• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Extraction coming to PSN/XBLA

Shiggy

Electronic Arts Montreal is not proud to inofficially announce - and thus confirm rumours - that they are currently working on a port of Wii rail shooter "Dead Space Extraction". Work started in February 2010, a release should happen at the end of the year.

Here are the old rumours:
According to a recent consumer survey, Electronic Arts is considering bringing Dead Space Extraction from the Wii to the Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network platforms. According to the survey, Extraction would be presented in HD and retail for $14.99 while retaining the "guided first-person experience" of the original game.
http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-dead-space-extraction-coming-to-xbla-psn-163020.phtml

PalaceBrother said:
Seems reasonable.

Did I see a character playing this game in season 2 of True Blood?

The old lady.

Also, I love how this is basically EA acknowledging that they overcharged for this game on the Wii.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
InfiniteNine said:
If it works with the Move it should be fun. How was the Wii version?

you can get it for less than $14.99 right now and as a bonus you don't need to buy new hardware

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'd probably get. It's cheap and I liked Dead Space. :p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
szaromir said:
Yeah, I hope it'll have Natal support.
20hx7pv.gif

MattyGrovesOrMe said:
Great, especially co-op, but too brief. It also reviewed well.
Neato, I'll buy RE: Chronicles for my Wii instead, and just wait on the PSN version of this.

stuminus3

This strikes me as being almost as dumb a decision as it was to make a Dead Space game on the Wii that was an on-rails shooter in the first place.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
God I hate Kevin Butler...

Anyways, this is good news since I've been wanting to play Extraction (Dead Space <3) but I feeling that it'll just use the standard controllers/analogue sticks which won't be as fun as a lightgun.

markatisu

So core games fail on the Wii huh EA? That must be why you had to drop the price $35 to get the hardcorez to possibly be interested in it :lol

Where is N'gai, he should pat himself on the back for calling this years ago (Wii games being ported over the HD side)

Nizz

PalaceBrother said:
Seems reasonable.

Did I see a character playing this game in season 2 of True Blood?
Yeah Hoyt's mother. :lol *edit* beaten by AceBandage. :)

Was always interested in playing this game but I don't own a Wii. But I love Dead Space so I'll be willing to give this a try. Would be awesome if it had Move support.

Shiggy

Mesijs said:
That source is an old link.

So, source of this 'news'?

An employee of EA Montreal. I don't want to post his CV in this thread, if you want to I can send it to a mod who will confirm it.

Eteric Rice

I'm going to make a prediction.

Make a rail shooter on the Wii, try to sell it for full price, watch it bomb = talk about how the Wii audience doesn't want core games.

Take said rail shooter, port it to the other systems, sell it for a fraction of the price placed on the Wii version, it sells well = Lol see, the audience just wasn't there guys!

I would have bought it on my Wii for $15. :|

Amneisac

Yeah, I tend to lurk the game deals sites pretty regularly and I haven't seen the Wii version for under $15. I would have totally picked it up for the wife and me. I've been itching for a good 'light gun' style game.

[Nintex]

This was quite an awesome game on the Wii and offers some new insights in the Dead Space story, definitely worth $15.

GunCon 3 compatible ?

(please, make it so... I'll finaly be able to use this gimmick taking dust somewhere in the basement)

Top Bottom