• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3D demo on eShop this week

Loudninja

Oh shit, son. I'm getting the game regardless, but it'll be nice to try out the demo, anyway. Nice to hear that the CCP works with it, too.

Desiato

The Japanese demo was shit (framerate problems, 3D effect disappearing completely at the bridge, textures, ...), so if it's the same one, don't get your hopes up. I really hope they'll fix these problems by the time of release.

Nibel

Nice - I need to see the game on my 3DS to judge it. I just hope they fixed those horrible framerate issues. Wondering how it controls..

I like this I like this a lot. keep it up Nintendo. Though word of advice - make the option to download a demo a bit more obvious.

After the good vote of Edge I'm really curious to try it.

As I see it, the game should still be as amazing as it ever has been, but if the framerate is as bad as it was in the e3-GC demo, then it's merely playable at times.
In my time with that demo you could count the frames at times. When you have a framerate around 15 to 5 frames per second...

Maybe they cleaned that up for the final release.

faridmon

After the EDGE review, I am actually curious how it is. I don't have a 3DS so this could be the one that could tip me over, as I reckon is MGS3 is one of the finest games ever made.

haikira

Despite being a fan of the series. I really was relying on the demo before i made up my mind. So good news.

I just got the HD collection which takes away the desire a little. I was also doubtful of how it'll run on the 3DS, so it'll be nice to see it hands on. But i will say. Resident Evil Revelations really impressed me when it came to what the handheld can do.

@MUWANdo

Banned
sorry, I wasn't really following much, but wasn't there a list of games Nintendo planned to have a demo on the eShop? so Kid Icarus was not included there?

Both regions rattled off the names of a few demos they intended to release in the near future, Kid Icarus wasn't on either of 'em. That being said, I'd be very surprised if it didn't happen.

I have mg2 and 3 in my backlog.. ;__; (along with about 50 other ps2 games)

Though if the demo can sell it to me, I might put off everything else to quickly run through 2 and get this... especially after the RE demo was so good...

Alright guys, so I am picking up my 3DS tonight, getting it second hand for an absolute steal, guys says its brand new in box.Hopefully Its legit and I don't get stabbed, anyways so I wanna pick up a game to break it in with ,and I'm thinking this should be my first experience ,would I be right?

This is my favorite game of all time but I don't think I'll pick up the 3DS version. I just bought the HD Collection and I might re-buy it on the Vita so I just can't find a single reason to pick up the 3D version. Not to mention the fact that I own the PS2 game twice as it is...

Conor 419

Banned
Alright guys, so I am picking up my 3DS tonight, getting it second hand for an absolute steal, guys says its brand new in box.Hopefully Its legit and I don't get stabbed, anyways so I wanna pick up a game to break it in with ,and I'm thinking this should be my first experience ,would I be right?

If you haven't played it before then yeah, this'd be a nice start.

jokkir

It is the TGS build with CPP support, according to JGAF.

Edit: Maybe not? Sounds like the JP demo didn't have CPP support?

It doesn't? I swear I saw a video on YouTube someone playing the Japanese demo and saw some option for the CPP. I cant link right now though because I'm on my phone

@MUWANdo

Banned
It is the TGS build with CPP support, according to JGAF.

Edit: Maybe not? Sounds like the JP demo didn't have CPP support?

It's similar to the Revelations demo in that it's an improved version of a tradeshow demo (don't remember which, TGS sounds about right) based on a newer build - the contents the same, but it should ostensibly look/run better than the game people played on the show floor.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What unfortunate timing. The demo is releasing the day after I pick up a Vita. :\

I've also been playing MGS3 again on PS3 at 60 fps so this is going to be interesting. I'm genuinely curious to see how the port has turned out, however.

Top Bottom