• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Seiken Densetsu: Rise of Mana for smartphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goli

F2P with item purchases. Up to 8 players at once.
The main character falls from the heavens and apparently can take up either an angel or a demon form. The game takes place in "Miste", where you can buy weapons and train a demon pet. 3 weapon types: sword, spear and bow.
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-11781955676.html

iJG9zBi.png

Bow before your smartphone overlords.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kill me.

Also, I'm surprised Duckychan didn't make this thread.

Arzehn

I mean, we all knew it but it's still just really sad. Wish people didn't buy this stuff, but what can ya do. (sigh)

fedexpeon

Banned
My reaction: ... Seiken Densetsu: Rise of Mana... OMG IT HAS BEEN SO LONG, MUST REPLY WITH HYPE ...on smartphone ... Welp, SoM is dead.

Alric

At least you put smarthphones in the title as to not have people come in here with false hopes only to have the crushed.

I'm looking forward to seeing what freemium models SE will employ for future Final Fantasy titles. Hopefully we'll be able to buy more than just outfits for Lightning!

Marcel

notlikethis.jpg

Just like Breath of Fire VI. Who asks for this stuff?

Nobody really "asks" for it, but their target audience still make IAPs because they don't really care that it's a mobile game. Square-Enix doesn't care in general either. Apathy all around is paying some of the bills.

Aeana

Ishii left SE so the chances of getting a decent Seiken Densetsu game are slim to none even if it was on a more traditional platform. Although, some of the most recent crappy ones were on his watch too, so maybe there was no chance whatsoever.

I clicked on this thread the moment I read "Seiken Densetsu" and then watched in horror as I read the rest of the title as the page loaded. Not because I was surprised it was for mobile, mind, but because I can't believe I fell for Square-Enix's stupid tactics.

Bad Square-Enix.

fates

Eh, the series was on a downward spiral since Legend. Not too much a loss.

That said, anyone know what the deal with Seiken Densetsu 3 is? It's like one of the only big Super Famicom Squarsoft games that is limbo or something. No ports or anything.

Takao

Banned
I like how Sinobi starts off the post discussing the speculation of it being a PS3, 3DS, or even a Vita game before crushing dreams.

Goli

FWIW SE's games on iOS/Android like Guardian/Deadman's Cross or Guns N' Souls that are F2P with micro transactions tend to be super well balanced in my opinion, so I'm actually really looking forward to this. Now, back to negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom