• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

GafOpen_Gif.gif

06-Titles_HonorRoll.jpg

• Click the image to view the entire DGAF Grimoire Archives!

06-Titles_CommunityService.jpg

01-Titles_General.jpg

Destiny Gaf's own
occassionally released
podcast, the Mythocast:

03-Titles_TipsTricks.jpg

04-Titles_WallShame.jpg
w19oQAm.png

Annimation1.gif

GL-19.jpg

• Unlock all Achievements, then PM Lnkn52 to be added to the list! Send a PM here.

05-Titles_TLW.jpg

GhaleonEB

I took out the bit about Star Wars spoilers. That goes without saying, but I strongly discourage even Star Wars discussion at this point. There is an entire OT forum dedicated to Star Wars, currently. :p

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Bringing this over from the other thread...

Thanks so much Drizzay for all the hard work you putting in
👌👌👍💯💯

One thing watching a lot of lets play Destiny videos, this Light Level median thing is really horse shit when RNG isn't the catalyst to push you forward

Saw a dudes stream for them to go 9-0 in ToO and get like a 312 weapon, yet they were 317 or 318 I forget
What is the fucking point?
Your LL should be your plateau line
All drops that are really necessary, say NF/Raid should account for this

If you're 315 if you do Raid drops should correlate to NM version as 310 for those drops, HM 316-320 drops, CM Guaranteed 320 drops
I seriously think they aren't doing this right

Also I'm sorry to say but this game needs to be infused with drops that are structured and whenever they push the LL up the old stuff should become streamlined

That's why a lot of the game becomes useless
VoG, CE, PoE all 3 could streamline gear content to tier based increase to reach KF

Now most just try to hit 40; brute force drops from certain aspects, reach certain earmark LL and then get carried, pray to RNGesus, then continue up the chain

How crazy would it be that if they bring back the old raids with a few twists and mechanics
They add say +10 to LL but the gauntlet of doing VoG to KF is more guaranteed and tier based
Good luck doing KF extreme at 320; not until your at least 327+
You can try to brute force or see if cheese method, but you're at a huge disadvantage
Do VoG to go up to 323+; CE to 325+; PoE to 327
Then KF bring you to 330
The entry is 315-320

I'm trying to say make the game more streamlined, guaranteed drops that always push forward
So even in a months time people are progressing (keyword)
Also FUCK that stupid regressive LL bullshit
They need to add a new category or input code where if a player reached a max LL they're not penalized
If your highest is 315 and you drop to 308 to try a gun or gunsmith package or w/e reason, the game should hold your highest LL always
Put it in parentheses for FUCK SAKES

308 (315) is that so hard?; if they jump back up to 315, the parentheses go away or the stay!
315 (315)
So a person doesn't have to worry switching out a weapon they might like to use and level up and get penalized cause RNG pissed a shitty regressive # on the gun

E92 M3

Bringing this over from the other thread...

Thanks so much Drizzay for all the hard work you putting in
👌👌👍💯💯

One thing watching a lot of lets play Destiny videos, this Light Level median thing is really horse shit when RNG isn't the catalyst to push you forward

Saw a dudes stream for them to go 9-0 in ToO and get like a 312 weapon, yet they were 317 or 318 I forget
What is the fucking point?
Your LL should be your plateau line
All drops that are really necessary, say NF/Raid should account for this

If you're 315 if you do Raid drops should correlate to NM version as 310 for those drops, HM 316-320 drops, CM Guaranteed 320 drops
I seriously think they aren't doing this right

Also I'm sorry to say but this game needs to be infused with drops that are structured and whenever they push the LL up the old stuff should become streamlined

That's why a lot of the game becomes useless
VoG, CE, PoE all 3 could streamline gear content to tier based increase to reach KF

Now most just try to hit 40; brute force drops from certain aspects, reach certain earmark LL and then get carried, pray to RNGesus, then continue up the chain

How crazy would it be that if they bring back the old raids with a few twists and mechanics
They add say +10 to LL but the gauntlet of doing VoG to KF is more guaranteed and tier based
Good luck doing KF extreme at 320; not until your at least 327+
You can try to brute force or see if cheese method, but you're at a huge disadvantage
Do VoG to go up to 323+; CE to 325+; PoE to 327
Then KF bring you to 330
The entry is 315-320

I'm trying to say make the game more streamlined, guaranteed drops that always push forward
So even in a months time people are progressing (keyword)
Also FUCK that stupid regressive LL bullshit
They need to add a new category or input code where if a player reached a max LL they're not penalized
If your highest is 315 and you drop to 308 to try a gun or gunsmith package or w/e reason, the game should hold your highest LL always
Put it in parentheses for FUCK SAKES

308 (315) is that so hard?; if they jump back up to 315, the parentheses go away or the stay!
315 (315)
So a person doesn't have to worry switching out a weapon they might like to use and level up and get penalized cause RNG pissed a shitty regressive # on the gun

Parantheses is a good a idea actually. It would really open up the game.

WipedOut

Won 3 out of my first 4 PSN SLR races. Gotta be some MM going on. Level 32 already, SLR bounties are great to level up a new alt. Already have a 285 helm for it.

Parantheses is a good a idea actually. It would really open up the game.
Is he saying once you get a certain light level, you stay at that power even after you switch weapons? Is your actual power the number shown in parentheses? If so, welcome back thorn matador, enjoy your stay.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
To celebrate a new thread comes a new scarf.
6qu16KQ.png

Will be up for a run of totems to sisters later on. And also trials.

Good job on helping out Grave Driz. You are the face of DGAF. I told the Illuminati so.

E92 M3

Is he saying once you get a certain light level, you stay at that power even after you switch weapons? Is your actual power the number shown in parentheses? If so, welcome back thorn matador, enjoy your stay.

If it would at least has a visual indication of your level it would be great.

Spizz

Banned
Great OT, I'll be playing SRL for most of the weekend. Looking to hit rank 3 either tonight or tomorrow, then farm for a 320 helm and cloak.

If it would at least has a visual indication of your level it would be great.
I'm still not following. Is the point that your power doesn't change when switching gear, or that displaying the highest light achieved is purely cosmetic? If it's the second, then light becomes absolutely meaningless since the light of your equipped gear doesn't have any effect. Year 2 ghorn would be back.

Deku Tree

GG Soss on the grimoire.
Now I gotta try to dig up the gifs of that slide shotgun.

I took out the bit about Star Wars spoilers. That goes without saying, but I strongly discourage even Star Wars discussion at this point. There is an entire OT forum dedicated to Star Wars, currently. :p

Thx. No SW spoilers plz.

In crappier news, I've noticed the job I applied for at Bungie is no longer listed on their Careers page.

:(

Oh well, I'll try again later when something similar opens up.

E92 M3

I'm still not following. Is the point that your power doesn't change when switching gear, or that displaying the highest light achieved is purely cosmetic? If it's the second, then light becomes absolutely meaningless since the light of your equipped gear doesn't have any effect. Year 2 ghorn would be back.

The number in parentheses is the theoretical high, the actual light level is determined by the gear.

ocean

Banned
Game of Thorns. Everybody is out there racing and I'm just here finally enjoying Crucible again.

Can't wait for IB so getting a Train together is a bit easier :)

I swear the sparrows that are bought with silver are far more capable at bumping you all over the track yet they dont budge when i want retaliation.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Game of Thorns. Everybody is out there racing and I'm just here finally enjoying Crucible again.

Can't wait for IB so getting a Train together is a bit easier :)
Agreed. Iron Banner is all I have to look forward to in Destiny these days, and that's sad really.

Shiv47

There any good summation of the Oryx CM on YouTube or what have you? Been gone since Tuesday and still need to run it.

Top Bottom