• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS HD Collection Vita screens

Spiegel

qKdPO.jpg

3UXHl.jpg

Dygzt.jpg

KPva8.jpg

Dhxoj.jpg

jt3Dx.jpg

fUpWY.jpg

oFVll.jpg

SmPuk.jpg

yDl2c.jpg

qnWnv.jpg

ydgoe.jpg

SoGFa.jpg

sJLXk.jpg

6GK25.jpg

FaidSint

Perfect. Was contemplating buying for PS3, then contemplating MGS3 for 3DS, but this will be perfect. Can't wait to play these again.

Also, looks like typical vita graphics: a mix between fantastic textures and horrible pixels.

Big-E

If this turns out good it will probably coerce me into buying a Vita as I never had the chance to play through Peace Walker.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I've got the PS3 game, but will double (technically triple as I've got them on PS2) dip. Probably buy this one from PS Store.

If this turns out good it will probably coerce me into buying a Vita as I never had the chance to play through Peace Walker.

Is Peace Walker included in the PS Vita version?

Don

I'm really curious about how they are going to handle the controls. These MGS games use almost much every button input on the PS2 controller, so how is the vita going to handle the lack of two shoulder buttons, pressure sensitive face buttons and clickable sticks.

The video from that Vita event showed the touch screen being used for peaking out of cover in MGS2.

Ravage

Just finished watching the 4 minutes video, and dammmmn does this looks incredible in motion on the OLED screen.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I dunno, it doesn't look so much better than mgs:pw, but i have never played mgs 2&3, maybe i'm expecting too much from ps2 games.

pa22word

Looks better than the 3DS version does IMO. The 3DS version may have touched up textures here and there, but those are meaningless due to the extremely low resolution of the 3DS screen.

jett

D-Member
Another day, another Vita game that doesn't run at the native resolution. Well, the MGS3 menu does, lolz. What's the point of that screen if you can't get games running at 960x540. I wonder if it's still 60fps.

Ardenyal

So looking at the Vita mehven video this should have some touch screen features. Hope they're not rushed and work well with rest of the controls.

jett

D-Member
The only noticeable difference to me is the 2D parts on the interface... the resolution, jaggies and blurry character textures don't cut it for me.

I'm not trolling, it just doesn't seem to such of an upgrade to me.

Graphically it's a straight port of the PS3 collection, it's nothing more than that.

Durante

So the VITA can't run a PS2 port at native res?

Well that sure doesn't bode well for the iPad 3.
I don't really get what you're trying to say, but if the Vita cannot run something at native res then the iPad3 cannot even run that same thing at 1/4 of its native res.

Of course, in this case it's very unlikely to be a hardware limitation.

Someone needs to tell Kojima about FXAA. If they fixed the AA situation it would look awesome.
FXAA is a really stupid idea on Vita. It can do better AA (MSAA) at less cost. Some developers just don't seem to care.

I don't really get what you're trying to say, but if the Vita cannot run something at native res then the iPad3 cannot even run that same thing at 1/4 of its native res.

That's exactly what I was saying, seeing how they're fairly similar hardware wise, with the iPad being on the weaker side.

So if you don't think it is due to hardware limitations, what else could it be? I mean it's not like they had a lot of time to fix this.

Nibel

So: there is an HD collection for the HD twins, a HD collection for the Vita which will arrive at my house the next days and a 3D version for my 3DS.

They don't make it easy to choose between all those versions.

zoukka

MGS3 looks better than on 3DS no surprises, but the enviroment is blurry and jaggy on Vita too :(

That game doesn't translate well to handhelds.

FXAA is a really stupid idea on Vita. It can do better AA (MSAA) at less cost. Some developers just don't seem to care.

Really? Can you explain how that works? I've never heard of fast MSAA before, heh.

I'm guessing you've been keeping up with the news on FXAA 4.0. That stuff sounds amazing and I'm hoping it will be the standard for games coming out this fall.

Top Bottom