• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf / Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational |OT| You're invited too!

Mondriaan

My rule of thumb has been that each notch in the 30 foot putter is good for climbing roughly a 0.25 feet rise in elevation. A drop in elevation of 0.25 feet is good for roughly a notch less power. With the 60 foot putter, it's 0.5 feet of elevation per notch, and with the 90 foot putter, it's about 0.75 feet.

I think someone has already mentioned something similar to that already.

Snowballo

In order to get the CROWN in every courses you've to score more than 2000 points, right?
Is there a list of these crowns or a site that collect stuff related to this game?

Thanks.

Snowballo

Ops.... thanks for the hint.

One question:

Crowns
Beginners Rank
• 1-1: Win with 2000pts or more.
• 1-2: Hit a Rising Shot and Win.
• 1-3: One shot the green on a Par 4 and Win.
• 1-4: Par On Keep/Green in Regulation 100% and Win.
• 1-5: Hit three or more Bogeys and Win.
• Vs. Karen/Cosplay: Get an Eagle and Win.

1-2 means the second course?
I got 2000 points in the first one and got the crown.
Then I just got a star in the second one. I tried to reach 2000 points but I failed (got 1930), so I don't know if getting 2000 points will give me another crown or not :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Was ranked 443 out of about 7000+ yesterday.

There are some definitely good players that have to have better equipment than me.

STG!

Then I just got a star in the second one. I tried to reach 2000 points but I failed (got 1930), so I don't know if getting 2000 points will give me another crown or not :)

The 2000 points for the crown only applies to 1-1, for 1-2, all you need to do is hit a rising shot. :)

froliq

Ops.... thanks for the hint.

One question:

Crowns
Beginners Rank
• 1-1: Win with 2000pts or more.
• 1-2: Hit a Rising Shot and Win.
• 1-3: One shot the green on a Par 4 and Win.
• 1-4: Par On Keep/Green in Regulation 100% and Win.
• 1-5: Hit three or more Bogeys and Win.
• Vs. Karen/Cosplay: Get an Eagle and Win.

Every course only gives 1 crown. The requirement of the first course of the beginner series (1-1) is to get 2000 points. The 2nd course of the beginner series (1-2) has an entirely different requirement to get the crown.

Hope it made sense for you.

rockx4

I was failing bad at Pro using Yamato, but I just unlocked Amy and she's a golfing beast!!!
Finished the first course on pro easy with her :p

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
quick question.

how can you find what unlocks a crown for each challenge? and what does the Triangle and Circle shot do? when it says unlocked?? I can just use those buttons now? or do they effect the ball differently?

thanks!

I cruised into the pro category in the challenges and now I am getting stomped.

quick question.

how can you find what unlocks a crown for each challenge? and what does the Triangle and Circle shot do? when it says unlocked?? I can just use those buttons now? or do they effect the ball differently?

thanks!

I cruised into the pro category in the challenges and now I am getting stomped.

Either use the guide in the OP or you can complete challenge mode, after which, the conditions will be listed at the bottom of each round.

Triangle and Circle are for fine tuning the power of your shot if you get it wrong. Triangle increases the power of your shot slightly, and circle decreases the power of your shot slightly. You press them when setting the impact.

Snowballo

Every course only gives 1 crown. The requirement of the first course of the beginner series (1-1) is to get 2000 points. The 2nd course of the beginner series (1-2) has an entirely different requirement to get the crown.

Hope it made sense for you.

Thanks mates (you both),
I was going crazy getting the 2000 points in the second hole.
Anyway I was looking for a list and I got my answer. I have to check here or complete alla challenges.

Snowballo

Either use the guide in the OP or you can complete challenge mode, after which, the conditions will be listed at the bottom of each round.

Triangle and Circle are for fine tuning the power of your shot if you get it wrong. Triangle increases the power of your shot slightly, and circle decreases the power of your shot slightly. You press them when setting the impact.

Mmm.. interesting.

So let's say you need to reach the hole that is 30 years far and you load the bar up to 35, you can try to "discharge" your shot pressing O when you hit the ball?

AkuMifune

Banned
Beat Stuart last night with Yamato and decided to unlock him as my new character. It was beyond time to switch. Plus, he looks rad with black hair. ;)

Aside from the daily tournaments, I think the game really shines in VS mode, wish there was a way to play that against friends.

see5harp

Beat Stuart last night with Yamato and decided to unlock him as my new character. It was beyond time to switch. Plus, he looks rad with black hair. ;)

Aside from the daily tournaments, I think the game really shines in VS mode, wish there was a way to play that against friends.

You know I expected them to include the lobby stuff as that was the late game addition to the PS3 version. Not having private games with invites is a bit disapointing, especially with party chat finally a possibility.

This will be my next purchase for the Vita. Everybody seems to be having so much fun, and the online-tournaments sound awesome. I have never played the previous Hot Shot Golf -games, but I did play this online-golf game called Pangya for probably hundreds of hours some years back. I have never been a fan of golf as a sport, nor as a serious "simulation" ( like the Tiger Woods -franchise ), but as a casual time-waster ( which Pangya was ), it has no equal.

krae_man

I don't really play much online. Taking almost an hour to play one tournament is not really my cup of tea. That's why I love the dailies.

DSmalls84

What are the swing mechanics like in this game? Does it use some form of analog stick control or is it based on meters and pressing a button at the right time? Seems like a lot of fun but have never played any of the series before.

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member

thanks for the answers!

padlock

Also pay attention to your control stat. It's probably the most important stat. Try and keep it a B at the absolute lowest when picking a character ball and club combonation. I always make sure it is a B at the absolute lowest when picking a character, ball and club combonation.

So what exactly does the Control stat do? It's the only one I don't understand.

krae_man

So what exactly does the Control stat do? It's the only one I don't understand.

Control effects how good your character is at hitting the ball where you tell them to. Say the onscreen display says your tee shot will go 260 yards and land smack dab in the middle of the fairway. Your control stat effects how close to that spot your ball will actually land. Good control: it will land right there. Bad Control: could land 5 yards to the left or right of the spot. This is of course not factoring in slope, wind, spin on the ball etc.

It's especially import with short chips. A few yards left to right doesn't make much of a difference on a Tee Shot, but inches make a difference with short chips.

Also with a good control stat, if you mess up impact your ball won't go off course as much.

It also might have an impact on % range of shots but I haven't paid much attention to that to know for sure.

see5harp

I don't really play much online. Taking almost an hour to play one tournament is not really my cup of tea. That's why I love the dailies.

Yea, it's a bit ridiculous with all of the waiting. That's why I would prefer a private game with people I know. The party host could set the rules, shot timers, stuff like that.

Yea, it's a bit ridiculous with all of the waiting. That's why I would prefer a private game with people I know. The party host could set the rules, shot timers, stuff like that.

Just enter the tournaments with a fast timer - get done with your hole and usually only have to wait 15-20 seconds on average.

krae_man

Just enter the tournaments with a fast timer - get done with your hole and usually only have to wait 15-20 seconds on average.

There's not enough people online to enter the tournaments you want. you have to enter what everyone else joins, otherwise you'll be playing by yourself. You're lucky if you have a choice of two tournaments with at least 10 people in them.

see5harp

I mean waiting for the tournament to start. The waiting after each hole. I still don't understand why they set up 40 servers when at the very most 1 or 2 rooms will be full. They did the same thing with the PS3 version months after release and I don't think more than a handful of rooms were ever filled.

padlock

Control effects how good your character is at hitting the ball where you tell them to. Say the onscreen display says your tee shot will go 260 yards and land smack dab in the middle of the fairway. Your control stat effects how close to that spot your ball will actually land. Good control: it will land right there. Bad Control: could land 5 yards to the left or right of the spot. This is of course not factoring in slope, wind, spin on the ball etc.

It's especially import with short chips. A few yards left to right doesn't make much of a difference on a Tee Shot, but inches make a difference with short chips.

Also with a good control stat, if you mess up impact your ball won't go off course as much.

It also might have an impact on % range of shots but I haven't paid much attention to that to know for sure.

Thanks for the awesome explanation. It definately sounds like an important stat.

krae_man

Thanks for the awesome explanation. It definately sounds like an important stat.

It's the most important one. The 3 characters I have left to max the loyalty of all have the worst Control stats and oh my god I can't even sink a 10 yard chip with a mega cup.

AkuMifune

Banned
I just spent 3 hours trying to win the first Silver level tournament and kept messing it up on the 9th hole. When this game doesn't cut you any breaks it's just fucking brutal.

Back at it later though!

Lé Blade Runner;35651300 said:
This will be my next purchase for the Vita. Everybody seems to be having so much fun, and the online-tournaments sound awesome. I have never played the previous Hot Shot Golf -games, but I did play this online-golf game called Pangya for probably hundreds of hours some years back. I have never been a fan of golf as a sport, nor as a serious "simulation" ( like the Tiger Woods -franchise ), but as a casual time-waster ( which Pangya was ), it has no equal.

Same here....I really got no idea what is going on in a golf game ( Bogey, Par ...it all means nothing to me ...facepalm... ), but I used to play Leaderboard Golf on my C64. Sweet memories :D

A real funny "review" ( well in my opinion, because I really like this guys sense of humour ) and the vid which made wanna own the game is this video General the Destroyer Hots Shots Golf Vita Gameplay HD

Bumhead

Banned
I absolutely love this game. It's so addictive. Wipeout 2048 sold me on the system (and I'm a huge Wipeout fan since the very first one) but I'm investing much more time into Everybody's Golf right now.

