• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have 9 Bitcoins, should I sell?

Hi GAF, how's everyone doing today?

I'm sure there are a few cryptocurrency followers here and I was hoping to gauge opinions and get some feedback on if now is a good time to sell my bitcoins?

The price is a staggering £4000 per bticoin, which would mean a significant profit if I were to sell now. I've had them in my Ledger for a while now and today seems a good day to sell, but there's potential for the price to ho higher.

So should I sell now or continue to hold onto them? I know the price is very erratic and could drop £100s of pounds in just a few hours.

Tagyhag

Uhh I'd sell. That's an insane amount of money and I'd just invest the money in something less volatile lol.

androvsky

image.php

Couldn't resist.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yes, if it does go up anymore it will be marginal IMO.

Sell now while the price is so insanely high.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
"GAF I have the ability to make upwards of 36,000 English monies with little effort. Should I go for it??!?"

GAF, man.

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
I don't know much about bitcoins but why not sell until what you are comfortable with taking a risk on if the price keeps rising?

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
That's like $75,000.

I would literally kill someone for that kind of money.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
OP already knows the answer to the question. He just wanted to brag about having 9 bitcoins.

yeah selling half sounds like a good idea

edit: also post some proof of the transaction here after you are done because thats crazy yo

Entropia

No One Remembers
You can only do with what you know at this time. If you feel you need the money - I'd sell them. If you're comfortable, keep them.

Personally knowing the volatility of them - I'd sell 5 and keep 4 in case their value increases.

TyrantII

I'd sell.

Bitcoin is digital commodity and there's huge players in the game, and they're pumping and dumping the market to cash out their long term holdings. You should to.

Especially if you bought in cheap years ago.

prophetvx

A single bitcoin could be worth $500,000 within 10 years, or it could be worth $0.

The market is so volatile, ultimately whatever you do is a gamble. Personally, I'd sell half and diversify. The current growth is unsustainable, there will be a significant dip at some point in the next 3-6 months, so you can buy back in.

Top Bottom