the same mistakes.

"Did I ever tell you the definition....of insanity?"

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This is horrendous. You picked the worst title. No Bork, no HHH, no Kane? The OP is also lazy and subpar.

I'm pissed.

SoulPlaya is not going to be happy. Not going to be happy, at all. There will be hell fire and brimstone.
You're damn right!

EDIT: Thank you for the "Kane is awesome" mention.

Ok if I actually put effort into the OT and didnt just post something because we needed a new thread before RAW started I would have done a Kane OT.

I think for the June OT we should all agree in advance that its going to be a Kane OT so whoever is making it will have time to think things out.

Depends on what Kane's doing, i'm all for it but if he's dropping back into midcard mediocrity it's just not going to feel right.
So here's hoping that CM Punk will move onto a fresh new feud with Kane tonight on Raw for justification. One way or another I foresee the next Punk feud involving a big man, Kane, Henry or Tensei seem like good candidates.

Never before have I watched a program that I felt was so actively targeting ME directly and trying to get me to stop watching. With each passing PPV, I'm another step down the staircase descending into madness where Vince McMahon has already set up shop as a seller of rage inducing programming.

This is the story of a man who's reached his breaking point, and continues to make the same mistakes.

Stay in the thread! There was a lurker in the IRC chat on Sunday who was SUPER SALTY about you hating on the 'E, and it was glorious.

Is there really a stringent rule about 20,000 posts? Especially if tomorrow is the new month anyways? I'm genuinely curious. I didn't know.

Worry not, for the day is darkest just before the dawn. And trust me, the dawn is coming.

wwe-triple-h-hhh-happy-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-16.gif

dream

Maybe now you understand my perspective on this wretched form of sports entertainment.

jmdajr

This is the story of a man who's reached his ibreaking point, and continues to make the same mistakes.

Your like the Scott Hall of wrassle gaf. I am sorry man you'll just have to keep suffering.

As for me I am fucking stoked that HHH is back baby!

Is there really a stringent rule about 20,000 posts? Especially if tomorrow is the new month anyways? I'm genuinely curious. I didn't know.

yes.

if mods see a thread going over 20k, they will make a new one themselves.

it's for our own good, it makes GAF run smoother when there aren't any threads that get too big!

Just do what I do and don't watch the product. Watch the recommended parts on YouTube after. There usually aren't many so it'll take you a whole 5 minutes.

Also, what the fuck happened in the other thread? I went to go to the mall, and came back to people were getting all crazy. But I guess a WWE PPV will do that.

Just do what I do and don't watch the product. Watch the recommended parts on YouTube after. There usually aren't many so it'll take you a whole 5 minutes.

Also, what the fuck happened in the other thread? I went to go to the mall, and came back to people were getting all crazy. But I guess a WWE PPV will do that.

We're all a bunch of snarky snarks =(

Stay in the thread! There was a lurker in the IRC chat on Sunday who was SUPER SALTY about you hating on the 'E, and it was glorious.

I no longer care for Heavy, his spawn, or anyone else with equally terrible taste. They can say what they want, and remain in this Sonic WWE Cycle of disaster, but I'm making a change.

Worry not, for the day is darkest just before the dawn. And trust me, the dawn is coming.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/hap...happy-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-16.gif[

All that HHH brings is a momentary break from Cena's reign followed by another age of darkness. You are blinded by his magiks.

Maybe now you understand my perspective on this wretched form of sports entertainment.

YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG, DREAM.

Your like the Scott Hall of wrassle gaf. I am sorry man you'll just have to keep suffering.

I will not be the Scott Hall of WrassleGAF. I'm getting clean and staying that way.

Or at least significantly reducing my amount of intake to "Slight recreational usage."

dream

Honestly, though, WWE is pretty great to watch just because it's so fascinating to see a company that is this openly contemptuous towards their dwindling fanbase.

Honestly, though, WWE is pretty great to watch just because it's so fascinating to see a company that is this openly contemptuous towards their dwindling fanbase.

I think Vince is just messing around before he retires / dies.

Dude just wants to have fun and do things for his own enjoyment and doesnt give a fuck what anyone else thinks.

RAW will be in the low to mid 2.0's next year mark my words.

Vince McMahon is the drug dealer who gives you shitty subpar stuff, is an asshole, doesn't give a fuck about you, and thinks you're an idiot, but he lives close, is reliable, and is never getting caught by the cops. Dixie Carter is that drug dealer who is super sketchy, always moving to new places, and always trying to get you to try this brand new drug she just got in that's the best thing ever, despite it just being the same weed repackaged to a different name. Wrestling fans are the addicts that need their fix.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vince McMahon is the drug dealer who gives you shitty subpar stuff, is an asshole, doesn't give a fuck about you, and thinks you're an idiot, but he lives close, is reliable, and is never getting caught by the cops. Dixie Carter is that drug dealer who is super sketchy, always moving to new places, and always trying to get you to try this brand new drug she just got in that's the best thing ever, despite it just being the same weed repackaged to a different name. Wrestling fans are the addicts that need their fix.

