• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost-Age: What have you experienced that freaked you out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen some weird shit happen, like the time our ceiling fan kept turning on by itself. The type where you have to pull down on the cord to turn it on and off. My dad would pull it to turn it off, and a minute or so later the fan would turn back on. ANd the cord would shake. Hard. It stopped after a few times.

This was soon after my Grandma and Grandpa passed six months apart.

My best friend though had a great couple of stories. He does'nt believe in ghosts or God, or anything like that. But he has no idea how to explain that a couple of times he spent the night at a friends house when he was about thirteen or so, when everyone was asleep, him and his friend heard people walking in the hall outside the room. My friend slept on the floor in a sleeping bag, and his friend was in his bed. A few times, my friend felt someone 'step' on the bag. There was also a keyboard on the floor and something kept hitting the keys.
Freaked him the hell out. But the scariest thing was they used a Quija board one time (during the day), and the fridge opened up hard by itself and food fell onto the floor. They hightailed it out of the house and ran down the street.

I've know my friend for twenty years now, and he is one of the most honest guys I've ever know. And after all these years he still can remember exactly how it all went down, and you can tell he is a bit freaked when he talks about it.

So, GAF anyone got a ghost story?

Edit: Bumped for Halloween!

OCTOBER, 2013-That time of year to bump this thread! If you are new around here, or new to this thread, I highly encourage you to read the entire thing! Preferably alone in the dark....muahahahaha!! And please share any stories you may have. Thanks!

me and my friends used to be big into "ghost hunting" cause his house was hanted. one day i was staying the night and we were down in the back stairway/basement recording. it was 2:50 am. my friend said "come on man, i don't feel right, lets go upstairs" and i said "well, lets go up at 3:00..ten more minutes." he shuddered and said "no, we have to go right now" so i said fine, we went upstairs, and i started listening through the tape. at the moment i said "ten more minutes" the camera went blurry like it was trying to focus for a split second and there was a voice as clear as day that said "in ten minutes, you're dead". then you hear my friend say "no" and we go upstairs.

edit: of course when i tell people about this, noone believes me, because I don't have the tape. my friend found religion like almost immediately after and destroied all the recordings we had done.

same house a different time, i was sitting on the enclosed back porch while he was on the phone. it was at night. i happened to look up in the window on the doorway and there was a guy there just staring at me. i quickly put my head down, stood up, and RAN out of there. I described the face to my friend, and he said hold on. went and got a picture, it was the same guy. turns out it was his uncle who had died in the house. he was a real asshole, had molested my friends sister and all sorts of shit.

different house - my parents had bought a house in Hannibal, MO. I was living there for a little while, and in my room, every night you could feel the bed move, like someone was sitting down on the end of it and fidgeting around. i had left the house for a time and one of the previous owners happened to come by to take a look around. he said he was a kid when he lived there, and that his bed would always shake around. my parents asked him which room was his, and without hesitation, he pointed to mine. there are also stories of a guy dressed up in a confederate civil war uniform standing on the top of the stairs that people had seen. the house used to own to some guy that had a bunch of slaves chained up in the attic, where some had died.

starblade

Nothing outright supernatural for me, but every once in awhile during sleep, I become afflicted with this weird scenario:

It always starts with a nightmare. Nothing reoccuring nor consonant, just the theme of a nightmare. Then at the tail-end of the nightmare, I'll find myself overwhelmed with this extreme sense of fear and apprehension just as I'm trapped in place in the dream ( in the last one, an appartion of a witch was holding me in place with this incantation).

Then at that moment, I'll wake up except I can't move...anything. My eyes are open, I have mental faculty, but I can't do anything else and the only sounds I can muster are mumbling groans of help. This will carry on for what feels like a few minutes (although realistically it'll last mere seconds) and I finally get my articulation back.

It's like sleep paralysis, except for that fucking creepy part of it always being associated with a nightmare and the whole time this is playing out it feels like a presence is there waiting too pounce.

...fuck, I don't want to go to sleep tonight.

starblade said:
Nothing outright supernatural for me, but every once in awhile during sleep, I become afflicted with this weird scenario:

It always starts with a nightmare. Nothing reoccuring nor consonant, just the theme of a nightmare. Then at the tail-end of the nightmare, I'll find myself overwhelmed with this extreme sense of fear and apprehension just as I'm trapped in place in the dream ( in the last one, an appartion of a witch was holding me in place with this incantation).

Then at that moment, I'll wake up except I can't move...anything. My eyes are open, I have mental faculty, but I can't do anything else and the only sounds I can muster are mumbling groans of help. This will carry on for what feels like a few minutes (although realistically it'll last mere seconds) and I finally get my articulation back.

It's like sleep paralysis, except for that fucking creepy part of it always being associated with a nightmare and the whole time this is playing out it feels like a presence is there waiting too pounce.

...fuck, I don't want to go to sleep tonight.

i get that too. i dunno if it's related to nightmares or not (i usually don't remember my dreams) but i always feel TERRIFIED, like there is someone just outside of my field of vision. i can feel them there, but i can't move my head to see. from what i've read this is a common thing with sleep paralysis though

JodyAnthony said:
me and my friends used to be big into "ghost hunting" cause his house was hanted. one day i was staying the night and we were down in the back stairway/basement recording. it was 2:50 am. my friend said "come on man, i don't feel right, lets go upstairs" and i said "well, lets go up at 3:00..ten more minutes." he shuddered and said "no, we have to go right now" so i said fine, we went upstairs, and i started listening through the tape. at the moment i said "ten more minutes" the camera went blurry like it was trying to focus for a split second and there was a voice as clear as day that said "in ten minutes, you're dead". then you hear my friend say "no" and we go upstairs.

edit: of course when i tell people about this, noone believes me, because I don't have the tape. my friend found religion like almost immediately after and destroied all the recordings we had done.

same house a different time, i was sitting on the enclosed back porch while he was on the phone. it was at night. i happened to look up in the window on the doorway and there was a guy there just staring at me. i quickly put my head down, stood up, and RAN out of there. I described the face to my friend, and he said hold on. went and got a picture, it was the same guy. turns out it was his uncle who had died in the house. he was a real asshole, had molested my friends sister and all sorts of shit.

different house - my parents had bought a house in Hannibal, MO. I was living there for a little while, and in my room, every night you could feel the bed move, like someone was sitting down on the end of it and fidgeting around. i had left the house for a time and one of the previous owners happened to come by to take a look around. he said he was a kid when he lived there, and that his bed would always shake around. my parents asked him which room was his, and without hesitation, he pointed to mine. there are also stories of a guy dressed up in a confederate civil war uniform standing on the top of the stairs that people had seen. the house used to own to some guy that had a bunch of slaves chained up in the attic, where some had died.
woah...you better not be joking.

JodyAnthony said:
i get that too. i dunno if it's related to nightmares or not (i usually don't remember my dreams) but i always feel TERRIFIED, like there is someone just outside of my field of vision. i can feel them there, but i can't move my head to see. from what i've read this is a common thing with sleep paralysis though
I've seen a ghost when I had sleep paralysis..he came up next to me and stabbed me, I felt the pain, but I woke up after that.

Everytime I see my grandfather (RIP) in my dream I wake up to sleep paralysis in terror. :/

JodyAnthony said:
Not at all. i know people never believe me, but it doesn't matter to me. I know what I have seen/heard. that's all that matters to me.

there are a lot of quacks and a lot of bullshit out there that people spread, but i KNOW there is something after life, and nothing will ever change my mind after those experiences.
I believe you dude. I've run into ghosts my self (look at my post^^). It's definitely frightening. :/

TrueReligion said:
woah...you better not be joking.

Not at all. i know people never believe me, but it doesn't matter to me. I know what I have seen/heard. that's all that matters to me.

there are a lot of quacks and a lot of bullshit out there that people spread, but i KNOW there is something after life, and nothing will ever change my mind after those experiences.

