• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall: 15 maps at launch (?), perk lists, game modes, Map Photos, ahoy!

Amir0x

Banned
Man the OP is exhaustive now, pretty sure I got everything RazorUK posted

man thanks, now we know what we're getting if we buy Titanfall :D

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
CBOAT said 16 maps, right? So he was close but obviously that "leak" was wrong anyways.

Here is the enum for the Maps.

Code:
enum eMaps {
	invalid = -1,
	mp_lobby,
	mp_fracture,
	mp_nexus,
	mp_overlook,
	mp_airbase,
	mp_outpost_207,
	mp_corporate,
	mp_boneyard,
	mp_runoff,
	mp_angel_city,
	mp_lagoon,
	mp_02,
	mp_scorch,
	mp_smugglers_cove,
	mp_rise,
	mp_relic,
	mp_colony,
	mp_training_ground,
	mp_npe,
};

mp_lobby is the menu/lobby.
mp_npe is the training simulator content.

The interesting thing is mp_runoff and mp_scorch maps. Other than being in this enum, they are not used at all.
All other maps have scripts, dialog, names, descriptions, lobby images etc but these 2 maps have nothing.

Code:
enum eMaps {
	invalid = -1,
	mp_lobby,
	mp_fracture,
	mp_nexus,
	mp_overlook,
	mp_airbase,
	mp_outpost_207,
	mp_corporate,
	mp_boneyard,
	mp_runoff,
	mp_angel_city,
	mp_lagoon,
	mp_02,
	mp_scorch,
	mp_smugglers_cove,
	mp_rise,
	mp_relic,
	mp_colony,
	mp_training_ground,
	mp_npe,
};

The interesting thing is mp_runoff and mp_scorch maps. Other than being in this enum, they are not used at all.
All other maps have scripts, dialog, names, descriptions, lobby images etc but these 2 maps have nothing.

Interesting. Not including Training Ground, that gets us to 16.

Nokterian

Code:
enum eMaps {
	invalid = -1,
	mp_lobby,
	mp_fracture,
	mp_nexus,
	mp_overlook,
	mp_airbase,
	mp_outpost_207,
	mp_corporate,
	mp_boneyard,
	mp_runoff,
	mp_angel_city,
	mp_lagoon,
	mp_02,
	mp_scorch,
	mp_smugglers_cove,
	mp_rise,
	mp_relic,
	mp_colony,
	mp_training_ground,
	mp_npe,
};

Congratz on the tag well deserved pilot! And the avatar matches it also.

RazorUK

I've wanted to post something like this and I felt now is a good time to do so.

With leaking the information I have had a responsibility to ensure what I was posting was correct. Posting misleading or false information could cause a lot of harm to Respawn, especially if players start expecting to see content that won't be there. I have unfortunately posted some information about content that was most likely unfinished and not going to make it into the final game.

I had no intentions to dig very deep into the game data to begin with. I randomly opened one of the files in a hex program and searched a map name. Just like that, I had all the map tags. Once this topic was created with the map tags, things started to kick off and I got really interested in exploring the data.
I do regret how I handled some things, especially early on in the 'leaking' process. To start with I was just looking through the hex data for weapon model names, perk tags and then just posted them as I found them, without regard for whether they were even finished/going to be in the game.

I did improve my methods, as you've seen, by modifying the game to load the data directly into the beta game menu. I also have a better understanding of how some of the systems work and can check content easier. Even so, many gaming sites posted and used the old/incorrect information.
I'm fairly confident and satisfied with the content that has been posted in the first post now.
Everyone has to remember that any of the content that has been posted could be altered or removed by Respawn before release. They could decide that an item or kit does not fit well enough into the game balance and remove it before the public gets their hands on it. We were not meant to be seeing this stuff.

This might sound funny to say after leaking all this content, but I would like to apologize to Respawn for any inconvenience these leaks have caused. It's obviously very likely that with the Beta coming to an end that Respawn would be ramping up the advertising and reveals before the March release. I didn't leak content with any malicious intent. I loved the Beta and was excited and eager to learn more about the game. I got pretty carried away in the end.

I, like most people who played the Beta, will be getting the game on release. I haven't had this much fun with an online shooter in a very long time.

Oh please, make Pilot mode more competitive by locking classes and distributing weapons/burncards around the map as pickups. It's just perfect for this game

ascully

Does anyone have any idea how large the download will be for the game? On a data cap here and want to make sure I have enough for the download.

Amir0x

Banned
Just finished updating everything as per Razor's request.

Again, you've done the gaming community a great service. It's admirable (not to mention humble) that you feel the need to apologize to them, but as always it's not your responsibility to keep those secrets safe as long as you didn't sign an NDA. I'm sure you know that and it's probably part of why you decided it was OK in the end, but it need to be emphasized. What you did for the community is really great stuff.

Freki

Any idea what the deal with the release dates is - 11th for NA and 13th for the EU - do we really have to wait 2 days or can this be bypassed?

Massa

Any idea what the deal with the release dates is - 11th for NA and 13th for the EU - do we really have to wait 2 days or can this be bypassed?

You could buy it on US PSN.

Edit: sorry, thought this was a Dark Souls 2 topic. :p

15 maps at launch. wow, that's huge. plus there will probably be a dozen more with map packs. game will have a ton of replay value. early contender for goty

Woo-Fu

Banned
That pic of you know what doesn't prove anything. There are also some fairly large ships flying around in the beta that we didn't get to interact with at all. I think they'll be putting out a lot more info between now and release. Basically a 1-2 punch with the beta. "Hey guys, you liked the core gameplay, now check out everything else the game is going to have."

TheOddOne

Someone was teasing images from the OT in this thread I believe or another Titanfall topic, but I forget his name. I'm too lazy to look through this topic to find it haha
I always wonder what the guy with the Master Chief eating popcorn avatar is up to. He sounds like a jerk.

CryptiK

So according to IGN podcast there might be 10 game modes?

Team Deathmatch
Capture The Titan
Capture The Flag
Hardpoint
Attrition
Uplink
Last Titan Standing
Exfilration
Elimination
ATDM

from the book they had.

Krilekk

Banned

Team Deathmatch
Capture The Titan
Capture The Flag
Hardpoint
Attrition
Uplink
Last Titan Standing
Exfilration
Elimination
ATDM

from the book they had.

I don't think any mode will beat Hardpoint.

RazorUK

Team Deathmatch
Capture The Titan
Capture The Flag
Hardpoint
Attrition
Uplink
Last Titan Standing
Exfilration
Elimination
ATDM

from the book they had.

Those are what I leaked originally but have since removed them from the first post. I believe IGN were mentioning them based on my leak and not from the book (I'll have to check their podcast).

As I mentioned above, this is the harm that can happen when unfinished/concept content gets leaked. Very misleading and people think it is in the game at launch.

CryptiK

Those are what I leaked originally but have since removed them from the first post. I believe IGN were mentioning them based on my leak and not from the book (I'll have to check their podcast).

As I mentioned above, this is the harm that can happen when unfinished/concept content gets leaked. Very misleading and people think it is in the game at launch.
Ah I didnt see them in the OP so I thought it was new. Welcome the new DLC game modes I guess.

RazorUK

Ah I didnt see them in the OP so I thought it was new. Welcome the new DLC game modes I guess.

I'm listening to the IGN podcast now and the way they spoke about the game types did suggest they got it from the book but I don't think that's the case as you quoted the exact words I typed.
Where did you get the names of the game types from? I can't seem to find the article on ign with them.

CryptiK

I'm listening to the IGN podcast now and the way they spoke about the game types did suggest they got it from the book but I don't think that's the case as you quoted the exact words I typed.
Where did you get the names of the game types from? I can't seem to find the article on ign with them.

Another forum.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if this has been asked already, but do we know if the beta assets in terms of texture resolution and graphics in general are final ? Even though it's not really the best looking game there is, I dig the overall ambiance and tone of the game. It's just clear, simple and very effective. Just wish it'd be more detailed

Loved the beta, can't wait for the full game.

Raide

Sorry if this has been asked already, but do we know if the beta assets in terms of texture resolution and graphics in general are final ? Even though it's not really the best looking game there is, I dig the overall ambiance and tone of the game. It's just clear, simple and very effective. Just wish it'd be more detailed

Loved the beta, can't wait for the full game.

I would think it was the final quality but performance tweaks can still happen before and after the game launches. Between MS system tweaks/updates and anything Respawn does, I am sure performance has a good chance of getting better.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
I would think it was the final quality but performance tweaks can still happen before and after the game launches. Between MS system tweaks/updates and anything Respawn does, I am sure performance has a good chance of getting better.

Yeah, perfs wise there sure is some room for improvement and final could be better. But graphics wise, I dunno I'm not sure. I was looking at the first trailers and all and it looked just better overall, less static, especially the lighting but that beta might just have final assets. Especially since they seem pretty quiet on it and even insisted on the fact that "speed" and smoothness is king (which is true and a smart thing to say). So it's not the biggest of deals for this game as the gameplay simply trumps all, but damn would that be lovely to have that same pure fun in its full glory with an extra visual "oomph" :)

monome

I played Halo 3 and Reach Beta, and neither is worth a damn compared to the fuckton of fun I've just had...

Titanfall -> MP fix
Destiny -> co-op fix
Halo -> SP fix

this is gonna be a good year for the Sci-Fi FPS crowd :)

RazorUK

Here is some information about Titanfall's 'prestige' system. Prestiging in the game is regarded as 'Regenerating'.

Max level is set to 14 in the beta files. However Level 50 is the max level in the final game.
There are 10 generation ranks. I believe generation 1 is what you start the game with.
Here is some of the menu text taken from the beta:

Take me to generation [next level].

Warning! You will lose all that you have unlocked and be reset to level 1. All challenges will be reset. However, you will earn XP at an accelerated rate of [XP RATE] as a [NEXT GEN NUMERIC] gen Pilot. You will retain your Burn Card collection, and the Ogre and Stryder Titans if you unlocked them. You will get a unique chip indicating to others your Gen status.

Years of battle have taken their toll. We can regenerate you... at a cost.
Your body can be restored. But your memory and your experience...all will be lost.
When you awaken you will respawn a [next level] generation Pilot.
You will be better, sharper, acquiring experience even faster than before.

Are you sure?
I'm sure

Are you really sure?
Yes positive!

Would you like to go to the next gen?
Take me to next gen!

Generation numerics:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th

Pictures of generations:

gen_icons.png

edit - EXP Rate values: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101776097&postcount=1085

edit 2 - Challenges required to reach next generation: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101753081&postcount=1047

Milennia

Here is some information about Titanfall's 'prestige' system. Prestiging in the game is regarded as 'Regenerating'.

There are 50 levels and 10 generation ranks.
Here is some of the menu text taken from the beta:

fucking called it.
50 levels and artificial levels.
exactly like COD.

however i like the prestige system to an extent (i love leveling in shooters) so well see how it plays out.

(damn they even have the EXACT levels needed to prestige as well as the amount of times you can prestige from COD, so weird)

it looks like they reset you to 1 just like COD, however.. you lose everything and instead gain experience faster, like new game plus or something.
i wonder if you at least get a symbol next to your name like COD.

RazorUK

fucking called it.

i wonder if you at lest get a symbol next to your name like COD.

Yeah there are icons for each generation that display next to your name. I'll look at them but not sure I'll post them... yet.

Kydd BlaZe

awesome, thanks for clarifying.
shaping up to be my perfect shooter.
Yeah, after spending time with this beta, I can say that Titanfall has potential to be my favorite game of all time. I don't think I've ever had this much fun with just a beta.

RazorUK

I should clarify that there being '50' levels is my assumption. The max level is set to 14 in the beta files but if we go by the level unlock progression, the last item is at level 49 so that would suggest max is level 50 to me.

I've got all the 'prestige' images now. I might post them later.

Top Bottom