• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) - No Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Ben

Banned
From IGN UK's twitter;
Batman 3 titled The Dark Knight Rises and won't feature The Riddler. News to follow... 2 minutes ago

That's all there is at the moment. No riddler, huh? Interested in who the villain is now!

ultron87

Should've teased us with the abbreviation DKR for awhile just to get the entire Internet ablaze with Dark Knight Returns hype, and then yank the rug out from under us.

jambo

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2010/10/2...onfirms-batman-3-title-the-dark-knight-rises/

In an interview with the Hero Complex, Christopher Nolan has confirmed that the forthcoming third installment in the Batman trilogy will be called The Dark Knight Rises.

In addition, Nolan squashed speculation that The Riddler would be the villian in The Dark Knight Rises, saying that the character will definitely not be making an appearance.

Nolan, however, did confirm that he’ll “use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones,” and that the film won’t follow the current 3D craze, but instead capitalise on the use of HD and IMAX cameras to ensure the film remains cutting-edge.

hnggghhh

ghst

thanks for the laugh
the film won’t follow the current 3D craze, but instead capitalise on the use of HD and IMAX cameras to ensure the film remains cutting-edge.
the film won’t follow the current 3D craze, but instead capitalise on the use of HD and IMAX cameras to ensure the film remains cutting-edge.

i love you, man.

Sounds like Scarecrow will definitely be back if they're going to be using old characters.

And the title is a little meh, just calling it "The Dark Knight Returns" would've been fine I think, but I could understand if they wanted to avoid the Batman -> Batman Returns comparisons.

Chuckie

V_Ben said:
From IGN UK's twitter;

That's all there is at the moment. No riddler, huh? Interested in who the villain is now!

I can understand you are eggcited, but I already know the answer:

egghead1.jpg

btkadams

i hate the fact the title has the dark knight in it again. it makes it seem as if the dark knight was the first movie in a series or something and this new one is the second movie.

Sotha Sil

Ignatz Mouse said:
Carmine Falcone? Penguin (as mob boss rather than freak)? Black Mask? Catwoman (o please!)

I can't see it being Mr Freeze.

I can't picture a new villain that would fit in Nolan's low-camp Batman universe. The Riddler would have been good.

edit:

_dementia said:
I don't think Nolan cares for 3D this was expected

It's always nice to have confirmation ;)

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Dark Knight Rises. :lol

Metaru Gia... RISING-UH

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mr Earle + Scarecrow, please. Are we 100% sure there will be no Joker recast?

Kurtofan

Sotha Sil said:
I can't picture a new villain that would fit in Nolan's low-camp Batman universe. The Riddler would have been good.
Black Mask or Bane(if you tame down the venom aspect).

WillyFive

The Dark Knight Rises is a real title?

That's terrible.

People hated Attack of the Clones' title, but that was inspired and iconic. Dark Knight Rises is the opposite, it's like something a fanboy would title his fan fiction.

Sotha Sil

Willy105 said:

That's terrible.

People hated Attack of the Clones' title, but that was inspired and iconic. Dark Knight Rises is the opposite, it's like something a fanboy would title his fan fiction.

"Attack of the Clones" was inspired?

Sapiens

Willy105 said:

That's terrible.

Well the fact that all the fanboys are hating it works against your statement.

Glad to see Nolan not jumping on the 3D bandwagon but I am surprised by the exclusion of The Riddler.

But in Nolan we trust.

Evlar said:
I think it's got to be Penguin, possibly recast as a sleazy politician.

I don't think Nolan knows exactly how he can get Penguin to fit into the realism of his Batman films. He said this in an interview a while back

"'I'd be more excited to have Philip Seymour Hoffman in the film than to have the Penguin. There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing. The Penguin would be tricky."

Talia Al Ghul and Bane would be great choices for villains. Or Two Face not being dead.

Edit: title should have been Detective Comics: The Movie.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Bad title, but I'm sure the movie will be stellar.

It should've been something like Gotham City, or as mentioned above, The Batman.

WillyFive

Sotha Sil said:
"Attack of the Clones" was inspired?

Early Sci-Fi/Fantasy camp, which is what Lucas took inspiration from for both his Star Wars and Indiana Jones films.

What does The Dark Knight Rises mean?

Sapiens said:
Well the fact that all the fanboys are hating it works against your statement.

Fanboys compete with each other when it comes to fan fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom