• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you deposit Money Orders at an ATM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vieo

OK, so I sold a copy of Ikaruga I had knocking around to some dude and the weirdo pays me by Money Order. I've dealt with Money Orders in the past, but 9 out of 10 times it's a brutal wait on the line at the post office in my area, not to mention the bad looks I get from the clerks.

I've got an account through Citibank and one of their ATM spots is just a stone's throw away. So I was wondering if you could deposit Money Orders at an ATM. I've tried it already with regular checks and cash, and had no problems. It sure as hell would beat standing on line almost 30 minutes. (hands down, worst post office in the world)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Vieo said:
OK, so I sold a copy of Ikaruga I had knocking around to some dude and the weirdo pays me by Money Order. I've dealt with Money Orders in the past, but 9 out of 10 times it's a brutal wait on the line at the post office in my area, not to mention the bad looks I get from the clerks.

I've got an account through Citibank and one of their ATM spots is just a stone's throw away. So I was wondering if you could deposit Money Orders at an ATM. I've tried it already with regular checks and cash, and had no problems. It sure as hell would beat standing on line almost 30 minutes. (hands down, worst post office in the world)

Call your bank and check, some will accept money orders via ATM deposit.

Darias

Yes, of course you can. A money order is just a check written by a company that banks and people tend to trust more than others. Namely, the U.S. Postal Service. It still has a routing, account, and item number, and exists in the ACH system.

Deposit it as you would a check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom