• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita confirmed region-free

duffyside said:
I get that you can import from Europe too, haha. My question is people who are going to import at launch to get their "shiny new device earlier" as another poster said (LBP Raiden guy). What's the point of having the system earlier if you can't play any games on it? I want a Vita real real bad... to play games on.
Remember Vita can play PSP games via the PSN, my PSP broke early this year so there's loads of PSP games I'm gonna grab off of the store to play on my Vita this christmas, good times :D

krae_man

Hopefully multiple PSN accounts as well so we don't have to change accounts every time we want to play a game from a different region.

x3r0123

duffyside said:
I get that you can import from Europe too, haha. My question is people who are going to import at launch to get their "shiny new device earlier" as another poster said (LBP Raiden guy). What's the point of having the system earlier if you can't play any games on it? I want a Vita real real bad... to play games on.

importing to europe makes it cheaper sometimes due to the currency and vita is region free

Dunan

Makes my Day 1 purchase even more solid.

My games are about a 30-70 split between Japanese and English; I live in Japan, but buy lots of games from the US plus the occasional EU game.

Region locks are a violation of fundamental human rights and should be fought with wherever they appear.

Now where's this GameFAQs thread? Someone needs to talk some sense into that totalitarian.

x3r0123 said:
importing to europe makes it cheaper sometimes due to the currency and vita is region free

Importing to Europe is cheaper?

What I don't get is that Xenoblade Chronicles was going for $42 USD. I still haven't gotten my copy yet because I want it even cheaper.

And also at a time when college isn't in the way.

18-Volt said:
CERO is not going to be happy about this...

Uh, what? CERO is like the ESRB, they rate games to fit an age group.

You have to be at least 18 in order to buy things online anyway. It's not going to fucking matter and won't affect things.

x3r0123

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Importing to Europe is cheaper?

What I don't get is that Xenoblade Chronicles was going for $42 USD. I still haven't gotten my copy yet because I want it even cheaper.

And also at a time when college isn't in the way.

are you in europe because i said to europe. You listed a price in usd which i conclude you arent? exporting from europe is another issue

lupinko

FTH said:
What would be really awesome is if you could access multiple regional stores, like iTunes. I'll take what I can get though.
You can do that with psp and ps3, hell it's been around since 2006.

Kyoufu

Yoshida hasn't responded to PSN account question yet. We're doomed.

If I can't download and play everything from every region store I'm gonna be pizzle pissed.

18-Volt

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Uh, what? CERO is like the ESRB, they rate games to fit an age group.

You have to be at least 18 in order to buy things online anyway. It's not going to fucking matter and won't affect things.
I heard once (don't remember where) that reason of Japanese Xbox 360 games region locked because of CERO (but recently some CAVE shooters were released region free). Also Nintendo has stated that rating is the main reason of region lock.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Damn.

I was actually kind of trying to avoid the Vita until next year, and while I expected that it would be region free, it was nice thinking it wasn't.

Urge to import rising...

But, if I import a Vita, I'd have to shun quite a few games releasing this fall...

Damn.

Dunan said:
Makes my Day 1 purchase even more solid.

My games are about a 30-70 split between Japanese and English; I live in Japan, but buy lots of games from the US plus the occasional EU game.

Region locks are a violation of fundamental human rights and should be fought with wherever they appear.

Now where's this GameFAQs thread? Someone needs to talk some sense into that totalitarian.

Going into off topic territory, but...

No particular thread, he's just around on the Wii board. Dude is called SF_Baha/DarkZero920. He just trolls all day and says the dumbest shit possible. It's also funny because he calls Xenoblade a mediocre game without actually owning it. And he was also making a huge deal about people modding their Wiis to import and how that was illegal, etc. This sprung out his insane region free comment.

The sad part is that he's serious. Talking sense into a troll doesn't work, unfortunately.

Take your pick of threads, especially in later pages:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930752-nintendo-wii?search=xenoblade

StuBurns

Banned
18-Volt said:
I heard once (don't remember where) that reason of Japanese Xbox 360 games region locked because of CERO (but recently some CAVE shooters were released region free). Also Nintendo has stated that rating is the main reason of region lock.
Well on 360 it's at the publishers discretion, so maybe that could explain some of the 360 stuff. Nintendo are probably just lying.

Deeku

Kyoufu said:

If I can't download and play everything from every region store I'm gonna be pizzle pissed.
This is the only thing left I'm worried about.

But region free for retail games is good enough for me.

Sipowicz said:
nintendo doesn't know ho to make handhelds anymore
Nintendo didn't exactly lose money by selling people multiple pieces of hardware that do exactly the same thing, or at least that was the case up until recently.

kaioshade

commanderdeek said:
This is the only thing left I'm worried about.

But region free for retail games is good enough for me.

Same here. I will most likely wait for the US release of the Vita, but region free for even physical media is enough to sway me into getting the system.

Great, even though I'm not an importer myself I know how important it is and think it's a stupid feature to leave out, shame on Ninty.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So, is Sony actually endorsing importing.. or will it be..

EJvhO.png

krae_man

Kyoufu said:

I're sure at least the stupid way the PSP does it will be possible.

Orcastar

Very good news for us Europeans. I wasn't too excited about Vita when it was announced, but the good news just keep piling up, unlike for that certain other handheld I bought a few months back...

Boogybro

Bel Marduk said:
Going into off topic territory, but...

No particular thread, he's just around on the Wii board. Dude is called SF_Baha/DarkZero920. He just trolls all day and says the dumbest shit possible. It's also funny because he calls Xenoblade a mediocre game without actually owning it. And he was also making a huge deal about people modding their Wiis to import and how that was illegal, etc. This sprung out his insane region free comment.

The sad part is that he's serious. Talking sense into a troll doesn't work, unfortunately.

Take your pick of threads, especially in later pages:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930752-nintendo-wii?search=xenoblade

Why do you still visit those terrible forums, Soniku?

good news since i am planning on importing.....

now the question for me is, will uncharted have english voice options, hmmmmmmmm idk if 4gb can handle both Japanese and English, does anyone know?

friskykillface said:
good news since i am planning on importing.....

now the question for me is, will uncharted have english voice options, hmmmmmmmm idk if 4gb can handle both Japanese and English, does anyone know?

Unknown. The chances are that there might be English voices with Japanese subs (if this is the case, English ones might have been left in too). Have the PS3 Uncharted's got localised voices?

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
This is going to making playing with a Vita at TGS tomorrow that more difficult. I want to get one but I always regretted not buying a colored PSP... I'm sure they'll roll out with some after 6 months or so.

matmanx1

I would be so much happier with the 3DS if it wers region free. Thank you, Sony for getting this part right for this whole generation.

Boogybro

Bel Marduk said:
Because they're not too bad (for the most part)...uh...you :p

That other forum included, which is that bad.

Hey.

On topic: I can't really think of many games that I want for the Vita that I imagine won't be making it to Europe anyway, but it's one less reason for hackers to try and break it so... That's cool, I guess.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Beautiful. Today was awesome already, and it got even more awesome.

But...

Kyoufu said:
If I can't download and play everything from every region store I'm gonna be pizzle pissed
I want to see if this will be possible too.

Top Bottom