• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Season's Beatings: Summer Slam

ismk

bg.png

Live from Columbus, Ohio. Team Spooky and Medina4lyfe will be this Godlike event.

SPONSORS
Clockwork Technology PCs
Brokentier apparel
Hori USA
MadCatz
Bryan’s Video Trader
Arcade Legacy
DaRabidDuckie Modding
TwitchTV
Console Combat

GAMES
Super Street Fighter IV: AE 2012
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
King of Fighters XIII
Street Fighter x Tekken
Mortal Kombat 9
Soul Calibur V

RULES
All games will have standard EVO rules except for UMVC3 which will be 3/5.

PLAYERS
WW.MCZ Laugh
WW.MCZ Infiltration
Evil Geniuses|Ricky Ortiz
PR Balrog
Complexity Live.CrossCounter Mike Ross
Complexity Live.CrossCounter ComboFiend
Brokentier Viscant
Brokentier Dieminion
Brokentier IFC Yipes
TFA|Razer BananaKen
CoCo|OmgItzAndre
UVG|Noel Brown
Damdai
m2dave

STEAMS
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
http://www.twitch.tv/medina4life

SCHEDULE
All times will be in EDT (-5 hours GMT)

SATURDAY
11:00 AM – SSFIV (Pools 1 – 2), Soul Calibur V
2:00 PM – SSFIV (Pools 3 – 4), Super Turbo Qual #1
3:00 PM – MK9
5:00 PM – UMvC3 (Pool 1 – 2)
8:00 PM – UMvC3 (Pool 3 – 4), Super Turbo Qual #2

SUNDAY
10:00 AM – Soul Calibur V Top 4
12:00 PM – Mortal Kombat Exhibition
2:00 PM – Street Fighter x Tekken Top 4
3:00 PM – KoFXIII Top 4
Break
6:00 PM – SSFIV Top 8
8:00 PM – UMvC3 Top 8

This is my first thread so if there are any errors, please correct me.

thanks ismk!

Seems there will be some cross promotion between Spooky and Digicrates this weekend:

Hello everyone! We've had great feedback about our music featured on Sp00ky's stream. We're glad to announce a newly released album called "DigiCrates & Team Spooky Present: Beat Fighter vol. 1". It features the track by Alan de Laniere that everyone's been looking for "How To Calm Down After a Fight". More music will be premiered on the stream during Season's Beating this weekend. You can buy the album at:

http://digicrates.bandcamp.com/

And check out our other sites:

http://www.digicrates.com/
www.youtube.com/user/DigiCratesRecords
www.twitter.com/digicrates
www.facebook.com/digicrates

if you guys like the music spooky plays this weekend, here's where to get it

ismk

Mods, please change the thread name to Season's Beatings: Summer Slam | Fighting Game Tournament | May 5-6

ismk

He didn't declare which steam he's using? I thought he was going with twitch now. Even though he had a bunch of problems Wednesday

I think Spooky will be using Twitch as well but I put Own3D just in case. When Spooky goes live, I'll edit accordingly.

EDIT: Spooky is live and is using Twitch.

I tried to put it subtly before, but the OP has STEAM instead of STREAM. I don't really care, someone might.

I also may not be in on the joke if there is one.

Is there any word on streaming ST? Are there any good players there? I think Damdai lives in NY or New England.

Azure J

Switches on the stream
Makoto vs. Guile
Gets hype seeing a Makoto go at it
The Makoto choke and get bodied by Guile

How wonderful is that for the first thing I see on stream? :lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
9lwmt.jpg

I made this a month ago when I heard it was going to be called Summer Slam. Some people I put aren't going to be there but eh, I like it.

Wow, Spooky's back on twitch? What's the story behind that? Is he getting major esports dolla now? I picked a terrible Big Two to miss.

Does anyone know what the ST Quals are for? Is this for the Tournament of Champions that Kuroppi is running? Since Damdai already qualified I wonder who will be playing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Definitely gets priority viewing this weekend. Though I'll be out watching Avengers during pools today =[

Busaiku

I think I heard something about this event having caps on entrants, which would explain the early Winner's Finals of the pool.

Man, Banana Ken and this other guy are commentate like librarians lol. I'm enjoying the early AE matches, but man they could try to sound a little more energetic.

What's the cap for this tournament anyways? Seeing winners finals of a pool at noon feels so odd.

Haunted

Sorry Shadowloo Showdown, looks like this is my e-sports event for the weekend.

Wow, Spooky's back on twitch? What's the story behind that? Is he getting major esports dolla now? I picked a terrible Big Two to miss.
I'm fine with that, the archiving on owned is so much worse.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is anyone else having issues with the stream sound? Maybe its my headkrone... :(

Top Bottom