Shorty

Banned
THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

srsly this thread already managed to scare the crap out of me. right before going to bed... :-(

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
2qnwi76.jpg

Highly recommended read for anyone looking for real, frightening experiences with...strange stuff...told by people that have nothing to gain by lying about it.

It was especially freaky for me, considering I live about five minutes away from this neighborhood.

According to my parents, we lived in a haunted house when I was around 1 or 2 years old. They told me stories of hearing strange whispering, blood dripping from the kitchen ceiling, something grabbing my Mom's ankle when she was walking up the basement stairs, and the pipes would shake violently at night. Supposedly one night when the pipes were worse than ever, my folks said "fuck this", pulled me out of my crib, and we hightailed it out there, never to return (except to retrieve personal effects, of course).

JodyAnthony said:

Wow, man. If that's true then that's some fucked up shit. Good thing your friend insisted you leave, eh?

starblade

JodyAnthony said:

All of this PLUS sleep paralysis? Man, I'd better stop bitching...

True Religion: Yeah, I've had a few encounters where there was seemingly some pain involved, but it dissipates when the constrictions end. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having that problem though.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
super-heated plasma said:
Wow, man. If that's true then that's some fucked up shit. Good thing your friend insisted you leave, eh?

More like good thing his friend destroyed the evidence. Funny how that tends to happen.

MattKeil said:
More like good thing his friend destroyed the evidence. Funny how that tends to happen.

Well from just what i experienced there, i don't blame him for becoming psycho jesus crazy.

his dad had died, too, so it was just him and his mom living there, they had a little dog that would always sit right outside the kitchen door, staring onto that back porch area, barking and growling.

I believe in God, and experiencing those events you claim you did probably would turn me from just a believer into someone who practically lives at church, so I can understand your friend doing that.

Dolphin

Banned
I've had a couple really scary bouts of sleep paralysis--they can feel supernatural. But no encounters. Could be because I don't believe in ghosts--or anything else supernatural for that matter.

Dolphin said:
I've had a couple really scary bouts of sleep paralysis--they can feel supernatural. But no encounters. Could be because I don't believe in ghosts--or anything else supernatural for that matter.

I've had some freaky dreams but was never paralyzed thankfully. But I know someone who claimed there was a demon in his room and he was paralyzed. But he smoked teh pot so who knows. :p

Triz

I live in the house my grandfather passed in. One day while feeding my baby I was overcome with the scent of his aftershave. Blew my mind, I think he just wanted to see his granddaughter.

Havent had anything happen since.

Triz said:
I live in the house my grandfather passed in. One day while feeding my baby I was overcome with the scent of his aftershave. Blew my mind, I think he just wanted to see his granddaughter.

Havent had anything happen since.

Thats funny. My mom and my uncle smelled cigarette smoke shortly after my other grandma passed in my parents house when they were watching TV. My grandma was a heavy smoker. They also swear they heard someone cough from the hallway the way my grandma used to, but they were the only ones in the house.

wow, my own thread is starting to creep me out. lol.

starblade

Dolphin said:
I've had a couple really scary bouts of sleep paralysis--they can feel supernatural.

Exactly, this is how my experiences are. Scary to the point of instillng this overwhelming dread within you. Scary as hell when if it happens to you. Luckily they aren't too common for me.

starblade said:
Exactly, this is how my experiences are. Scary to the point of instillng this overwhelming dread within you. Scary as hell when if it happens to you. Luckily they aren't too common for me.
Yeah, man. They suck. I used to have them every night for 6 months.

TrueReligion said:
Yeah, man. They suck. I used to have them every night for 6 months.

I get them just about every time i fall asleep on my back. thats why i always end up falling asleep on my side or stomach. or maybe they happen when i fall asleep on my back because i've convinced myself that they do, i dunno.

JodyAnthony said:
I get them just about every time i fall asleep on my back. thats why i always end up falling asleep on my side or stomach. or maybe they happen when i fall asleep on my back because i've convinced myself that they do, i dunno.
I used to do that thinking they would stop...but they didn't. I started getting paralysis sleeping on my stomach, and I would almost suffocate because my face would be on the pillow.

Me personally, I haven't seen anything (wish I had though), my cousin has experienced freaky shit.

Well, 3 of them (all girls) were in my bedroom one night when we were younger, my parents were having a party at our place, and because the girls weren't enjoying themselves, they plonked themselves in my room just for general girl chat.

Then one noticed a BRICK float past the window. Just a random brick. She kinda tried to ignore it, but she gets freaked out real easily. About 2 minutes later, a white sleeve (like one from a jumper) then floated past, and this point she yelped and the other 2 girls (whose backs were to the window) asked her what the hell happened. She described the floating objects, and then all 3 started watching the window. After a couple of minutes, a black balaclava floated past, but it looked full, like someone was wearing it. And then all 3 items came together in appropriate order and or positioning. The balaclava at the top, with the sleeve to the right and a bit lower, with the bick looking like it was being held by the sleeve.

The girls fucken FREAKED, and ran into tthe main room SCREAMING their heads off!!!! They described what happened to everyone and of course no one believed them.

To this day, like 15 years later (we're all nearly 30 now) they stick to their story.

I also held a sort of dodgy seance (is that how you spell it?). But it freaked me out because the pen really felt like it wasn't being moved by any of us. And to test it was legit, we all asked a question in our heads.

So I asked in my head...."What's my grandfathers name?" The pen proceeded to move around randomly, and then spell out the name J I M. I fucken freaked and my friends asked what I had asked. After I told them, they all lost the plot.

Pretty creepy.

Not happened to me directly, but I was there when it happened.

A group of us sitting in my friends living room playing Xbox (Halo, nothing scary) and everyone's having a old good time, there's a couple of lamps on but for the most part the room is dark save for the screen glare, he lives alone too so there's no one about in the house, but he likes to keep the door closed to stop peoples cigarrets stinking out the rest of the place.

All of a sudden the door bursts open, there's no wind but you could feel a sudden burst of atmosphere, one of the guys starts screaming and falls off the sofa, he then scrambles to his feet and presses himself up against the wall furthest away from the door uttering "no... no...", he was shaking quite badly and there were tears running down his face, we were mostly still laughing thinking he was reacting to the game but it became quickly apparent something was seriously up - it took about 20 minutes to calm him down after that, when we got him talkative he says that a headless, limbless female torso was at the door when it opened and in his words "came towards me, it wanted to kill me", I'm not sure how much damage a limbless torso could do but he seemed pretty shaken by it. He's never had anything like that before or since, and nothing else has happened in the house, but he doesn't like speaking about it.

gutshot

Once, when I was about 17, my girlfriend called and told me she was late. Scared the shit outta me. She ended up getting her period the next day though.

Wait, I think I did it wrong.

i hate bees said:

A group of us sitting in my friends living room playing Xbox (Halo, nothing scary) and everyone's having a old good time, there's a couple of lamps on but for the most part the room is dark save for the screen glare, he lives alone too so there's no one about in the house, but he likes to keep the door closed to stop peoples cigarrets stinking out the rest of the place.

All of a sudden the door bursts open, there's no wind but you could feel a sudden burst of atmosphere, one of the guys starts screaming and falls off the sofa, he then scrambles to his feet and presses himself up against the wall furthest away from the door uttering "no... no...", he was shaking quite badly and there were tears running down his face, we were mostly still laughing thinking he was reacting to the game but it became quickly apparent something was seriously up - it took about 20 minutes to calm him down after that, when we got him talkative he says that a headless, limbless female torso was at the door when it opened and in his words "came towards me, it wanted to kill me", I'm not sure how much damage a limbless torso could do but he seemed pretty shaken by it. He's never had anything like that before or since, and nothing else has happened in the house, but he doesn't like speaking about it.

wow. I'd freak the fuck out just seeing him react like that.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
gutshot said:
Once, when I was about 17, my girlfriend called and told me she was late. Scared the shit outta me. She ended up getting her period the next day though.
phelps_-_avatar343.jpg

I don't believe in ghosts.

That said, I know a guy who lives in a civil war era house. It was used as a hospital in the Battle of Lone Jack.
They always said that they heard/saw some wierd stuff.
One time I was there half alseep when I heard someone walk past my bed.
I kinda woke up and felt a pressure on my chest. I couldnt breath and my sight was blurred.
Finally I lept up and ran outside. Didnt sleep for the rest of the night.

Probably a rationale explanation coupled with the fact that they told me some about some crazy shit that they had seen/heard, but it freaked me out.

i hate bees said:

I don't know whats creepier. That story or your avatar.

He was the only one who could see it, or was he the only one with a view of the doorway?

rSpooky

I am convinced these ghosts/spirits/demons/whatever are all around us. Problem is, they are usually slightly out of your vision and the older you get the harder it is to notice ( except for that nagging feeling/chill you can get at times) You have to be paying attention to your instinct and look past your field of vision ( hard to explain, think corner of your eyes, past your focal point, off center etc)

I had one in my car(backseat) for some odd reason, not sure why but it is harmless and if anything I feel it kept me safe.

This summer we spend time at my brother in laws house (It is the house he and my wife grew up in) .
I put my girls in the top room but my youngest was freaking out about a ghost. I didn't dismiss her and we went both up. As soon as we would go up she started to freak out and pointed and said ( she is 3) right there right there. Well, I am no exorcist but I know it is possible ( yet dangerous ) to will them out. So as she went down I simply focused all my energy toward sit and told it to leave my girls alone. Turns out there were 2. After that moment my daughter slept without any problems. Now keep in mind she was never alone in that room, she slept there with her sister and her 14 year old niece.

I cannot explain how it works but I have always had this ability to "Feel" these things, just never developed any skills.

I also "saw"/"felt" ,Mother in-law who passed last year.( different house , where she passed, same town) and in my old house in Belgium I had two spirits in the house (again "Friendly" and a whole bunch of nasty stuff outside.

I am also convinced that there are many different types of ghosts, some are just memories, some re innocent, some annoying and there are more evil spirits, even what people have classified as demons throughout history and that quijou (spl?) boards are a potential gateway to a whole lot of trouble.

I know a lot of you are skeptic about these things,but so be it.

[Nintex]

I never encountered a ghost, but I'm getting alot of deja vu's from dreams. They're nothing special, just me at work, or walking on the street or anything. But the events mostly match up to what happens the next week in real life.

The weirdest thing happened around three months ago. I walked to a co-worker and I thought... wait a minute this is just like the dream I had. I was stunned for a moment and something dropped from the ceiling right in front of me. I waited just a couple of seconds and my co-worker was like, "how did you know that was going to happen?".

I also recall another event. I was out shopping with one of my friends and I asked him to stop for some reason, he almost wanted to cross the road but instead he turned his head towards me. At the very same moment a truck drives through the red light and I'm certain it would've hit him. The strange thing is that I never noticed the truck, so I've got the feeling that I've got some kind of guardian angel.

FFChris

striKeVillain! said:
I've heard far too many first hand accounts of ghosts. I absolutely believe them. There are things on this earth no one can explain.

I'm not sure myself. I've heard and read about a lot of strange stuff, but I think a persons mind is usually responsible for a lot of things.

i just remembered a couple more.

at one of the places my family lived, my room was in the basement. i had left the light on and left the room for a few minutes. when i went back towards my door i saw a shadow of a person walking along my wall. i ran to the room and noone was there.

also soon after the "ten minutes you're dead" thing i was sitting up in the middle of the night at home on good ol' AOL when I heard from the corner of the room someone whisper my name, but i think this one may have been my imagination, since it was just a couple days after the other thing and i was pretty jumpy. both of these were in the same house.

yuna55

One time at the end of a ghost tour in this little town, I walked up to this tiny fenced-in cemetery with only 2 or 3 headstones. Everybody else was lingering around or looking at other things, so I was walking by myself. As I was walking up to the fence, I heard the metal gate open and slam shut, but it never opened. And 2 seconds later I felt someone run into me and their shoulder hit mine. My friends literally watched me fly back a few feet. It was some fucked up repugnant shit.

