• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - World exclusive hands on with GTA V

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New screens

rsggtavscreenshot329jpg-882eef_610w.jpg

rsggtavscreenshot345jpg-e94292_610w.jpg

rsggtavscreenshot319jpg-882ef0_610w.jpg

rsggtavscreenshot057jpg-5a7ec9_640w-610x343.jpg

rsggtavscreenshot055jpg-5a7ec8_640w-610x343.jpg

rsggtavscreenshot336jpg-882ef2_610w.jpg

rsggtavscreenshot332jpg-e94290_610w.jpg

rsggtavscreenshot344jpg-e94291_610w.jpg

rsggtavscreenshot328jpg-e9428f_610w.jpg

PureGone

Banned
I'm not going to watch, going to do the same thing I did with Last of Us, be in the dark until I play the game

UnrealEck

Would be nice if they didn't resize the screenshots. I mean I expect the game to be running probably below 720p but come on, not that low.

Dabanton

Oh yesss.

I jog out onto the road and train a pistol at the first driver I obstruct, assuming he’ll abandon his car. He does not; he slinks down behind the steering wheel and floors it, running me down in the process. Civilian responses to carjacking seem more varied here in GTA V. In a few cases simply wrenching the door open is enough for the occupant to get out of his or her car in fear, without you raising a further finger. I appropriate a shiny red, El Camino-style pick-up and proceed to hurl it around the streets. It handles noticeably differently from the high-powered supercar; potent but heftier. The pick-up doesn’t stick to the road quite as tenaciously but it’s simple to tame and throw about.

I know this is ign... but it still weirds me out that this preview reads like the guy is typing this out with one hand, while masturbating furiously with his other.

I guess 10.0 from ign is already a given.

man how are these stuff possible on ps3 360 ?

Just don't be too excited about the framerate and resolution lol.

Man, it's going to annoy me hearing console owners jizz all over this when it comes out. I'm actually thinking of getting a second-hand Xbox or PS3 just so I can play the damn thing before this time next year.

GenericUser

People, what were you expecting? It is IGN! I'm happy about every tiny bit of information I can get about GTA5. Even if it was just for the few tiny screens.

I have read the same overhyped articles before GTAIV came out. Today IV is considered as one of the worst in the series.

So... let's wait.

Muffdraul

I have read the same overhyped articles before GTAIV came out. Today IV is considered as one of the worst in the series.

So... let's wait.

IV is my favorite, totally lived up to the hype in my view. So, I am whipping off to this article NOW. No waiting for me. Sounds... indescribable. Except, he's describing it quite well!

Palehorse

So hyped for this game. Rockstar have done a great job of fixing everything I hated about IV. Welcome back GTA, you have been missed.

Page 1 and the end of Page 4 is the only thing people should read if they do not want to get spoiled. I read the first sentence on Page 2 and immediately skipped the entire page.

deli2000

Exclusive hands on?

I bet the review will totally be unbiased and full of objective, constructive criticism.

Yes, because that's what we were all expecting and looking for. Not the screens or tidbits of info.

Well done for your new original opinion.

Papytendo

Respawning at the nearest hospital, it’s daylight and I’m struck at just how much brighter GTA V is than GTA IV. The harsh, San Andreas sunshine lends vehicles a dazzling gleam, casts sharp shadows, and gives the whole environment a brilliant, suitably over-exposed summertime feel. Aesthetically, Los Santos stands in stark contrast to the somewhat washed-out bleakness of Liberty City.
my body

Pachimari

I jog out onto the road and train a pistol at the first driver I obstruct, assuming he’ll abandon his car. He does not; he slinks down behind the steering wheel and floors it, running me down in the process.

This bit sounds cool, really like what I'm reading.

From the article:

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One may be arriving in November but GTA V is already poised to upstage the pair of them. With respect to the many tremendously exciting games headed to PS4 and Xbox One later this year, GTA V already feels like a potent reminder that ambition, confidence and, above all, gameplay beats a brand new box of chips and wires every time.

Never mind November; I suspect the next generation will start when GTA V says it is does.

Hope this isn´t hyperbole, i expect GTA V to really blow my socks off.

nkarafo

Nice. They tried the 360 version and said it runs also very fluent without any stutter and looks way better than GTAIV + they've only seen pop-ins a very few times.

Edit: there's some amount of aliasing though.
So, smooth 30fps confirmed?

Top Bottom