That said, I'm really bad at it. Like.. really bad. I'm still only competing in the bottom two difficulty brackets so far but the Amateur tournaments are kicking my ass, although (just like real Golf) I find stepping away from it for a short while and going back to it gives me more success, and I learn more about how the game generally works every time I play it.

How does unlocking new clubs and balls work in this game? I only have 3 characters available right now and only beginner ball and club options, but look forward to unlocking more so I can further tweak my character stats etc. Is it a case of grinding or do you have to reach certain levels and tournaments to start unlocking the good stuff?

see5harp

It's basically grinding. New clubs and balls will help with distance. Some of the characters are better than others but I find that once you are good and the game and have level 3 equiplement, it really doesn't matter who you use.

depward

Two crowns away. I'm getting trolled so hard by the "play 18 holes and birdie the last hole" one. My +3 total is getting beat by one comeback AI player every. Time.

Number45

Well chuffed with the outcome of my first daily attempt. ^_^
EOtO9.jpg

finally getting back to hot shots golf. completely skipped the psp versions and was too cheap to get the ps3 version. im excited. please add me to the gaffer list:

panama_chief

depward

Two crowns away. I'm getting trolled so hard by the "play 18 holes and birdie the last hole" one. My +3 total is getting beat by one comeback AI player every. Time.

Bwahaha! After hitting a -5 and NOT putting up a birdie on hole 18, my +1 tie but scoring edge win with a birdie on the last hole helped me get that crown. Wooooo

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
4-2 made me rage quit earlier. Stupid water and sand holes.

addyb

I've done poor on the last 2 days worth of dailys. I seem to rush too much and don't put any thought into my shots as if I'm a god at the game and will birdie/eagle every hole without trying. Ah well you live and learn.

Correction I didn't do Thursdays tournies as I'd just come out of hospital following an op on my kidney. Would that explain the drop of 117 places? I take it it's worth doing them every day if only to keep your rank at a sustained level and maybe improve dependant on scores.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can someone explain the concept of spin and how you would do them? Do you use the D-pad or the analog stick when trying to do them? Do you use them to control the direction of your shot?

depward

Can someone explain the concept of spin and how you would do them? Do you use the D-pad or the analog stick when trying to do them? Do you use them to control the direction of your shot?

I use spin to control the ball in the air and how it will react on the ground. I exclusively use the dpad.

Think of two stages of adding spin to the ball during your shot:

1) when you're setting the power
2) when you're setting the accuracy

Holding down during both means your club hits lower in the ball. This causes the ball to travel higher and a tab bit shorter. When it hits the ground, it won't roll as much as a normal hit.

Top spin means holding up during both phases. This makes the ball fly lower in the air... But when the ball hits the ground, it will roll father (as the ball is rotating forward).

Side spin is used by holding left or right. This influences the flight of the call, as it will do a side curve in the air.

To maximize the spin, you do the opposite during the first phase then the spin you want during the second. Say you want a lot of backspin - during the first phase, you hold up... And the second phase hold down. This is super backspin and the ball with have more backwards rotation than normal backspin. Same for top spin and side spin.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I use spin to control the ball in the air and how it will react on the ground. I exclusively use the dpad.

Think of two stages of adding spin to the ball during your shot:

1) when you're setting the power
2) when you're setting the accuracy

Holding down during both means your club hits lower in the ball. This causes the ball to travel higher and a tab bit shorter. When it hits the ground, it won't roll as much as a normal hit.

Top spin means holding up during both phases. This makes the ball fly lower in the air... But when the ball hits the ground, it will roll father (as the ball is rotating forward).

Side spin is used by holding left or right. This influences the flight of the call, as it will do a side curve in the air.

To maximize the spin, you do the opposite during the first phase then the spin you want during the second. Say you want a lot of backspin - during the first phase, you hold up... And the second phase hold down. This is super backspin and the ball with have more backwards rotation than normal backspin. Same for top spin and side spin.

So, basically, you have to hold down the direction for the spin you want during the entire swing meter mechanic?
And the spin and sidespin stats effect the effectiveness of your ability to make those hits?

spats

I can't get past the pro events, I get slaughtered. Sucked all the fun out of the game for me.

Sometimes it feels like the game was designed by satan himself, the difficulty is just too much for me.

addyb

Are these 18 hole tournaments your entering? Just wondering as I've just been doing 9 holers and they take around 25 mins from my experience. Say I enter a game at 9:15. I'm done for 9:40 so I can quickly book the 9:45 one.

Top Bottom