• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 4 remaster launches in NA/EU Nov 28 (same as JP), $20.99

DKHF

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/star-oce...remaster-launches-november-28-americas-europe

Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K & Full HD Remaster will launch for PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store and PC via Steam in the Americas and Europe day and date with its Japanese release on November 28 for $20.99, Square Enix announced.

PlayStation Plus members and Steam users who purchase the game before December 12 will receive a 10 percent discount off the $20.99 price point. Additionally, Steam users will receive an exclusive downloadable mini-soundtrack featuring music from the game. PlayStation 4 users will receive an exclusive PlayStation 4 theme and 12 PlayStation Network avatars.

Square Enix overview of it:
Developed in partnership with tri-Ace, Star Ocean: The Last Hope takes place at the beginning of the STAR OCEAN series timeline and is a full HD remaster with added 4K support and PC keyboard, mouse and controller support. The game takes players on an epic journey across the universe in an immersive, intergalactic story of survival where humanity must turn to the stars in search of a new home. Featuring strategic real-time combat, the remastered title also keeps the original deep Item Creation System and Private Action system that explores character relationships and subplots for a richer and more rewarding story, and exhilarating Blindside battle system, which fuses evasion and offense.

Screenshot gallery http://gematsu.com/gallery/star-ocean-the-last-hope-4k-full-hd-remaster/october-18-2017/

GunBR

I'm actually interested in this one, because I never played the PS360 versions

But I still don't understand WHY we got this and SO 3 but SE never translated the PS4 version of SO 2

Cikay

Given that in the battle screenshot the characters' portraits are the artworks and not the 3D models, this seems to be the International version, right ?

khaaan

Actually... yes it is! I hated this game so I have no idea why I want to buy it again. Maybe it's because I love 1-3 so much.

Huh, for some reason I thought 5 and even the HD release of 3 was on PC. Probably will happen eventually.
I'm actually looking forward to this, I've heard plenty of negative (and positive) things about this but it's coming at a good price and since I was lttp on the HD consoles last gen it was always on my list of things to buy. Still gotta look for Folklore, 3D Dot, Resonance of Fate and a few of the 360 exclusives.

This is the only star ocean ive played but I really liked it, kay? I have too many games and more coming so this will have to wait. Probably till a sale reminds me of its existence again lol

Ravage

They have to pay me $20 to play this piece of shit.

Wtf SE, you can't be bothered to release SO2 in English?

Toth

Questionable Characters aside and some...dumb plot moments, this is a great RPG with addicting mechanics. It’s recommended strictly for its gameplay alone. The story really isn’t THAT bad.

wol93

Banned
Actually... yes it is! I hated this game so I have no idea why I want to buy it again. Maybe it's because I love 1-3 so much.

I hope they'll port SO5. Gameplay wise was good. Maybe they'll port 5 if 4 is successful on pc

However minimum requirements of the pc version?

Ouroboros

I really liked everything about this game except 2 things :

English voices
No sprint running, you had to dash.

If the NA version includes Japanese dub and they fix that dumb dash function in the overworld, yeah I'll get it on a sale.

KainXVIII

Questionable Characters aside and some...dumb plot moments, this is a great RPG with addicting mechanics. It’s recommended strictly for its gameplay alone. The story really isn’t THAT bad.

If story at least on par with FFX-2 (which is a lowest bar for me so far) i'm ok with it 😀

sensui-tomo

to everyone that wants that SO2 port, i thought that was a hackjob of a port where it was basically the same as the psp version(except with some new intro) and the screen upscaled in a poor way.(i remember hearing the quality of the port was that it looked bad and that doing ppsspp(or whatever that emulator is) was a easier way to have a better port than what SE put out)

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Might get it if it ever comes down around 10 dollars. I'd buy The Second Story day one no questions asked but Square doesn't seem to wanna give me that.

Kyougar

I really liked everything about this game except 2 things :

English voices
No sprint running, you had to dash.

If the NA version includes Japanese dub and they fix that dumb dash function in the overworld, yeah I'll get it on a sale.

The PS3 EU Version had dual audio

Ydelnae

I would have loved to play SO2 (not so much after hearing impressions about the PS4 port), but they can 'kayp this one.

-NeoTB1-

Dual audio alone would make me consider this purchase. It's bad enough dealing with
Lymle and mopey Edge in English

MogCakes

My ps3 version is still sitting wrapped on my shelf. After all of the terrible things I've read and seen about it I'm reluctant to play it.

Lutherian

Discover the remaster no one asked for.
Partake in an adventure that make no sense.
Thrill with an horrendous character design.
Let your ears rest in pieces with the best contender for the worst script ever written in a JRPG.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope to NOT buy this game.

Shifty1897

I think at that price on Steam I'll actually buy it. Was always curious.

It comes with dual audio, right?

It really is. I guess that dollar was important.

Pretty sure they'll base this off the international version, which had dual audio. Also, yeah, SO3 HD was 20.99 too. This seems to be a Square Enix thing.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
I came here to make a 4kay joke but I've been beaten.

That aside... would anyway the game holds up today?

Lime

I sure wish they would do this with the Valkyrie Profile games :/

Or have Sega get Resonance of Fate up to date. SO4 and RoF are using the same engine, correct?

Top Bottom