• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
HD on Apple

Stream - Download (thanks blackmamba)

prometheus_2-620x263.png

Starring Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Idris Elba, Logan Marshall-Green, Sean Harris, Guy Pearce, Kate Dickie, Rafe Spall, Benedict Wong, Emun Elliott, and Patrick Wilson, Prometheus opens on June 8th.

prometheus_1-620x260.png

Synopsis:

Ridley Scott, director of “Alien” and “Blade Runner,” returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

promethesus-movie-poster-teaser-011-620x918.jpg

andycapps

Just so I'm ready, I want to watch it in HD as well but don't want to install Quicktime. Will VLC play a MOV file? I already have that. Other options if not?

Solo

Ridley just crushed the JJ Abrams' (and I loved ST2009 and am looking very much forward to ST2) of the world right here.

Replicant

Already watched it in SD (iPhone). Now I just need the HD to download and Youtube to show off to my friends.

So that humanoid is the Space Jockey? It's clearly not a regular human, unless it's just a different species we encounter in the film. Interesting.

But then there's another screenshot where the main characters are dissecting what looks to be the Space Jockey head, with the design we're more familiar with.

In the screenshot above, it's the same sort of thing we saw in Alien but without the actual Jockey, which seems to be the perfect fit for the dudebro on the right of the screen.

I did see a mention that maybe the Jockeys wear suits themselves, which give them that big alien elephant trunk face.

I dunno. :lol Shit's gonna be tight yo.

Yeah, I'm guessing those are the Space Jockey(s). Which is why I'm a bit concerned. In Alien, the Space Jockey is gigantic, their size and stature are giant-like. Almost Godzilla-sized. I know they used children but it doesn't matter because that's the scale they were aiming for. But in the trailer, they look like those bald Aliens from "Dark City". Just slightly taller than normal humans.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Pitch perfect trailer. The master returns to his throne.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
can you imagine how many minds would be blown if we had a Signourney Weaver cameo?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Looks fantastic, hope its awesome, but I'm a terrible person for reading the summary and thinking "huh...is that the plot to the next Mass Effect?"

the music in the final film is absolutely critical to me. I trust Ridley will expect something creepy and somber out of Whatever-His-Name-Is.

...also, the scene with the figure jumping towards the person in the space suit is confusing. I've only watched it in the GIF form up top, but the figure seems CG to me. Also, why doesn't the figure have a space helmet on?
I love the mysteries. :D

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This looks pretty good. I was distracted by the text through the entire trailer, though.

Solo

how do they even compare, seriously? the hell...

Not the films, the directors. And notice where I placed my apostrophe - after Abrams. I was trying to say that Ridley just destroyed the work of the lesser directors who have been fiddling in the genre recently.

Flo_Evans

Already watched it in SD (iPhone). Now I just need the HD to download and Youtube to show off to my friends.

Yeah, I'm guessing those are the Space Jockey. Which is why I'm a bit concerned. In Alien, the Space Jockey is gigantic, their size and stature are giant-like. Almost Godzilla-sized. I know they used children but it doesn't matter because that's the scale they were aiming for. But in the trailer, they look like those bald Aliens from "Dark City". Just slightly taller than normal humans.

It was always my theory that the space jockey was like a alligator, they never stop growing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Damn... it looked awesome.
HYPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom