• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Gravijah

omg when
the thwomps hit the course, they cause a shockwave that makes it go all wiggly. and there are so many jumps and stuff. looks great.

Koopa Troopa - Loyal minion of King Bowser. Um... there's not much else to say about this guy... His shell is green I suppose

This is actually important, as unlike their red or yellow or blue shelled cousins, green shelled koopas are actually stupid.

hatchx

Banned
I am very curious to see how the Time Trials work.

I saw them advertise you can race with up to 7 other ghosts...

....does that mean I need to walk by 7 people who have the game? Also, when I walk by someone, am I getting all of their ghosts or just one? This whole thing seems like it'd be a lot easier using the online capabilities....

Anyhoo I'll be here on Sunday to race you guys.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I am very curious to see how the Time Trials work.

I saw them advertise you can race with up to 7 other ghosts...

....does that mean I need to walk by 7 people who have the game? Also, when I walk by someone, am I getting all of their ghosts or just one? This whole thing seems like it'd be a lot easier using the online capabilities....

Anyhoo I'll be here on Sunday to race you guys.

From what I gather it's not a "ghost race" in the sense that you're racing against a recorded playback but a race against player AI that supposedly mimics the actions of the person you StreetPassed, based on their player data.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Retro Rainbow Road (SNES): http://youtu.be/DQt4LOEHtIU

0gHvQ.gif

My god did that send me back to my childhood. I already knew the track was in the game, which caused me to go pay off my pre-order the next day. But actually being able to hear the music took my nostalgia to the next level. I'm going to play the hell out of this track once I unlock it.

I somehow missed out on buying MKDS and MKWii, so I'm fucking hyped about a new Mario Kart. And going by all the revealed information, I picked the perfect time to jump back in. I wish there were less DS and Wii tracks in the Retro Cups, but it also means that even more courses will be new to me.

hatchx

Banned
From what I gather it's not a "ghost race" in the sense that you're racing against a recorded playback but a race against player AI that supposedly mimics the actions of the person you StreetPassed, based on their player data.

*scratches head in confusion

Original music!? (With a little more beat, maybe?)

THERE IS A GOD!

Actually, the music changes when you get into a big lead. If you are a few seconds in front of everyone the music will get a little bit more upbeat on all levels.

it runs along the track then goes airbound on the person in 1st.

It's in the air all the time, just close to the ground :p

Hooray, new video:
Airship Fortress: http://youtu.be/2Eidre_8-AU

I don't know why but I hate when Mii's show up in games that aren't Wii-themed.

And on that note, why is this game not in my 3DS yet? Guess it's okay as once it's in it isn't leaving for months.

I somehow missed out on buying MKDS and MKWii, so I'm fucking hyped about a new Mario Kart. And going by all the revealed information, I picked the perfect time to jump back in. I wish there were less DS and Wii tracks in the Retro Cups, but it also means that even more courses will be new to me.
The ones they picked from DS and Wii are all stellar, so you shouldn't worry about them.

udivision

Actually, the music changes when you get into a big lead. If you are a few seconds in front of everyone the music will get a little bit more upbeat on all levels.
That'd be so awesome if they pulled a Pokemon B/W and changed the music when your in last place to something like the "Low HP" theme. Or heck, the actual theme from B/W

udivision

Wait, Rosalina is fat?
H... wh.. bu....?
You think you're surprised? Look at it from her perspectie. Imagine living in space, practically floating where ever you want, light as a feather, only to come to Earth and realize your pushing 200 lbs and clothes selection at the local Coconut Mall doesn't accomadate your size.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
heard a rumor that one of the embargoed features is
Custom GP. Meaning you can mix and match any 4 tracks in any order.

Take it with a grain of salt.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
The ones they picked from DS and Wii are all stellar, so you shouldn't worry about them.
I'm not worried about the track quality. They just won't create the same nostalgia feeling I'll get from the tracks I do remember. It's totally my fault for not getting the previous two games, so it's not really a complaint. Besides, Mario Kart: Super Circuit is one of the Ambassador games. It has all of the GBA and SNES tracks, so that should cover my nostalgia cravings.

udivision

I don't really understand how that's a feature.
In MKWii you could choose up to 32 races, any order...

I'm not worried about the track quality. They just won't create the same nostalgia feeling I'll get from the tracks I do remember. It's totally my fault for not getting the previous two games, so it's not really a complaint. Besides, Mario Kart: Super Circuit is one of the Ambassador games. It has all of the GBA and SNES tracks, so that should cover my nostalgia cravings.

You're not doing yourself any favors by not getting MKWii (if you have a Wii)

Gravijah

but that's basically a feature in mkw....

the courses they chose are all amazing. you might not get all nostalgic for them, but i think you'll appreciate them.

You can set four tracks in your "Edit Mii" config thingy on the Mario Kart Channel. I think it has something to do with Streetpass.

Also, people you race online will bring you gifts in Super Mario 3D Land.

Delio

It's in the air all the time, just close to the ground :p

Hooray, new video:
Airship Fortress: http://youtu.be/2Eidre_8-AU

Yeah looking at all your vids the Blue shell looks just like it works just like the winged one...only it's wingless.

Yeah looking at all your vids the Blue shell looks just like it works just like the winged one...only it's wingless.

It's not wingless...

It has wings. It flies. It zoomes along the track close enough to the ground that it hits people on the way to the front. At the front it swoops up and then crashes into the lead kart, making an explosion that'll take out nearby people as well.

That's how it works.

Blue Shell is being turned OFF in my community then.

This is how you set up a community room:

You can set a logo (pre made ones only), enter a name and description, choose between racing (50, 100, 150CC or Mirror) or the two battle modes and which items are available when racing (All, Shells, Bananas, Mushrooms, Bob-Ombs, None). No individual toggling for each item.

You can't toggle blue shells off. If you don't want to play with blue shells, you have to choose Bananas, Mushrooms, Bob-Ombs or nothing at all.

This is how you set up a community room:

You can set a logo (pre made ones only), enter a name and description, choose between racing (50, 100, 150CC or Mirror) or the two battle modes and which items are available when racing (All, Shells, Bananas, Mushrooms, Bob-Ombs, None). No individual toggling for each item.

You can't toggle blue shells off. If you don't want to play with blue shells, you have to choose Bananas, Mushrooms, Bob-Ombs or nothing at all.
This should be added to the op.

DR2K

Banned
how does local multiplayer work? Do both players need their own cart, or can it run off one cart?

Delio

It's not wingless...

It has wings. It flies. It zoomes along the track close enough to the ground that it hits people on the way to the front. At the front it swoops up and then crashes into the lead kart, making an explosion that'll take out nearby people as well.

That's how it works.

huh I assumed it didnt have wings.

Top Bottom