That's why I import my drugs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can someone point me to why the PPV was 'great'?
There was Sheamus/DBry
Jericho and Punk was okay, but it was supposed to be a street fight, but it had no emotional investment because the storyline's been horribly executed. lol punk's sister calling him punk
A squash match
A main event that was okay but ended in a completely dumbfounding way
A Cody/Show match with a funny ending but the match itself was nothing we haven't seen before with those two.
A Bella match

I guess I'm missing something.

bart jr

Neo Member
I haven't kept up with the thread much since I left for Synergy/Extreme Rules, but there is a whole lot of negativity going on. Did you guys really think things were THAT bad? Is my opinion of Extreme Rules skewed since I was there in person? Overall I thought the PPV was really good, and as a whole was much better than Wrestlemania. I find that I enjoy the product more when I'm not paying attention to most of the nitpicking on here. Don't get me wrong, there are justifiable reasons to be displeased with the product but sometimes we go overboard. It may benefit some of you to stay away from the thread while watching and form your own opinion, and THEN engage in conversation after the show is over. I'm not pointing out anyone in particular. We all know things aren't how they used to be, and I don't think we should settle for mediocrity, but we let our displeasure for the bad overshadow the good that is happening.

Anyway, this past weekend was awesome and there was a ton of good wrestling to watch. I'm bummed Bill couldn't make it to ROH, but we had an awesome time at Extreme Rules. Speaking of ROH, I thought Chikara was the better of the two shows at Synergy. I also decided that I won't be purchasing anymore ROH iPPVs, mostly due to this:

@flairchops
Fascinating conversation with ROH's Joe Koff about iPPV debacle..."It was $15! What do people expect? They spend more at Starbucks."

That conversation occured during Synergy.

Also, thanks for the recommendation for The Patio rvd2kewl, that place ruled.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
There was Sheamus/DBry
Jericho and Punk was okay, but it was supposed to be a street fight, but it had no emotional investment because the storyline's been horribly executed. lol punk's sister calling him punk
A squash match
A Cody/Show match with a funny ending but the match itself was nothing we haven't seen before with those two.
A Bella match

What you're describing is about as good as the WWE is going to get these days.

On the subject of Punk's sister, she totally calls him "Punk" all the time, and not just to maintain keyfabe, right?

Yeah I'm surprised it got hated on... I enjoyed it.

And I think you all have noticed how much I've been hating on WWE recently.
3 of the matches were great, IMO, but had terrible endings, which have a tendency to spoil things. It might not be fair, but it's what it is.

The top 3 matches Sheamus/Bryan, Punk/Jericho, and Brock/Cena all delivered in the ring. The rest was shit and the finish to Brock/Cena left a sour note on a decent ppv. People remember the last thing they see and people are going to remember Cena standing tall and doing his stupid speech and them killing Brock Lesnar's drawing power in his first match.

Parts of the PPV were quite enjoyable, it's just the results that I didn't like. Plus exaggerating is fun.

This is no hyperbole, and no exaggeration: The WWE Mass Effect 3'd Extreme Rules. A story is only as good as its ending. You people can delude yourselves, but the truth will come to light soon enough.

You will all look up to me and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."

jmdajr

People who like what they see should say so just as much as the detractors. I feel that people hold back or dont post because they will be ridiculed.

There was Sheamus/DBry
A squash match
A Bella match

You're undervaluing the three main events, though I agree that Bork/John was marred by dumb booking.

What you're describing is about as good as the WWE is going to get these days.

Also this. Alongside MITB 2011 this was a great PPV of the "PG-era", which has seen much bigger travesties than Lesnargate.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The top 3 matches Sheamus/Bryan, Punk/Jericho, and Brock/Cena all delivered in the ring. The rest was shit and the finish to Brock/Cena left a sour note on a decent ppv. People remember the last thing they see and people are going to remember Cena standing tall and doing his stupid speech and them killing Brock Lesnar's drawing power in his first match.
Yeah, no one is arguing that it didn't have great matches. However, with Cena winning in such a dumb way, it leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth and you realize that nothing has changed.

This is no hyperbole, and no exaggeration: The WWE Mass Effect 3'd Extreme Rules. A story is only as good as its ending. You people can delude yourselves, but the truth will come to light soon enough.

You will all look up to me and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."

Well duh. I said parts were enjoyable. Don't misconstrue that as me saying "GOD DAMN THIS PPV WAS HOT FIRE SON." I thought you knew me better than that, dawg?

Top Bottom