• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Starter Pack coming to Europe this November

Dont know if this is old (havent found anything with the search function), there is an starter pack ad on the free gc invites that xbl gold members in Germany can get.

Coming November.

RRP: 79 euros.

vlxxs7p6.jpg

Thats a good deal actually for people who want to upgrade a core/arcade.

I think if they publises the fact that aracdes can easily be upgraded at a later date and that you wont be missing out on anything it could really help sales.

Hellraizer said:
Probably just in time for the fall update/installation feature.

I was hoping the new dashboard would be hitting a few months before that. MS seem to be placing quite a bit of importance on this update for their Q4 push, one would hope its available before late November.

Ah well, time will tell I guess.

Gowans

No included wi-fi adapter = fail for arcade market

No ones wired internet connections in Europe any more and certianly not the type of people who buy the Arcade.

Parents at point of purchase are told they have to buy a £60 adapter to get it online via wifi.

I'm convinced this is one of the reasons the 360 struggles in continental Europe and MS really needs to get their shit together and include it in the box (or even better in the system hardware).

Sean

Banned
So the rumors were true after all.

It's a smart move IMO. People can buy the Arcade for much cheaper and then upgrade to the Premium (by simply buying this kit) and not get completely screwed like they did before. This is a hell of a lot better deal than the 20GB hdd was.

adamma666

I already have a headset and maybe another Live-subscription when this package hits. I would like to see them selling the harddrive seperatley for a little less, as I don't need the pack-in stuff.

adamma666 said:
I already have a headset and maybe another Live-subscription when this package hits. I would like to see them selling the harddrive seperatley for a little less, as I don't need the pack-in stuff.

Then sell it on, I'm sure ebay or friends would hand over some cash for 3 months of Live Gold and a headset.

If you get that pack I'll paypal you £10 for the 3 months of Gold myself!

Kibs

flipping_heck said:
Yeah, i wud need a wi-fi adapter, I got no more ethernet ports to give :(
The WiFi adapter from the original Xbox works just fine on the 360 - plus you can pick it up for like 20 bucks if you're lucky. On top of that - most standard WiFi ethernet bridges should work just fine.
I agree that the pricetag for the official wireless device is stupid, but there's actually plenty of alternatives.

dejay

Banned
MS really need to decrease the prices of their peripherals. I'm not sure what's in this deal due to a poor hosting decision in the OP, but MS can still make a profit on reasonably prices add-ons.

The Arcade SKU has recently overtaken the Pro pack in terms of monthly sales here in Australia due to a price cut, which puts it cheaper than the Wii, so to call the 'tard' pack irrelevant is being just plain wrong.

MS need to push out Arcades into the market place at cheap prices, just enough to make a profit, and to do the same with add-ons for those looking to upgrade.

szaromir

Banned
So, if someone wants to connect his console to TV with HDMI/VGA, it's actually better to buy Arcade with this "Starter Pack".
Arcade + Starter Pack €278 and includes the console, 256MB memory card, 60GB HDD, 5 Arcade games, headset, 3 months of Live Gold. Premium is for €299...

Kuran

Banned
How easy would it be to transfer data from a 20GB drive to the 60GB? Will the required cable be included?

szaromir said:
So, if someone wants to connect his console to TV with HDMI/VGA, it's actually better to buy Arcade with this "Starter Pack".
Arcade + Starter Pack €278 and includes the console, 256MB memory card, 60GB HDD, 5 Arcade games, headset, 3 months of Live Gold. Premium is for €299...

actually Pro is 269€ since april

Vorador

Banned
szaromir said:

The Premium is prized 270€ (at least here) so they're about the same price after adding the price of the Starter Pack, but with 3 months of Gold instead of one in the Premium pack.

Top Bottom