• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

addyb

Sort of related as made by the same team but has anyone played everybody's/hot shots tennis? Thinking of buying it. Just don't know if it's worth the £24.99 on the uk store.

Massa

Sort of related as made by the same team but has anyone played everybody's/hot shots tennis? Thinking of buying it. Just don't know if it's worth the £24.99 on the uk store.

It's one of my favorite PSP games, I like it better than Hot Shots Golf personally.

Anno

Is everyone playing in the daily online tourneys? I got to 3rd in yesterday's 18h version. This kind of stuff is going to drive me crazy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I keep losing 3-1. I can't do it!

Crazy greens with tons of slope give me double bogeys!

I spent a LONG time on this challenge. Don't rely solely on your putting skills - on courses with nutty winds and carnival greens, your approach shots are equally as deciding. I know that sunday like a "duh", but make sure you're paying attention to the factors that can help your lies in those shots.

Massa

Good to hear. So you obviously think its worth the money then?

It seems a little pricey, but I think it's worth it.

If you're in doubt you may focus on HSG now while you wait for a sale for Tennis. I think there's a demo available so you may want to give that a go.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SinCe no one joined the last one. This will be the last if no one comes

HOT SHOTS GOLF CAT LOBBY 1

DAY11 TOURNEY 1 - 18 HOLES

Starts in 26 minutes so plenty of time to get ready.

LiquidMetal14

er.. what does day 10 tourney #11 means?

I'm in the lobby now

I can see you sleeping

The days are the numbers on top. The tourney is within those days. It's a sort of way to plan these things.

18 MINUTES TILL TEE TIME

CAT LOBBY 1

DAY 11 GAME 1 - 18 HOLES

LiquidMetal14

my numbers on the top is between 22 - 9

no day 11..

hmmm, can you see the open ones?

Hit square to cycle through open ones, then see the one with like 7 players in it?

Maple Leaf Yamato Only Tour 18H REVERSED

Iy may show different in different regions

got lucky to get no 3 because debreck screw up

edit: man, if only they have some kind of video that show off match highlight inbetween hole. I want to see people's eagle, chip-in or long putt etc..

20 minutes to start is too long!

had fun though....but a real rough start.

i think i mightve rattled my vita on that par 3 that i was .5 away from hio....i shook the shit outta the poor thing trying to get ball in

LiquidMetal14

20 minutes to start is too long!

had fun though....but a real rough start.

i think i mightve rattled my vita on that par 3 that i was .5 away from hio....i shook the shit outta the poor thing trying to get ball in

Sometimes some games have like 1 minute and it's too tight. The other one I made/joined had no one come in even though there was like 6 in the lobby at the time.

LiquidMetal14

I can't imagine playing this on harder course with that time limit. gonna get soo many OB, Sand, Water etc

I'm comfortable enough. It also keeps the games moving at a scheduled pace which is actually welcome. The closest I've come was like 15 seconds left but I had to put the system down to get something for about 20. Otherwise. I go fast anyways. It's good practice.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Doing 3-4 or 3-5 (18 on Harvest Hills) and I'm shooting my best round yet. -5 going into the 13th. Chip-in Eagle on #9. SO awesome...

I'm comfortable enough. It also keeps the games moving at a scheduled pace which is actually welcome. The closest I've come was like 15 seconds left but I had to put the system down to get something for about 20. Otherwise. I go fast anyways. It's good practice.

I don't have problem playing fast on easy course, just can't imagine playing fast on the harder courses. course #5 and #6 is hard. lots of traps, slope etc

are gonna have daily tournament around this time? just wondering. it's 12 midnught in my place right now, a good time for one tournament before going to sleep . :)

Anno

Are you playing in the daily international tournament thing Cal? Seems like a pretty fun thing versus a bunch of people asynchronously

So are the International Daily Tournaments the only asynchronous option? Was kind of hoping to setup games against friends that were async too.

krae_man

Okay, playing the Silver tournaments on the bus is not a good idea. Playing rounds fast so I can finish them before my stop and constantly messing up impact because of the bus vibrating is not helping.

I need to play these slower and put more thought into where I place every shot.

addyb

It seems a little pricey, but I think it's worth it.

If you're in doubt you may focus on HSG now while you wait for a sale for Tennis. I think there's a demo available so you may want to give that a go.

Yeah thanks mate. Will probably pick it up once it drops in price.

addyb

I've read that there will be future dlc containing extra courses, characters etc but also heard there will be game updates that will add more online options. Is this right?

LiquidMetal14

Hey anyone here put a screen protecter on their vita...how much do you use the touch screen for hsg?

I have a protector but never use touch during HSG. It's all 3 pad driven. It reminds me of how good that d-pad really is. I have no other games that use it right now other than HSG though.

Going into CAT LOBBY 1 in a minute.

Duffyside

Banned
I have a protector but never use touch during HSG. It's all 3 pad driven. It reminds me of how good that d-pad really is. I have no other games that use it right now other than HSG though.

Going into CAT LOBBY 1 in a minute.

I don't know if the d-pad is that good on the Vita. On the dual shock it allows for analogue, finesse, small moves. There's some give and some degree to your presses. The Vita's just "clicks" in and out. It seems like a snappy group of four buttons, not a pad.

I don't hate it, but it's not like the PS3's.

Top Bottom