• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon no longer selling Versus XIII?

Exentryk

EDIT - UPDATE:
Amazon has modified the Versus XIII page again. Now says "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available". It is not directing to other sellers now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZK9QBY

ORIGINAL:

It appears that Amazon is no longer selling Final Fantasy Versus XIII directly, and is now only pointing to other sellers. Amazon was selling it a few days ago.

Here is the current page, and here is one from 9th Oct, 2012. The Japanese page is also the same, i.e., pointing to other sellers. Also notable is that Lightning Returns is still available for preorder.

Could it be that they are preparing for some changes at E3?

PxxAn2F.png

GXp7AG8.png

That's because Versus is actually Kingdom Hearts 3.

All we've seen o far was just a SquareEnix world before they get invaded by the heartless and Donald Duck joins them.

Juice

I never knew much about Versus. What about it had GAF so excited about it?

I suspect there's nothing special about it and people are just transferring their hopes to the new FF game?

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Oh shit, Versus is now XV, PS4 exclusive.
Why are people expecting this exactly?

The PS4 may be a great console, but so far it has sold 0 units; it would be suicide moving it exclusively to an unproven console.

Cross generational or PS3 only (or PS3/360/WiiU or something), because they would loose millions of sales (unless they plan to release it on 2015, lol). It would also gain a lot of backslash, since this game has been promised to PS3 owners since it's first E3 IIRC.

Also they would need a lot of extra development time and resources, and based on S-E recent spectacular results, I'm sure they are planning tons of exclusive titles to unreleased consoles.
I never knew much about Versus. What about it had GAF so excited about it?

I suspect there's nothing special about it and people are just transferring their hopes to the new FF game?
It looked like Xenoblade Chronicles *runs away*.
Looks like open world FF, huge world, not straight line, etc. Characters looked really shitty though.

Did we get the usual "Versus won't be at E3" comment from SquareEnix yet?
No closed door showings, no "Versus won't be at E3", no "Please wait some more for Versus infos", no nothing.

PLEASE BE EXCITED

The PS4 may be a great console, but so far it has sold 0 units; it would be suicide moving it exclusively to an unproven console.

Cross generational or PS3 only (or PS3/360/WiiU or something), because they would loose millions of sales (unless they plan to release it on 2015, lol). It would also gain a lot of backslash, since this game has been promised to PS3 owners since it's first E3 IIRC.

Also they would need a lot of extra development time and resources, and based on S-E recent spectacular results, I'm sure they are planning tons of exclusive titles to unreleased consoles.
Most rumors point it as being exclusive because Sony is helping fund it.

Think Bayonetta 2.

Kyoufu

Is this your first console transition?

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
No closed door showings, no "Versus won't be at E3", no "Please wait some more for Versus infos", no nothing.

PLEASE BE EXCITED

Most rumors point it as being exclusive because Sony is helping fund it.

Think Bayonetta 2.
Yes, but not even Sony is making this moves (with TLOU and GT6 PS3 only, not even cross generation); and FF is not Bayonetta, FF games sell 20 times more. There is no goodwill to be won by S-E making it PS4 exclusive, they would loose millions of sales, and I really don't think Sony can affor dthis kind of money-hat (nobody can).

RPGamer92

Banned
Yes, but not even Sony is making this moves (with TLOU and GT6 PS3 only, not even cross generation); and FF is not Bayonetta, FF games sell 20 times more. There is no goodwill to be won by S-E making it PS4 exclusive, they would loose millions of sales, and I really don't think Sony can affor dthis kind of money-hat (nobody can).
Did SE really make that much money on the sales of FFXIII 360 and their other JRPGs for it though?

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Did SE really make that much money on the sales of FFXIII 360 and their other JRPGs for it though?
I don't think they made a lot, since FFXIII-II and III were exclusives, but I don't see how can they make money making it an early PS4 exclusive. FF is a multi million selling franchise and it's very front loaded, making it PS4 exclusive means lost sales, millions of them.

Kyoufu

Then this shouldn't be a surprise to you. Games are moved onto next gen platforms for whatever reason. PS4 install base won't be a concern if the game launches winter of 2014 and Final Fantasy is a system seller.

People bought PS3s for Versus :lol

Like me. :(

legacyzero

Banned
Then this shouldn't be a surprise to you. Games are moved onto next gen platforms for whatever reason. PS4 install base won't be a concern if the game launches winter of 2014 and Final Fantasy is a system seller.

People bought PS3s for Versus :lol

Like me. :(

Don't say 2014 :((

And dont feel bad, I bought a PS3 in preparation for FFXIII. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER.

Loris146

I don't think they made a lot, since FFXIII-II and III were exclusives, but I don't see how can they make money making it an early PS4 exclusive. FF is a multi million selling franchise and it's very front loaded, making it PS4 exclusive means lost sales, millions of them.

FF VII was PS1 esclusive and sold very well, more than FF XIII. So we will see.

Top Bottom