• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

laika09

So I finally cleared Gold rank and watched the credits... there are some insane shots. I really want to try out the rising/homing stuff now.

Can someone explain the homing shot? It's when the ball lands on the green then it starts on fire a goes towards the pin. The computer did it and the game doesnt explain this shit. One of you hotshot pros should make an advance tutorial.

Man, this game is addictive. I actually caught myself doing this when I landed a chip-in.
DataYes.gif

krae_man

Can someone explain the homing shot? It's when the ball lands on the green then it starts on fire a goes towards the pin. The computer did it and the game doesnt explain this shit. One of you hotshot pros should make an advance tutorial.

You have to hit the pin while doing super backspin(press up while selecting power, down while selecting impact, must have perfect impact).

Opposite does rising shot. Doing left and right the same way will do spiral shot.

Notable finishes in the daily tourneys make no sense. If a 20th percentile finish is notable shouldn't an 11th percentile be as well?

Current tourney rank: 87th

Why I can't join any lobby? I went to the PSN store to redeem my online pass and when going online and trying to join a lobby, it tells me that the online lobby is under construction and that service should begin soon.

Any help please, I want to join online matches.

BTW my PSN ID is Shokleeto if anybody wants to add me.

You need to DL the update from the Live Area. It's the u shaped arrow if I remember correctly..

You have to hit the pin while doing super backspin(press up while selecting power, down while selecting impact, must have perfect impact).

Opposite does rising shot. Doing left and right the same way will do spiral shot.

Thank you, finally someone answers me. Going to practice now, you guys are doomed, I'm getting scary good at this game for being my first golf game :) loving it btw

krae_man

Notable finishes in the daily tourneys make no sense. If a 20th percentile finish is notable shouldn't an 11th percentile be as well?

Current tourney rank: 87th

I thought top 25% was a noble finish.

I got noble finishes for mine but I was Top 0.3%, Top 4% and Top 10%

Thank you, finally someone answers me. Going to practice now, you guys are doomed, I'm getting scary good at this game for being my first golf game :) loving it btw

You also need them unlocked. I cant remember what loyalty level you need to do them but it's more then zero.

So I finally cleared Gold rank and watched the credits... there are some insane shots. I really want to try out the rising/homing stuff now.

I don't know if some of those are even possible. Especially the hole in one on the hole with the aqueduct. Even getting you ball to land on it adjusting for wind is hard enough, let alone having the ball do what you want on the other side once it lands on the green.

Gah, just needed a birdie in that last one but went for glory and ended up well out of the placings :(.

Tried to call out to discova but was too late. I saw ya ;)

dantehemi

I haven't been online yet, I'm working my way through the challenges and learning the ropes. I'm having a great time...although it does get frustrating at points.

Add me guys PSN- dantehemi

I'm gonna be online very soon and want some gafers to play with.

I haven't been online yet, I'm working my way through the challenges and learning the ropes. I'm having a great time...although it does get frustrating at points.

Add me guys PSN- dantehemi

I'm gonna be online very soon and want some gafers to play with.

Just sent a friend request. My PSN is plbelanger

irishcow

Does anyone have any advice on how to putt better? I'm not quite understanding how to line up the terrain dots I guess. If I could putt better I would always be under par. Any tips?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have any advice on how to putt better? I'm not quite understanding how to line up the terrain dots I guess. If I could putt better I would always be under par. Any tips?

The little white dots represent the slope, if you see them moving right, then it slopes down to the right. If thats the case, you move your aim to the left of the cup.

The speed at which they move indicates how steep the slope is. If they're moving really fast, the sheer momentum from the the ball moving down that slope could make you overshoot the cup, so you have to compensate by giving less power.

Its all really boils down to how good your judgement is, based on that info.

I've been playing Hots Shots games since the very first one on the PS1, and its become second nature that I barely even think about aim, I just move it until it feels right, then I putt away.

eznark

Banned
The overview button being that tiny, poorly placed select button is super annoying. Other than that, this game is so freaking awesome!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Woo. Ranked 5 for todays Mega Cup tourney with -10.

Anyone up for a tourney btw?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The overview button being that tiny, poorly placed select button is super annoying. Other than that, this game is so freaking awesome!

Hahah yes I use that button so much but it's annoying to press.

Damn can't believe I forgot the Daily Tourneys yesterday.

You're going to get smoked later. First place for the first daily(with mega cup) had -15.
You can't just focus on 1st. That's for Shihiko and dudes who hit 100% perfect impact and do all kinds of crazy shit. :p

depward

Protip: one of the daily tourneys has a +2 Power Shot label. Me, being a tard, thought, "Oh, they're giving you two more power shots!!"

Yeahno.

Still came in 46th after double bogeying the first and second holes before realizing this mistake... so I think a decent amount of people haven't realized it.

depward

What are the daily tournaments?

Three tournaments offered each day. You compete in them and only have one chance to set a score - no pausing + restarting.

You then are ranked against how other people did.

During gameplay, you're able to see the percentage of people that had a bogey, par, birdie, etc. on that hole.

After the day is over, you get points based on how well you placed. And it's a cumulative total.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Loyalty level 3, I believe.

oh good, couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong!

overview as in like an overview of the hole? I've just been using triangle plus up on the dpad, not sure if that's the same thing you're talking about.

Carl

Three tournaments offered each day. You compete in them and only have one chance to set a score - no pausing + restarting.

You then are ranked against how other people did.

During gameplay, you're able to see the percentage of people that had a bogey, par, birdie, etc. on that hole.

After the day is over, you get points based on how well you placed. And it's a cumulative total.

I can 956th on a tourny yesterday... ;D

Protip: one of the daily tourneys has a +2 Power Shot label. Me, being a tard, thought, "Oh, they're giving you two more power shots!!"

Yeahno.

Still came in 46th after double bogeying the first and second holes before realizing this mistake... so I think a decent amount of people haven't realized it.

Yep, I didn't realize it either. I ended up getting 17th. Bogey'd the first one, but thought I was getting a birdie. I realized what was happening and just rocked the rest of the course.

I've had my Vita since Wednesday but haven't opened HSG yet. Plan on trying it out in a few though. Never played the series before but excited to jump into it. When I get the hang of things, I'll be joining these tournaments.

RPG

Man, I love this series and wish there had been a follow-up release on the PS3 to Out of Bounds. Been slowly working my way through the challenges and trying to unlock more stuff for the store. Haven't been too shabby in the Dailies w/ default stuff (generally 30-40%) but definitely need to find my impact timing again because it's killed me on a few of the more difficult holes.

PSN: Starky27

blackflag

No idea what I'm doing cuz I never played hot shots before but it seems fun. Simple but fun, maybe more stuff unlocks. I've only played the first 3 beginner cups and an online invitational thing.

Not sure what I'm doing or missing. Only thing I do is line my shot up where I think it should be based on wind and hit it lol

PSN name = casmith7509

HoTHiTTeR

Just logged in for the first time today... got my tour points from the first 3 dailies I played - currently ranked 255th. 2/3 were top 5% notable finishes and that was w/ shit clubs/balls. Loving this game.

Tangeroo

Currently ranked 15th overall in Tournament play. I swear, whenever I play a random online match, it's with at least 2 or 3 players from the top 10 and they always beat me.

Pagusas

Elden Member
in Open Tee you could find hidden stuff on the course. Is that present in this one too? Also is there any way to get/unlock a new caddie. I hate this bitch.

Top Bottom