• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Magazine: Halo 5 Confirmed for 2014?

Prologue

There goes Halo 2 anniversary who knows what to believe anymore.

MS definitely needs a system seller though this holiday season.

hohoXD123

From the site:
image_38752_fit_940.jpg

There goes Halo 2 anniversary who knows what to believe anymore.

MS definitely needs a system seller though this holiday season.

Halo 5 + $399 X1 this Holiday would be pretty huge imo. It's the reason why I've always been very doubtful of the H2A rumors. They need Halo 5 this year, not next. A $399 Halo 5 bundle would at least least let them compete directly with the PS4 and maybe even inch ahead for the Holidays.

bidguy

Banned
they are just assuming people. its not confirmed in any way

When we get to play is even more nebulous. While Microsoft considers it a 2014 title, later rumors suggested that this might refer to a beta rather than the final game.

theres a few new artwork images in it but nothing else

I never trust OXM when it comes to their magazine features. They also put bullshit "exclusive preview!!" or some eye catcher on the cover only for it to be absolutely nothing new.

Fracas

#fuckonami
We've talked about it in the Halo thread. The magazine doesn't add anything new or even hint at a 2014 Halo 5 release.

wwm0nkey

Someone said they got the magazine and all it was was some concept art and other things. NOTHING about it hitting this year at all.

DR3AM

343i and MS said this year (first trailer, nothing since) and cboat said next year.

who do we trust more?

I'm doubtful. I was sure that Microsoft's rotation was going to work like this:

2014: Halo 2 Anniversary & Fable Anniversary

2015: Halo 5

2016: Gears of War 5 & Forza 6

It could still work

2014: Forza H2, Halo 5, QB, SO
2015: Halo 2A, Forza 6, Fable Legends
2016: Gears, Forza H3, Halo Collection?, Crackdown, Platinum Games (that is if ntkrl was legit which I'm starting to think he wasn't).

Bsigg12

343i and MS said this year (first trailer, nothing since) and cboat said next year.

who do we trust more?

All Microsoft and 343 have said is your Halo journey continues in 2014. They never gave any indication of Halo 5 releasing this year though.

Prologue

As much as I would want Halo 2 Anniversary and would actually pick up the system for, I find it hard to believe it would come out this year. Halo 5 would just cannibalize the online player base next year. Thats why Halo Anniversary didn't have a online component, so that players can would play Reach.

not sure how he would know but a district manger from gamestop
told me twice to expect a halo 5 console this year
and said he would hold 2 for me
yeah I buy for other people

Sai-kun

Banned
It could still work

2014: Forza H2, Halo 5, QB, SO
2015: Halo 2A, Forza 6, Fable Legends
2016: Gears, Forza H3, Halo Collection?, Crackdown, Platinum Games (that is if ntkrl was legit which I'm starting to think he wasn't).

Why would Halo 2 Anniversary be 11 years after the game came out, not 10?

not sure how he would know but a district manger from gamestop
told me twice to expect a halo 5 console this year
and said he would hold 2 for me
yeah I buy for other people

He most likely wouldn't know. I worked there for more than 5 years and all the district managers I had never knew jack outside of what was officially announced.

Portugeezer

I am not convinced. Even when it was assumed to be 2014, that always felt too soon. Although 2 year development is common, for a new console I expect a bit longer.

$349 White Xbone, and Halo 5 releasing this year - That is the only way I see myself getting one this year.

At $349, I'd definitely jump in this year. $399 is good, but I'm not paying the same price as a PS4. Do it MS!

Why would Halo 2 Anniversary be 11 years after the game came out, not 10?

He most likely wouldn't know. I worked there for more than 5 years and all the district managers I had never knew jack.

It could be called Halo 2 HD or something, not necessarily Anniversary. Who knows.

Prologue

All Microsoft and 343 have said is your Halo journey continues in 2014. They never gave any indication of Halo 5 releasing this year though.

Like I said in the other thread, the trailer showed Chief, a forerunner/tech thing and Cortana's lifeless chip. And immediately after the video that young women came on stage and said that halo 5 will be 1080p/60 fps. If it looks like a dog, smells like a dog and barks like one, you can't just tell me its a giraffe. They wanted people to think it was Halo 5 to try and gain sales that holiday season.

My attitude would be very different if they just released a Haloish video and said that we will enjoy the halo universe again soon on next gen.

Top Bottom