People came to my grandma for psychic readings and shit, so I've seen a lot of shit. Let's just say I have the propensity to experience this type of shit because I was taught to be open to it.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
FFChris said:
I'm not sure myself. I've heard and read about a lot of strange stuff, but I think a persons mind is usually responsible for a lot of things.
Indeed, even with my first hand experience I am a skeptic.

I read a book called Spook that pretty much hardend my resolve. There is a lot of scientificevidence to explain away ghosts. The brain is a crazy thing.

striKeVillain! said:
I've heard far too many first hand accounts of ghosts. I absolutely believe them. There are things on this earth no one can explain.

I agree. Sometimes its hard too though. Even though I believe, I am always very skeptical of others stories. Even people I know and trust, though I don't know why. Maybe my own fear stops me from complete acceptance. I suspect fear of the unknown is why lots of people refuse to believe in anything.

Foil

I posted this here before but it's the only "paranormal" thing I've had happen to me. When I was in high school my parents picked up a clan plaque for my mom's side of the family to mount on the wall. It was mounted on a wood backing and was pretty heavy. Heavy enough that if it would fall off the wall it wouldn't go far.

We put it up on the wall and one day while we were in other rooms we heard a really loud bang. We went into the area and the plaque was on the other side of the room. There's no way a thing of this weight could travel that far from falling off a hook. This ended up happening four or five times with nobody in the room. It was like somebody picked it up and threw it as hard as they could across the room.

The last time it ended up breaking the main cresting off the wood backing and we could see that the wood was pen marked with a rival clans name. Obviously it was suppose to be used for the backing of that, but I guess somebody just used it for this one. Kinda creepy, so we took it back and got a new one. Never happened again.

I have no answer for it, but it was a little spooky when it happened.

devilplaque.jpg

super-heated plasma said:
I don't know whats creepier. That story or your avatar.

He was the only one who could see it, or was he the only one with a view of the doorway?

:D nah no one else saw a thing, but we all agreed the door opening and the brief sensation that followed was a bit odd.

[Nintex] said:
I never encountered a ghost, but I'm getting alot of deja vu's from dreams. They're nothing special, just me at work, or walking on the street or anything. But the events mostly match up to what happens the next week in real life.

The weirdest thing happened around three months ago. I walked to a co-worker and I thought... wait a minute this is just like the dream I had. I was stunned for a moment and something dropped from the ceiling right in front of me. I waited just a couple of seconds and my co-worker was like, "how did you know that was going to happen?".

I also recall another event. I was out shopping with one of my friends and I asked him to stop for some reason, he almost wanted to cross the road but instead he turned his head towards me. At the very same moment a truck drives through the red light and I'm certain it would've hit him. The strange thing is that I never noticed the truck, so I've got the feeling that I've got some kind of guardian angel.

I have a somewhat different sort of issue. For whatever reason I will be thinking of a certain song or a specific TV episode, or a movie. I will turn on the radio or TV and sure enough I will find that exact song/episode/movie on some station. I know its probably just a coincidence but sometimes it happens more than once a week. Maybe my brain is picking up signals in the airwaves. :)

Feral Youth said:
Fuck this thread. I read some of the things on here and I get all chilling feelings down my spine.

:lol It's not like I used a deceptive thread title. You should have known what it was about before reading it.

fun though isn't it?

Mash

Firstly, I don't believe ghosts are dead people still hanging around.

But, when I was about 13 me and my family were on a holiday. We were on some boring day out at some castle fort one day and I was trailing at the back of the guided tour with my brother dicking around when we went down into these tunnels that were used in WW2 for the air raids. So we were underground and it felt chilly because of that and a lot of the areas were being renovated because the ceiling was falling apart and they didn't want people suing for being injured. I remember everyone was walking into this small room where the light was flickering to show the way the electricity would be inconsistent and there were like waxwork dummies that were in the pose of operating on injured some soldier. Because I was the last one through the door into this room I was just glanced down this corded off tunnel which wasn't lit up. I guess you'd call what I saw a ghost, whatever a ghost is. It was a bloke in WW2 get up sort of doing a shovelling gesture with his arms. He was sort of smudgy and you couldn't really make out distinct colours but it was transparent-ish. I remember he was looking toward me but it didn't feel like it was looking at me, so to speak. My parents called me an idiot for two years and then we were watching some shitty show called Most Haunted here in the UK where two people phoned in on some live special at this place describing the exact same thing at the same location in the tunnels before the hospital room.

Perhaps it was some trick by the people who ran the place or perhaps humans are wired similarly enough that the right environment will induce the same mental imagery in people. It would be more of a miracle that it was a dead person lingering around than for the event to have had a rational explanation so I don't personally believe it was a "ghost" in the sense most people mean by the term. It still fucked me up though.

I think most, if not all, experiences can be chalked up to conditioned expectance. If you had never heard of the notion of a ghost the likelihood that you'd interpret phenomena as dead people is very unlikely, but because we're brought up with the idea it seems more plausible for some reason. It's like these people going ghost hunting round derelict buildings and old spooky buildings; if you were to go "rat hunting" you'd interpret things falling off shelves and shit as rodents. Obviously not as cool but hey, I like to live relentlessly in the real world.

Never had an experience myself, but my family is from Latin America and they have all sorts of ghost stories.

My mum, for example, once stayed at one of her aunt's house when she was a teenager. She says that during the night, the place would be visited by these random ghosts/spirits/imps. I'm not sure what the word for them is in English, but there's a specific word for them in Spanish. I think it might be "duende", but I'm not certain (I might be getting my stories confused).

Anyway, apparently, late at night after dark, they'd scurry around her aunt's house moving furniture around and whispering to one another. When they'd wake up in the morning, chairs and tables would be moved. Another time, her cousin's bed had been shifted across the room in the night.

starblade

i hate bees said:

Fuck that shit...

(I can think of plenty a limbless torso could do)

John Dunbar

correct about everything
JodyAnthony said:

Holy shit, I'm afraid to go to sleep now.

Here's my story:

When i lived in my old house,strange things always happened,ironically,they all stopped after the death of my grandmother..
I remember one time when i was six,i was all alone in the house.My mom used to lock all the doors up except for the living room's and the bathroom's.
So i used to have a ceramic bell in one of these locked rooms,all of a sudden i hear this bell ringing,a faint sound at first,becoming louder and louder,an then i hear children laughs and the door starts to shake...i remember i started crying,and hid myself under a blanket:lol This thing happened for over 2 months every fucking afternoon,after a while i started to ignore it and just turn up the volume of my tv to avoid hearing the terrifying noise.I never spoke about this to my parents until i turned 18 and moved to another house.
Of course there were typical random shit like lights turning off/on randomly,sometimes even tv's.I've never seen a ghost thou,or at least the typical image we have of ghosts(dead humans,often relatives),but i've seen shadows and a couple of times reflections of people on glasses or mirrors,disappearing just after i saw them(but that just could be suggestion),the closer i've been to see a ghost would be that one time when i vioently woke up to a dream,and saw a pretty girl lying on my bed next to me,smiled at me,than she disappeared under the covers,it all happened in a second or two.I thought it was daydreaming or some kind of continuation of my dream,but there was still the shape of another person on the blanket,so i dunno.

So okay i have chills down my spine too,i'm watching a comic movie but it doesn't help :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom