• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Droid Razr M vs LG Lucid 2 vs LG Spectrum 2?

Which is best, Android GAF?
they're all shit at this point, but which shit is less shit? Spectrum 2 is probably the highest end phone there, Lucid 2 has the biggest battery, Razr M probably has the least offensive skin by far and has most dev support and is a nice size.

Old thread wall of shame:

-Pyromaniac- 1,875
The Faceless Master 1,377
Brettison 864
gcubed 795
tino 735
Groof 702
Unknown Soldier 533
Copernicus 437
DrFunk 419
Pctx 407
Bboy AJ 389
zomgbbqftw 373
Talon 364
Andrex 353
OriginalThinking 348
BootlegSnackz 348
Nicktendo86 345
brotkasten 327
buhdeh 305
Cipherr 255
SimleuqiR 230
Divvy 221
SirMossyBloke 176
Greyface 167
shinshoryuken 154
Battersea Power Station 151
jokkir 149
Zeppu 144
kinggroin 140
reKon 140
Liquidus 126
zedge 124
cuevas, PhD. 124
Fatalah 121
Hieberrr 114
3pheMeraLmiX 112
mturco 112
thespot84 111
giga 108
Kiraly 107
Doopliss 105
wsoxfan1214 102
Toki767 100

LOL damn I posted that much in that thread? Most of it shitting on random products too. I guess google and co give me a lot to work with.

they're all shit at this point, but which shit is less shit? Spectrum 2 is probably the highest end phone there, Lucid 2 has the biggest battery, Razr M probably has the least offensive skin by far and has most dev support and is a nice size.

Nnnnnooooooo!!!

Which one will be best for two years? I can always root the thing if necessary.

Nnnnnooooooo!!!

Which one will be best for two years? I can always root the thing if necessary.
2 years is a long time, how much are you getting one of these for? Why not get the Nexus 4? Are you on verizon?

There HAS to be a better choice man, for the next 2 years those won't cut it.

2 years is a long time, how much are you getting one of these for? Why not get the Nexus 4? Are you on verizon?

There HAS to be a better choice man, for the next 2 years those won't cut it.

I am on Verizon ;_;

It's the worst thing to have if you like good phones. So none of them would get 4.3 or anything, yeah? Oh, and they're free.

I am on Verizon ;_;

It's the worst thing to have if you like good phones. So none of them would get 4.3 or anything, yeah? Oh, and they're free.
alright then get the razr M lol, better dev support, you should be fine. Just don't expect anything too great. Spectrum 2 may have a better screen and whatever but it's not worth risking.

This is all assuming free is your only option. You could probably get an S3 for 50 bucks on contract which would be a way better choice.

alright then get the razr M lol, better dev support, you should be fine. Just don't expect anything too great. Spectrum 2 may have a better screen and whatever but it's not worth risking.

This is all assuming free is your only option.

Wait, there's a Droid DNA for $49.99. How's that go?

I could buy an S4, but that's $199.99. I need to buy other things.

3phemeral

What is 4.3 called, anyways? And what are the added features?

Hangouts will include text message and Google Voice integration, A slurry of new Google Now Cards, built-in theme support, Project Silk, real-time voice translation (integrated with Hangouts), HDR Video, and voice-recognition unlock.

It'll also be called Key Lime Cheesecake.

Wait, there's a Droid DNA for $49.99. How's that go?

I could buy an S4, but that's $199.99. I need to buy other things.
for 50 bucks like I said in my edit you can probably get a galaxy s3 which is probably the best option in terms of support from both samsung and the developers. And it's a good phone. I saw it on bestbuy.com for 49.99.

So if the $150 difference is that big for you that you can't get an S4, which is fine, then I'd definitely spend at least $50 to get the plain better phone compared ot razr m/lucid/etc....

Also the DNA is solid but I wouldn't get that and expect updates lol.

for 50 bucks like I said in my edit you can probably get a galaxy s3 which is probably the best option in terms of support from both samsung and the developers. And it's a good phone. I saw it on bestbuy.com for 49.99.

So if the $150 difference is that big for you that you can't get an S4, which is fine, then I'd definitely spend at least $50 to get the plain better phone compared ot razr m/lucid/etc....

Also the DNA is solid but I wouldn't get that and expect updates lol.

Oof. Alright, then, lol. Thank you.

So SIII or sacrifice some money and get an SIV... I need to look for a cheaper TV, then...

Hangouts will include text message and Google Voice integration, A slurry of new Google Now Cards, built-in theme support, Project Silk, real-time voice translation (integrated with Hangouts), HDR Video, and voice-recognition unlock.

It'll also be called Key Lime Cheesecake.

Ah, sounds cool! And thank you.

Oof. Alright, then, lol. Thank you.

So SIII or sacrifice some money and get an SIV... I need to look for a cheaper TV, then...

Ah, sounds cool! And thank you.
well TVs always go on sale and stuff, can't be hard to find a good deal! Phone is something you'll interact with often I assume so best not to skimp.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
<3

-------------------------------------

-Pyromaniac- 1,875
Brettison 864
gcubed 795
tino 735
Groof 702
Unknown Soldier 533
Copernicus 437
DrFunk 419
Pctx 407

shame @ -pyromaniac-

Anyone know of an app that is kind of similar to the iOS do not disturb feature? I'm on call at work and I want to keep all calls, email, text, etc notifications on silent while I sleep except for just one phone number which I want my phone to ring for.

At least I think this is how the do not disturb feature works.

zedge

tw4lyfe

-Pyromaniac- 1,875
Brettison 864
gcubed 795
tino 735
Groof 702
Unknown Soldier 533
Copernicus 437
DrFunk 419
Pctx 407
Bboy AJ 389
zomgbbqftw 373
Talon 364
Andrex 353
OriginalThinking 348
BootlegSnackz 348
Nicktendo86 345
brotkasten 327
buhdeh 305
Cipherr 255
SimleuqiR 230
Divvy 221
SirMossyBloke 176
Greyface 167
shinshoryuken 154
Battersea Power Station 151
jokkir 149
Zeppu 144
kinggroin 140
reKon 140
Liquidus 126
zedge 124
cuevas, PhD. 124
Fatalah 121
Hieberrr 114
3pheMeraLmiX 112
mturco 112
thespot84 111
giga 108
Kiraly 107
Doopliss 105
wsoxfan1214 102
Toki767 100

Wow.. I made a list. Sweet! Holy shit at the top two... :eek

Groof

Anyone know of an app that is kind of similar to the iOS do not disturb feature? I'm on call at work and I want to keep all calls, email, text, etc notifications on silent while I sleep except for just one phone number which I want my phone to ring for.

I did a quick search and I think this app does what you're looking for. Haven't used it so I can't say, but hey, it's free.

jokkir

Maybe Tasker can do that but you'd have to set it up yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom