• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF ASSEMBLE (vote for contest ending at midnight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moofers

Remember when GAF tried to help Tashi win an MLG controller last week and some dudebro at a university got more votes somehow?

This time, GAF was victorious!

Contest is over. Huge thanks to everybody who helped out!

I'll leave the pics up that I posted over the course of the thread so people can continue to enjoy them. Outside that, mods can feel free to lock this.

Here is a photo my fiance helped me create:
arcade1.jpg

And now, the parade of stuff I've posted in order to keep you all entertained:

My beautiful/patient fiance
404729_567535552533_49200076_31470663_1159094183_a.jpg

My cat Lars being good
71569_490664880228_713435228_6964524_8320687_n.jpg

Somebody asked for "shoe on head", Lars was happy to oblige (he's yawning in the photo, fresh from a nap)
100_1507.jpg

Halloween Lars
71592_490666165228_713435228_6964577_7301978_n.jpg

Fist of the North Ivan
IvansRage-1.jpg

Gram The Hamster and Greenie the Moose of Doom
Scan10009-1.jpg

Ivan & Lars
LazyGoodForNothings-1.jpg

Ivan closeup
Ivancloseup.jpg

Business Lars
untitled.jpg

Princess Moofie crashes a Banshee into Covenant troops
1354060666_l.jpg

Closer look at Princess Moofie
m_e8fa9ebbf2ef4e932ff7d852e21bace6.jpg

Lars in his tuna can bed
425849_575720639553_49200076_31498226_932664613_n.jpg

Kitty Saxobeat

There's tons of other photos, videos, and the like in the thread that we made in an effort to keep this thread entertaining and worth visiting. Also to show that we're not ungrateful bastards. Thanks again for all the help so far and hopefully GAF can help us clinch this thing!

Remember when GAF tried to help Toshi win an MLG controller last week and some dudebro at a university got more votes somehow? This is a battle GAF could easily win. By a landslide, I'm sure.

Let me start by saying that I'm doing this reluctantly. It is my fiance's request that I ask GAF for assistance here. I'm aware of the photoshopping and mayhem that accompanies it, but she's important so I guess I'm doing this.

My fiance and I are in a facebook photo contest where a pic of us is up against several other photos. In 2 weeks, the one with the most "likes" wins a free engagement photography session. These can cost up to $1000.

Anyway, if you follow the link, you can "like" the photo. The one with the most "likes" in 2 weeks from now wins the photo package.

My plea for mercy/help:

• My fiance is great. She drove 7 hours with me at 3am to get a copy of Halo 3 a week before release.[/img]
    • She got me Twisted Metal for V-Day this year, Marvel vs Capcom 3 for V-Day last year.
    • She offered to bake/send cookies to people that voted for her. I explained that GAF is such a huge number of people that she'd be baking cookies for years and spending more on shipping than we would on our wedding.
    • She drove 8 hours with me to go to a "Symphony X" (heavy metal) concert. She doesn't even like heavy metal.

So clearly, I owe her, hence this posting. Anyway, here's the link to the contest: Strike a Post Contest

We are the 1st photo in the 5th row. It is a fucking terrible photo of us, but oh well. Flex your might, GAF and win this thing for us. We'll even shoot some kind of victory photo of GAF's design at the end provided its not "morally compromising/naked/etc".

• Voted but I'm gonna need to borrow that controller or your fiance for a week...to drive me around of course.

Good luck.

marrec

Banned
Can't vote at work, but I'm with you in spirit! At least until I get home.

Also, I don't need your damn cookies. I'm doing this because I'm a good person damnit.

Az987

all good things
You have my like!

I'd like 2 cookies please, one for me and one for my dog (it's his facebook page)

Moofers

Thanks to everyone who has helped out so far!

You have my like!

I'd like 2 cookies please, one for me and one for my dog (it's his facebook page)

Reminded me of this:
-1.gif

:)

Did and done. Sounds like something my wife would make me do--but I owe her.

Good luck, man.

Yes, the things we do for love. I told her I was scared to do this. Summoning GAF is like asking Deadpool for help. Sure, he'll come in and clean house, but he may also completely wreck the joint in the process. ;)

Moofers

We're up to 48 now and tied for 3rd place. I'm hoping to drum up another round of support here, GAF! The leader now has 101! I know GAF can crush that!

Moofers

liked. Hope I got the right one!

5th Row down, 1st Picture!

THANK YOU everybody! We are starting to close in on the leader, but she has 110 likes and has a pool of 550+ friends to draw from. Between my GF and I, we have under 200 friends, which I why I came to GAF to beg for likes.

I'm confident GAF can eventually crush the opposition if I bump this every couple of days. Got 2 weeks for it, so I'm hoping the other votes burn out quickly and GAF keeps up going strong and steady.

Any victory picture requests? I can supply cute cat/kitten pics in the meantime to sustain everybody's interest.

5th Row down, 1st Picture!

THANK YOU everybody! We are starting to close in on the leader, but she has 110 likes and has a pool of 550+ friends to draw from. Between my GF and I, we have under 200 friends, which I why I came to GAF to beg for likes.

I'm confident GAF can eventually crush the opposition if I bump this every couple of days. Got 2 weeks for it, so I'm hoping the other votes burn out quickly and GAF keeps up going strong and steady.

Any victory picture requests? I can supply cute cat/kitten pics in the meantime to sustain everybody's interest.

Shoe on head.

Moofers

Thanks for the likes, everyone! The leader (some girl and her mom) is sitting at 130 now. I don't know where she gets them all. We're at 107. But on the bright side, she started out today at 80, and we started today at 0. So really, you guys have helped us close the gap a LOT. Thank you!

Now taking picture requests to keep this thread alive and bringing in votes. See cat pictures above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom