• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Vengeance |OT| - The gods are ready to spread the cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
5sAeH.jpg

DATE: January 27, 2011

CAST

Liam McIntyre
Lucy Lawless
Craig Parker
Peter Mensah
Manu Bennett
Dustin Clare
Nick E Tarabay
Viva Bianca
Katrina Law
Hanna Mangan
Tom Hobbs
Cynthia Addai-Robinson
Dan Feuerrigel

MEDIA

New long form trailer
Advanced look
The brotherhood
Trailer
The women of Spartacus
Liam McIntyre as Spartacus
In production

SITES

Offical Site
Starz YouTube Channel
IMDb
TV.com

EPISODE GUIDE

Episode 201 "Fugitivus" - 01/27
Episode 202 "A place in this..." - 02/3
Episode 203 "The greater good" - 02/10
Episode 204 "Empty Hands" - 02/17
Episode 205 "Libertus" - 02/24
Episode 206 "Chosen path" - 03/2
Episode 207 "Sacramentum" - 03/9
Episode 208 "Balance" - 03/16
Episode 209 "Monsters" - 03/23
Episode 210 "Wraths of the..." - 03/30

We9i2.jpg

Andy didnt die in 2001....

Anyway, i appreciate the warning about the episodes disappearing from Netflix soon. I need to get on that.

Man

What? Crixus recast as well or just weird image?
edit: Just the image. *phew*

This will be excellent.

Love everyone on the top row, hate everyone on the bottom! Well, Ilithyia is hot, so she gets a pass.

Looking forward to seeing how McIntyre does in the main role. Miss Andy though. Damn shame.

Oh, and it's all about Gannicus, baby. Such a boss.

Ashhong

Shameless question because I don't remember, did Ilithyia and Lucretia ever actually hook up like they kept alluding to?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
One thing about Andy... apart from his excellent delivery... he moved well as a gladiator.

Really sold every fight. Even amidst gratuitous fake-as-hell CG blood and shit, the fights were generally believable, and heavy.

This new guy... uh... his fighting looks more fake and less weighty than Andy's. :(

"the gods spread cheek and ram cock in ass!"

Damn, I love that line.

Oh yeah, Netflix is allowing streaming for Spartacus: Blood and Sand.

:D

Evolved1

I'm starting a rewatch tonight. :)

Before NF takes it down. :(

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I just don't know... I adored the first season. But both Andy(Pours out the whole keg) and Hannah(He was the Jupiter's Cock of the show and really sold his role). Its going be difficult to get back into the show. Gods of the Arena was fun too, but it also showed a heel where they'll need to change it up some how, while keeping the show highly entertaining.

Evolved1

Someone post that gif where Any gets up out of the water and walks like a boss.

RIP

New dude has some huge shoes to fill.

Al-ibn Kermit

I'm really going to miss Batiatus, I loved his character. The best quotes always came from him.

How is Lucritia alive? I'm drunk.

Yeah I was surprised when I saw the OP too. According to wiki, it only says that she was "seriously wounded" and that the unborn child was killed.

ciD_Vain

i thought Crixus wanted Lucrecia to suffer by keeping her alive but killing their child? or did he mean to kill her too, but she survived?

Selfish wish for the Season: I hope there's a better-looking gay gladiator. Barca was fugly and Auctus was just okay looking.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Does Starz offer a paid internet alternative? Do they still have something with Netflix? My provider is handcuffing me :(

Mothman91

When does this start? I enjoyed the first season pretty well, but was saddened that the main actor died. New guy has a lot to fill.

Of course we still have to wait two extra days to see this in Canada, as per usual. :/

Oh well, still crazy excited for the new season.

3N16MA

Banned
Sorry about the OP. Had to scrap the fancier version since the colours were off for some reason even thought they were uploaded correctly. Anyways plane Jane OP gets the point across.

Al-ibn Kermit

Wait, I never saw the prequel. Do you think I would need to watch it to understand it more?

It'll definitely help give some backstory to Batiatus and Lucretia. Also one of the main characters this season, Gannicus, was only in the prequel season so you might be a bit lost as to who he is.

I loved the way that the characters spoke. I can only imagine that Latin was a passive language, because they always spoke in passive-sounding prose. To me, it was the best part. I loved how eloquent, yet completely depraved and crude the Romans were.

However, Batiatus was the best character. He'll be sorely missed.

Batiatus was really the heart of the show imo, it'll be interesting to see how this season goes. I thought the pilot ep of S1 was by far the weakest of the season; it focused more on full scale war than political intrigue or gladiators, and most of S2 will be the same. Hopefully it's done better, I have some faith but yea...still kinda worried. And yet I'm still hyped

I was shocked to find out my prudish parents LOVE the show lmao. They haven't seen Gods Of The Arena yet

Batiatus was really the heart of the show imo, it'll be interesting to see how this season goes. I thought the pilot ep of S1 was by far the weakest of the season; it focused more on full scale war than political intrigue or gladiators, and most of S2 will be the same. Hopefully it's done better, I have some faith but yea...still kinda worried. And yet I'm still hyped

I was shocked to find out my prudish parents LOVE the show lmao. They haven't seen Gods Of The Arena yet

I always thought the main problem with the first couple Spartacus episodes was that the dialogue was crap and the characters had no personality. Actually, the show could really benefit from the variety of settings that a war would bring.

Kajiba

Hyped ass hell. Can't wait to see this. Also, is this going to get updated on netflix when it releases like last season?

It was pretty cool to see the show on tv than the next day it was on netflix. Hope they do that.

Mr_Zombie

I feel stupid but I've just realized that Lucy Lawless played Xena :|. I have no idea how could I not see the resemblance.

It's weird seeing someone else playing Spartacus. I'm sure that Liam McIntyre will successfully replace Andy, but watching trailers I had a hard time recognizing Spartacus at all.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
tumblrlfc77qa3u31qazgsc.jpg

Ashur will be the ultimate puppet master this season. No one fucks with the Ashur, less they desire a swift dagger in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom