NeoGAF

NeoGAF (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Community (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too! (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462669)

xenoflux2113 04-17-2012 04:11 PM

[QUOTE=Number45;37027009]Thanks. I thought it might be the shot selector one - does anyone know what the unlock requirements are for that? Because I have (and have the trophies for) homing/rising/spiral. :/[/QUOTE]

I think its all in one course.

Number45 04-17-2012 04:17 PM

I misunderstood that one entirely it seems, it's not the type of shot you play at the hole (i.e. backspin, topspin etc.) but the control type (like the circle type, standard bar etc.). Well that makes it more attainable!

That'll just leave the water skipping and the albatross. Not looking forward to that one. :(

HiddenAway 04-18-2012 06:39 AM

I finally broke into the top 9 last night!

Followed by scoring a -5 over 9 holes - on the 2nd course ;_;

Expecting to drop today...

Jim 04-18-2012 08:07 PM

Soo close to (potentially) winning a daily last night. Was in 8th place with a -9 on the last Par 5, hit a beautiful chip with super topspin, hit the pin... did a rising shot and!!! falls in the cup and bounces out. Fuck!! So had to just take the birdie.

Alex Anderson 04-19-2012 11:31 AM

I hadn't played Arabian in a while since the dailies and GFs are always courses 1-4, but I couldn't get to sleep tonight and have been toolin around a little and was reminded... the Par 5's on this courses are something else, got damn! Beat my previous PB by 4 strokes and didn't smack into a damn hot air balloon thank goodness :P Annoying-ass things

NateDrake 04-19-2012 11:54 PM

Anyone else having issues connecting to the server today?

neoemonk 04-19-2012 11:59 PM

I got stuck on the pro courses. I haven't been able to finish higher than eighth place on the second pro course after about ten attempts.

Alex Anderson 04-20-2012 08:09 AM

[QUOTE=NateDrake;37106222]Anyone else having issues connecting to the server today?[/QUOTE]

A couple of my pals were having problems earlier, then another said it was back up. (a few hours ago)

neoemonk 04-20-2012 12:45 PM

I read the past few pages after I posted and saw that I was getting stuck way too early. I played 3-2 a few more times and finally took first. Four birdies, two bogeys. Two of those birdies were chip ins and one was almost a 30 footer though, so I guess I got a bit lucky.

eznark 04-22-2012 12:12 AM

Holy shit. Just finished 15th overall on the second daily. Max feels like cheating.

BobTheFork 04-22-2012 03:52 PM

So I just got this and a Vita 2 days ago and I had a chance to start playing last night.
I love it so far... except I played a shit load of HSG5 and the little differences are driving me crazy. A few questions
-is the back camera angle gone. I mean the one where you are chipping close and you just switch to the behind angle. you can kind of rig that angle together by moving it way by moving the camera but I won't have the time in a tourney to do that.
-How do I get my putting line?!?! This is really bothering me. I just talking about the straight line coming off the putter you use to judge the break.
-I don't understand why, if I have an A rating in impact, that the width of the driving impact is only 1 space wide. It's screwing up most of my drives because I rarely hit perfect shots. Please don't tell me that every character with any stats has only that much driving impact, that's crazy

hikarutilmitt 04-22-2012 05:17 PM

[QUOTE=BobTheFork;37179488]So I just got this and a Vita 2 days ago and I had a chance to start playing last night.
I love it so far... except I played a shit load of HSG5 and the little differences are driving me crazy. A few questions
-is the back camera angle gone. I mean the one where you are chipping close and you just switch to the behind angle. you can kind of rig that angle together by moving it way by moving the camera but I won't have the time in a tourney to do that.
-How do I get my putting line?!?! This is really bothering me. I just talking about the straight line coming off the putter you use to judge the break.
-I don't understand why, if I have an A rating in impact, that the width of the driving impact is only 1 space wide. It's screwing up most of my drives because I rarely hit perfect shots. Please don't tell me that every character with any stats has only that much driving impact, that's crazy[/QUOTE]

The driving impact is because you're on the 1W. It's always like that regardless of the character's rating. If I think I stand a chance of hitting it into a bunker or something when driving, I'll switch to a 3W.

BobTheFork 04-22-2012 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=hikarutilmitt;37180824]The driving impact is because you're on the 1W. It's always like that regardless of the character's rating. If I think I stand a chance of hitting it into a bunker or something when driving, I'll switch to a 3W.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I still think that's crazy. I'm almost sure HSG5 gave you more room even on the driver.

Alex Anderson 04-23-2012 08:19 AM

They changed it so 1W shots aren't 99% automatic in this game. Unless you get PI it's going to be a rabbit or turtle (or worse of course)

Number45 04-24-2012 09:29 AM

I shall make a point of crying about my lack of an albatross in every post I make in this thread. :'(

No sign of the patch I take it? Saw [URL="http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=513"]this[/URL] and wondered if it might be related, but as we haven't heard anything I'm not sure.

JimmyRickard 04-24-2012 11:50 AM

Is there any advantages to using Advanced shot? I seem to remember it gave you extra power in the PS3 version. Is it just me or is the advanced shot slightly different than the PS3 version?

HiddenAway 04-24-2012 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=bigjimmystyle;37233680]Is there any advantages to using Advanced shot? I seem to remember it gave you extra power in the PS3 version. Is it just me or is the advanced shot slightly different than the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, all the shot types are the same in terms of power.

Really irritated at the way they nixed traditional shots in the previous game. I just couldn't get used to the advanced shot.

Number45 04-24-2012 01:07 PM

Which one is advanced? I can't use anything other than circle consistently.

Alex Anderson 04-24-2012 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=bigjimmystyle;37233680]Is there any advantages to using Advanced shot? I seem to remember it gave you extra power in the PS3 version. Is it just me or is the advanced shot slightly different than the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8009/6964715586_d1000f65e4_z.jpg[/img]

For Advanced they added a power gauge. In the PS3 game there was no gauge, just blinking lights at 50% and 100%.

Advanced does have one minor advantage over the other shots. When you press circle/triangle to adjust power at impact it adjusts to the nearest one percent on power. For example, setting 100% power and pressing circle at impact to be able to hit a shot with 99% power. In Circle Shot pressing circle at 100% knocks it down to 98% because there are fewer than 100 increments on the power bar, which is kind of annoying. It usually only bugs me on shots ~200yards plus where I'll be like "100% this is 10 feet too long, 98% is 10 feet too short" then I cycle nearby clubs trying to find something that would be equivalent of 99% and sometimes can't.

I originally wanted to play with Advanced shots in this game, similar to how I did in the PS3 version, switching to a side view to have optimum view of the backswing... but it's too cumbersome having to press the screen twice everytime I want to switch views. It'd take forever to play rounds. Also, I noticed when getting that screengrab that some players are too tall for the side view in Advanced... Max's power gauge was cut off at the top of the screen -_-

Oh well, Circle Shot is good enough :) I do miss being able to hit 99% power shots and having the ghost ball for putting but oh well, not a huge deal

*edit* ugh, playing a round with Advanced and switching to side view to power my shots. Forgot how it often gives you terrible camera angles of the ball's flight. That's yet another reason I didn't bother with it

Jim 04-26-2012 07:40 PM

Circle shot is definitely my favorite out of all of them.

Also got all the Crowns yay!

HiddenAway 04-28-2012 01:02 AM

[URL="http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=516"]Japan's first season ends on 5th May[/URL]. Patch 1.04 to follow but it's not certain if that applies to US and Europe yet.

Number45 04-28-2012 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=HiddenAway;37359939][URL="http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=516"]Japan's first season ends on 5th May[/URL]. Patch 1.04 to follow but it's not certain if that applies to US and Europe yet.[/QUOTE]
Hope we get it soon. I also hope they give us something new to spend our money on (and [spoiler]a cheap way to get an albatross! :([/spoiler]).

PumpkinPie 04-29-2012 01:05 PM

Can you get a new caddy? That Spanish lady annoys me.

HiddenAway 04-29-2012 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=PumpkinPie;37398248]Can you get a new caddy? That Spanish lady annoys me.[/QUOTE]

You get a new caddy every time you purchase a new course. You can change at the course select screen.

archnemesis 04-30-2012 06:35 AM

[QUOTE=PumpkinPie;37398248]Can you get a new caddy? That Spanish lady annoys me.[/QUOTE]The other caddies are also quite annoying. Muting her might be the better option.

depward 04-30-2012 04:44 PM

I go with Langundo (last caddy to unlock) simply because I find his voice to be a bit quieter than the others :) I've also found - sometimes he feeds me incorrect advice! He'll tell me the putt is a hook, but I find that it's dead on or a slight fade.

Jim 04-30-2012 05:07 PM

I rely on the caddy's feedback, right after a green shot, to plan my follow-up especially when playing online. I hold my breath and listen closely for the "looks good!" or whatever comment, and then crack a smile.

DoctorWho 04-30-2012 05:13 PM

Need to jump back into the daily tournaments.

Number45 04-30-2012 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=DoctorWho;37432924]Need to jump back into the daily tournaments.[/QUOTE]
There'll be a reset soon, so if rank is what you're after I wouldn't bother just yet. I'm just running them in the vain hope of fluking an albatross.

[QUOTE=depward;37432127]I go with Langundo (last caddy to unlock) simply because I find his voice to be a bit quieter than the others :) I've also found - sometimes he feeds me incorrect advice! He'll tell me the putt is a hook, but I find that it's dead on or a slight fade.[/QUOTE]
They all do that, the double-crossing mofos!

Bebpo 05-02-2012 12:54 AM

I have no idea how I beat the 2nd half of the Al Arabian course in Bronze. It's so weird because the first half 4-1 was easy and not much tougher than previous courses. But ffffuuu at 4-2. There are so many holes on that course where you can get screwed really really bad by 1 mistake in planning or missing your shot by a millisecond. I got to the last hole in the lead and then the ball rolls across the entire putting green into the water :|

For the single player modes in future HSG games I think they should incorporate a Forza style rewind system. The whole thing where 1 millisecond mistake costs you an entire 9 hole course is a bit much.

HiddenAway 05-02-2012 06:49 AM

As per the Japanese Vita games discussion thread, patch 1.04 is out in Japan on Monday (via Famitsu).

[url]http://www.famitsu.com/news/201205/02014151.html[/url]

(Copy and paste link into address bar or press Enter after clicking the link above when on the "Forbidden" page)

Not sure if this applies to Europe/US gamers.

JimmyRickard 05-02-2012 07:24 AM

[QUOTE=HiddenAway;37488747]As per the Japanese Vita games discussion thread, patch 1.04 is out in Japan on Monday (via Famitsu).

[url]http://www.famitsu.com/news/201205/02014151.html[/url]

(Copy and paste link into address bar or press Enter after clicking the link above when on the "Forbidden" page)

Not sure if this applies to Europe/US gamers.[/QUOTE]

Any patch notes in english?

archnemesis 05-02-2012 08:19 AM

[QUOTE][B]Hot Shots Golf 6 Update Due Next Week[/B]
Sony will give PlayStation Vita launch title Hot Shots Golf 6 an update on the 7th. The update, which takes the game to version 1.04, will add the following features:

[B]Versus Rooms[/B]
Players can create rooms where they freely set match type, course and other rules. The game supports rounds with eight players playing simultaneously. You'll be able to engage in voice chat as you face off against your friends.

[B]Grade System Added to Real Tournament Mode[/B]
Real Tournament Mode will now have a four level grade system, allowing you to face off against players who are close to your level.

[B]Tour System Added to Daily National Tournament Mode[/B]
The Daily National Tournament mode will feature a tour system where you take part in one week tours. Each tour will begin on Tuesdays. Tournaments will be held daily through Sunday, with the results announced on Monday.[/QUOTE][url]http://andriasang.com/con0vs/minna_no_golf_6_update/[/url]

Number45 05-02-2012 08:25 AM

[url]http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=517[/url]

Alex Anderson 05-02-2012 06:58 PM

Stroke Mode only supporting two players is kind of a bummer :\ That's what my pals and I played most on OOB was 4P stroke rooms. Guess we'll just have to make do with the New Real rooms.

PumpkinPie 05-04-2012 01:52 AM

Anyone else utter shit at putting? I've been trying to do the first amateur cup for about a week, still can't get past it due to dire putting skills. Practice has made no difference, the grid doesn't help me one bit and if I get the cursor dead on the red flag on the putting gauge my ball ends up about 2m from the hole ???

archnemesis 05-04-2012 06:29 AM

Back when I played the game daily I had an intuitive feeling about the putting. If you're missing the hole by 2 meters then I'm guessing you forget to take the slope into account.

HiddenAway 05-04-2012 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=PumpkinPie;37541248]Anyone else utter shit at putting? I've been trying to do the first amateur cup for about a week, still can't get past it due to dire putting skills. Practice has made no difference, the grid doesn't help me one bit and if I get the cursor dead on the red flag on the putting gauge my ball ends up about 2m from the hole ???[/QUOTE]

This is an unscientific way of doing it but it should help with getting at least the distance right (assuming you're using m/cm).

(Based on a normal putter - 10m)

1. Find out the remaining distance you have to the hole.

2. Look for the arrow at the top of the screen telling you how far up/down the hole is from the ball. Blue = down, Red = Up. Take the distance and divide by 10. Add or subtract this from the remaining distance (if the arrow is blue, subtract, if the arrow is red, add). This should give you the power you need to reach the hole (though take care when going downhill as the ball may travel even further).

3. Find the point on the bar you need to stop the marker (there should be 10 small markers = 1m each). If the point is past the maximum distance of the current club, hit square to go to the next club up.

4. Look at the markings going left to right or vice versa. Adjust accordingly. If the down/up-slope is going faster than the left/right slope then you won't need to veer off to the side as much.

5. Hit the shot. If you followed steps 1-3, you should at least be getting close to the hole unless you're really unlucky to hit a very fast down slope.

The 10 segments = 2m each on the 20m putter and 3m each on the 30m putter. If you're unlucky enough to need the 40m putter, then each segment obviously is 4m.

It's a good idea to get yourself better on your approach play so you don't have to resort to the larger putts unless you really have to (i.e. the direct path of your normal approach shot is blocked but you can reach the green another way)

Alex Anderson 05-04-2012 03:23 PM

Granted 9:37 AM eastern isn't exactly prime time, I still wasn't expecting to see this :lol

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7101/7141902939_69e3312c92.jpg[/img]

That's the first time I've gotten on and it's been a ghost town, not that I was expecting more than a handful of people on.

Man, I'll be glad when the patch hits and there's only ONE daily tournament. Maybe feeling under the weather the past week has something to do with it, but three per day is seeming like too much of a time commitment lately. I'll devote my hour (sometimes longer) to warming up and getting them done, then a lot of times feel too tuckered out to wanna do some live-play afterwards. And on days where I just don't feel like doing them it's -- "ughhhh I'm only playing these because I feel obligated to and don't wanna drop like a rock on the leaderboard." So yeah, one will be much preferred, for me anyway.

I imagine a single Daily will have an added bonus of increasing live-play server traffic as well, so yay. Hoping for a decent crowd once the patch hits.

Still moping about stroke rooms only supporting two players *sniff* Especially after talking with friends since the game came out "Man, it's gonna be awesome when they patch this and we can Party Chat in Stroke Play rooms." I was really looking forward to getting my group together and shooting the shit while watching each other take shots. Oh well. *mope mope*

addyb 05-07-2012 08:13 AM

Is the patch supposed to be out today for this?

Alex Anderson 05-07-2012 08:39 AM

[QUOTE=addyb;37631561]Is the patch supposed to be out today for this?[/QUOTE]

The Japanese version patch is live according to shihiko's latest post (though the server is in maintenance). I dunno when we'll get it

He posted more info about it, including Lobby Part prizes for Graded Tournaments. Yes! I hope my witch hat from HSG5 is in this :D

[url]http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=519[/url]

Massa 05-07-2012 01:19 PM

Got to the silver cup and it's brutal. The difficulty curve in this game is pretty terrible.

Think I'm going for crowns now instead. Or easy mode - what are the cons of easy mode? Do you get fewer points or locked out of trophies and unlockables?

Number45 05-07-2012 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=Massa;37634753]Think I'm going for crowns now instead. Or easy mode - what are the cons of easy mode? Do you get fewer points or locked out of trophies and unlockables?[/QUOTE]
No cons, apparently.

bender 05-08-2012 12:39 AM

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BvnUi.jpg[/IMG]

Hooray, top 100!

Massa 05-08-2012 07:10 AM

[QUOTE=Number45;37642302]No cons, apparently.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks!

Number45 05-08-2012 07:12 AM

[QUOTE=bender;37652179][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BvnUi.jpg[/IMG]

Hooray, top 100![/QUOTE]
I'm slowly edging up, but my scores haven't been so good recently as I'm using the dailies in my vain attempts to pick up that albatross.

MrPliskin 05-08-2012 04:16 PM

I have my doubts that the US will see this patch anytime soon, if HSG: OoB is any indication.

Alex Anderson 05-08-2012 05:12 PM

I think it'll be a different case with this game. The Asian and western versions were released a lot closer together this time. The 1.03 patch looks like it went up Feb 9 for Minna and was available at launch (Feb 15) I believe for the US version. Hopefully we'll get this one just as soon

depward 05-09-2012 04:18 PM

One of the dailies is a 9-hole Legend of Golf Links hole shuffle today.

It's getting real now

HiddenAway 05-09-2012 09:14 PM

I forgot to put this up but I managed to reach Golf Level 20 (the highest skill level) with this as my final score...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/INytl.jpg[/IMG]

Number45 05-09-2012 09:59 PM

Nice, managed to hit 18 the other day. I have no idea what gains me levels at the moment.

bender 05-10-2012 02:29 AM

[QUOTE=HiddenAway;37715963]I forgot to put this up but I managed to reach Golf Level 20 (the highest skill level) with this as my final score...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/INytl.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Wow! Good job! That back nine destroys me. I'm still level 18 but I'm really only playing daily tournaments. Got my last trophy yesterday with a homing shot eagle.

HiddenAway 05-10-2012 06:44 AM

[QUOTE=Number45;37717492]Nice, managed to hit 18 the other day. I have no idea what gains me levels at the moment.[/QUOTE]

It's based on your main scores over 18 holes. From the guide book (as translated by [URL="http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=512"]Shihiko's community site[/URL]):

[spoiler]18H Regular Tee Courses: -22, -20, -18, -16, -14, -12
18H Back Tee Courses: -18, -16, -14, -12, -10, -8[/spoiler]

Number45 05-10-2012 10:19 PM

Cheers. :)

In other news, today's daily #1 is truly the work of the devil.

Almyn 05-11-2012 10:46 AM

I finally, Finally unlocked the last character yesterday, and as a bonus, After weeks of trying I managed to hit both a spiral shot and a rising shot yesterday. Unlocking 2 more trophies. It felt so good :)

Now to work on finishing up the last few challenges I have unlocked. I am a bit disappointed that I need to have 43/44 crowns to unlock all the challenges to be able to get all the stars. Especially as there is trophies attached to getting both. I think I may have hit a wall though. I think there is a few crowns I will never attain, At least not without an awful lot of luck and retries.

DoctorWho 05-11-2012 01:15 PM

I'm horrible. Just horrible at this game.

Between this and Wipeout the Vita consistently knocks me on my ass.

Snuggles 05-11-2012 01:25 PM

[QUOTE=DoctorWho;37770375]I'm horrible. Just horrible at this game.

Between this and Wipeout the Vita consistently knocks me on my ass.[/QUOTE]

Heh, at least you're not alone. You should have seen me attempt the Legacy course in yesterday's daily challenge, at least it was too comical to be frustrating. I fuggin' love this game, though, easily my favorite and most played of the year. I'm still playing it pretty much every day.

On a different note, I'm thinking about picking up Out of Bounds now that it's on PSN. How is it in comparison to Word Invitational?

bender 05-11-2012 05:18 PM

[QUOTE=Snuggler;37770522]On a different note, I'm thinking about picking up Out of Bounds now that it's on PSN. How is it in comparison to Word Invitational?[/QUOTE]

I love it but I'm probably a bad person to ask. It plays a little easier since you have the elevation indicator over the swing meter if you are using the traditional shot method. It is also fairly light on unlock-able content. Does the download version come with all the DLC? That gives you eight courses and a bunch of characters to chase max loyalties with.

Costcosaurus 05-18-2012 07:02 AM

I wish there was a video tutorial on how to get better at the game.

Number45 05-18-2012 07:32 AM

[QUOTE=Costcosaurus;37981635]I wish there was a video tutorial on how to get better at the game.[/QUOTE]
So much of it is based on reading the situation, I don't think it would be easy to put together.

I haven't read through them yet, but there are some tips [URL="http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/Everybody's+Golf/feature.asp?c=38225"]here[/URL]. Once you know the basics, it's really down to practice though.

Almyn 05-18-2012 10:26 AM

[QUOTE=Costcosaurus;37981635]I wish there was a video tutorial on how to get better at the game.[/QUOTE]

Here's another great guide

[URL="http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/community/showthread.php?t=8886"]http://www.hotshotsgolf.com/community/showthread.php?t=8886[/URL]

BruiserBear 05-18-2012 04:40 PM

So the U.S still doesn't have the latest patch?

Number45 05-18-2012 06:18 PM

Nope, Japan only at this point.

Number45 05-22-2012 01:17 PM

11cm away from my fucking albatross today. FML. :'(

Sill no sign of the patch over here I see, I'd really like something more compelling to continue playing - at the moment I'm doing the dailies in the vain hope I get my platinum and that's it. Don't care about the ranking and the points are beyond useless at this point.

GillaTheGorilla 05-23-2012 11:19 PM

Just seen this is on PSN for 11.99, is this game easy for a someone who has never played the series to pick up?

HiddenAway 05-23-2012 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=GillaTheGorilla;38140749]Just seen this is on PSN for 11.99, is this game easy for a someone who has never played the series to pick up?[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you have a good grasp of ball physics ;)

On a more serious note, you could always try the demo, which gives you 3 holes on the first course to try it out.

Syn23 05-23-2012 11:58 PM

[QUOTE=GillaTheGorilla;38140749]Just seen this is on PSN for 11.99, is this game easy for a someone who has never played the series to pick up?[/QUOTE]It was the first one I played and I enjoyed it, but it could be VERY frustrating after a while, and if you care about trophies note that even reaching 40% could be very difficult.

I'd say that overall it's a really good game, but if you want to become somewhat good you must practice a lot.

GillaTheGorilla 05-24-2012 12:23 AM

[QUOTE=HiddenAway;38141647]Just make sure you have a good grasp of ball physics ;)

On a more serious note, you could always try the demo, which gives you 3 holes on the first course to try it out.[/QUOTE]

Ah, had no idea it had a demo, did a search in the psn store and there it was, thanks for that! will give it a try and see how it is

depward 05-24-2012 04:53 AM

Getting a little fed up with the lack of... Well, everything - no patch news, no dlc talk, nothing. This is after a live chat where they were like "hang tight! News coming soon!"

Even with the lack of game releases, gamers have small attention spans. By the time they put out the patch or any dlc, a lot of the audience will have moved on to something else or just losing interest.

Benedict 05-24-2012 05:40 AM

If I get the digital version, will my save from the retail version work?

STG 05-24-2012 09:48 AM

I really have problems hitting those special spin shots, like "Super Top Spin"
In a FAQ it says "To perform a Super Top Spin hold the down button while setting your power and hold
the up button at the point of impact and get a perfect impact."

it never works, after pressing X for the first time to power up my shot I hold down, press X again to set strength and exactly on impact when I let down go, I press up and X at the same time, right? that simply does not work for me :( do I need a special club or ball or character?

Syn23 05-24-2012 11:02 AM

Press X, hold down while the gauge is going up, than press x, hold up while the gauge is going down and press x again.

STG 05-24-2012 11:25 AM

ah ok, will try that
thanks!

HiddenAway 05-24-2012 03:07 PM

Speaking of patches, another one just went up in Japan. Seems to be a load of bug fixes.

[url]http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=520[/url]

[QUOTE=Benedict;38151275]If I get the digital version, will my save from the retail version work?[/QUOTE]

If I'd known you posted in here, I would have answered it here rather than in the general Vita thread :P

It seems to have worked on mine. My high scores, videos and other useless stats have carried over. I haven't tested the dailies yet but I don't think that'll be an issue.

The only thing I did was ensure Everybody's Golf wasn't in the Vita before I bought the game on PSN. I also backed up the save to my PC but I haven't had to use that. If all works OK, it should install in the same bubble where your EG save is right now.

Benedict 05-24-2012 05:24 PM

[QUOTE=HiddenAway;38159374]

If I'd known you posted in here, I would have answered it here rather than in the general Vita thread :P

It seems to have worked on mine. My high scores, videos and other useless stats have carried over. I haven't tested the dailies yet but I don't think that'll be an issue.

The only thing I did was ensure Everybody's Golf wasn't in the Vita before I bought the game on PSN. I also backed up the save to my PC but I haven't had to use that. If all works OK, it should install in the same bubble where your EG save is right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for both replies, will probably buy the digital version. Then I have to decide if I should keep the retail version as well or trade it in at Gamestop.
Might trade in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom as well, since I suck at it and am too afraid to damage the Vita whilst playing.

CrankyKong 05-26-2012 09:12 AM

I just don't get the spin system.
Do I hold down the dpad direction while i'm swining up and down on the ball, or do i just press it when the club strikes the ball?
So far it doesnt seem to have much impact at all on the way the ball rolls.

Alex Anderson 05-26-2012 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=CrankyKong;38214462]I just don't get the spin system.
Do I hold down the dpad direction while i'm swining up and down on the ball, or do i just press it when the club strikes the ball?
So far it doesnt seem to have much impact at all on the way the ball rolls.[/QUOTE]

For Super Backspin: Press d-pad up while setting power (doesn't need to be held the entire time but must be held at the time of button press) and press d-pad down on impact. If you get a perfect impact and do inputs correctly the ball icon at the bottom right of the screen will show a blue dot. Whether the ball actually does a backspin once it lands depends on character spin level, which club's being used, etc. But whatever the case it's usually always a smart shot to use because it travels farther in the air than hitting flat and gets less roll once it lands. Nearly every shot I take is a super backspin for that reason (unless it's a really short chip shot)

Benedict 05-26-2012 12:48 PM

Have bought the PSN version of Everybody's Golf and I can verify that my save files from the retail works.

GillaTheGorilla 05-26-2012 04:48 PM

What a fantastic game, was playing a tournament and dropping down the table like a stone, did two poor shots on the last hole but then pulled out a sweet chip, got an eagle and won the tourney!

Bboy AJ 05-27-2012 03:21 AM

FYI, this game has dropped to $20. I just picked it up at Walmart.

It's the same old, same old, but I enjoy it.

CrankyKong 05-28-2012 08:36 AM

At the third level of tournaments the game becomes like dark souls golf.
Such a massive upswing in difficulty.

STG 05-28-2012 10:51 AM

[QUOTE=CrankyKong;38265272]At the third level of tournaments the game becomes like dark souls golf.
Such a massive upswing in difficulty.[/QUOTE]

absolutely, I am really having trouble right now

Massa 05-28-2012 11:58 AM

Bump down the difficulty to Easy. I did that, beat the game and unlocked new characters and now I'm trying to clear those levels again.

archnemesis 05-28-2012 12:25 PM

I had to use easy mode for the last two tiers as well.

STG 05-28-2012 12:46 PM

maybe I am just blind, but where should this "easy" option be?

there is no option menu in the main menu, and the ingame option menu only has, music, caddy, touch and a camera option

HiddenAway 05-28-2012 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=STG;38267577]maybe I am just blind, but where should this "easy" option be?

there is no option menu in the main menu, and the ingame option menu only has, music, caddy, touch and a camera option[/QUOTE]

I believe it's unlocked if you fail a tournament too many times...

krae_man 05-28-2012 04:36 PM

Did they bail on releasing DLC and patches in North America because the game has sold like crap or something?

STG 05-28-2012 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=krae_man;38270677]Did they bail on releasing DLC and patches in North America [B]and Europe[/B] because the game has sold like crap or something?[/QUOTE]

*fixed* :/

Number45 05-28-2012 05:33 PM

Going to back this up and delete later tonight, I'm playing for no reason at the moment. Might jump back in when/if the patch hits.

[spoiler]Also, fuck the albatross. :([/spoiler]

Audioboxer 05-31-2012 11:48 AM

I have no idea how spin works in this game :/

When the shot meter starts to fill up I hold up/down on the d-pad and then hit X to hit the shot when the time is right. This doesn't really seem to do much though?

Picking up the game for 11.99 does seem worth it though, it's pretty damn addictive.

Number45 05-31-2012 01:18 PM

You're holding the d-pad as you hit X to make the shot? You should notice the point of impact change if you're doing it right (the mark on the ball in the bottom right) - it's also affected by your impact.

depward 05-31-2012 04:59 PM

Starting to get a little antsy. After the live chat we had however long ago, I was feeling good about the game and how they were going to be patching things up. But...

1) Still no patch for NA. Not a huge deal, I suppose... but still.

2) Daily tournament participants finally eclipsed 20k. Is this number for NA only or...?

3) There have now been 300 daily tournaments. I've happily participated & put up a score in each one of them (which is why I believe I'm sitting at #36; there are better players out there but as long as I get in that top 10%, I can match them with gaining 20 points). But I'm starting to get a little fatigued with doing three tourneys a day... especially when the variance of them is so little. Most of the time, we're playing on one of the first two courses with no rules.

4) I enjoyed HSG: Out of Bounds' paid DLC. Some new characters, new course, etc. It's been over three and a half months now with not one DLC item - paid or free. To me, developers should think that time = money. Most of the audience that picked up the game three months ago probably have moved on or aren't playing like they did when they first started playing; it's just the nature of gamers to be a little anxious to always play the newest game they have. By not releasing any kind of DLC, they really missed out on the window of opportunity where they could have gotten more sales.

5) I love the online lobby system & multiplayer but I feel like it's too little too late for graded tournaments. The same ~60ish people will be on and the same ~60ish people will play the tourneys, get up to G0 and be like, "OK Clap Handz, now what?!"

Anyway, I truly love the game - it was the reason why I picked up a Vita in the first place - and I have definitely gotten my money's worth from it. Just becoming a little frustrated with it lately.

BruiserBear 05-31-2012 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=STG;38267577]maybe I am just blind, but where should this "easy" option be?

there is no option menu in the main menu, and the ingame option menu only has, music, caddy, touch and a camera option[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

[QUOTE=HiddenAway;38267709]I believe it's unlocked if you fail a tournament too many times...[/QUOTE]

That's kind of irritating. Do we know how many times you have to fail it?

Because I know damn well I'm going to need an easy option to ever finish those final events.

HiddenAway 05-31-2012 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=depward;38363742]Starting to get a little antsy. After the live chat we had however long ago, I was feeling good about the game and how they were going to be patching things up. But...
[/QUOTE]

I believe that's EU and US since the counter was approaching the 20,000 marker this evening.

I also want to know where this patch is. I'm not heading back online until it appears! That said, the Japanese season ended after 419 rounds :P

Fuzzy 06-01-2012 12:15 AM

[QUOTE=BruiserBear;38368849]I was thinking the same thing.

That's kind of irritating. Do we know how many times you have to fail it?

Because I know damn well I'm going to need an easy option to ever finish those final events.[/QUOTE]I know I never noticed it for a long time so I have no idea how many losses you need. I haven't bothered to turn it on though.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/L8ZERl.jpg[/IMG]

Audioboxer 06-01-2012 12:26 AM

[QUOTE=Number45;38358891]You're holding the d-pad as you hit X to make the shot? You should notice the point of impact change if you're doing it right (the mark on the ball in the bottom right) - it's also affected by your impact.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to get used to it :)

What gauge do you guys prefer to use for hitting the ball? (the circle, or the default bar)

Trying to play around with both to see what I get more perfect shots with.

Number45 06-01-2012 07:46 AM

I use the default advanced (decreasing circle) shot personally. There's a trophy for playing a round with each of them though (you can unlock quite a number of them, which you'll see in the VS matches) so you can gauge how well you get on with them.

HiddenAway 06-01-2012 04:54 PM

Traditional. All the others have the character animations which are distracting.

HiddenAway 06-14-2012 06:44 AM

Double post, sorry :P

Looks like another patch has just been released in Japan. More stability fixes. It looks like they're making sure everything is perfect on the Japanese side before the patch is released in the west (at least I hope that's what it means...)

[url]http://mingol.shihiko.net/?p=521[/url]

Live Free or Die 06-14-2012 07:43 AM

Just ordered this game today. Will be here Friday. :D