• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Glorias

I don't understand all the hate on the visuals of MKWii. It looks fine in motion (look at the IGN videos from a couple of days ago), that's all I really care for.

Lobster

Banned
speed-racer-wii_01.jpg

Speedracer looks fucking great!

Its nice to know that a good developer is behind it too!

Avrum

Some of those WeSki shots actually look pretty nice. It's just when you're close to things that it gets really out of whack such as with flat textures and those pathetic N64 like tree models. I know it's not exactly a big budget title or anything...whatever gets the job done though I suppose as apparently for what it is the game works well enough.

Lobster

Banned
I don't see whats wrong with Deca Sports graphics?

It already looks better than Wii Sports and thats what it basically is.. Wii Sports 2.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Mario Kart Wii

1. I hope the US gets this non-wheel box art either in the box (or sold w/o the dumbass wheel).

2. Please observe the much-bitched about Bowser model (1st pic). This looks much better than any other pic I'm seeing right now. What's up with that?

180.jpg

222.jpg

223.jpg

224.jpg

225.jpg

226.jpg

227.jpg

228.jpg

229.jpg

230.jpg

231.jpg

PantherLotus said:
I hope the US gets this non-wheel box art either in the box

Well, so far the only NoA title to have a bonus peripheral tossed in (Wii Play) had the actual game case in it, so I'd wager Mario Kart will have the full case as well. For Wii Sports and Link's Crossbow Training, both were bonus pieces of software sold as part of an accessory release, hence the lack of priority in putting in a game case, I figure.

Family Ski looks good. de Blob looks awesome. Mario Kart will be a blast, I want it today. Boom Blox looks like a total buy. Deca Sporta, no (but not because of the screenshots...it's the gameplay vids that turn me off, soccer especially).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Lompos

(wiiware)

At some point I'm going to have to decide (or you) on what exactly does not belong in this thread. I've already stopped posting Destineer games. I will not be posting all 2000 Wiiware games in this already eye-destroying thread. If you see a game that you absolutely MUST show the rest of us but I haven't already covered, be my fucking guest.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Polari

Bomberman looks fuck awesome. WiiWare?

On that note, do we know when WiiWare is launching in Europe/Australia/New Zealand?

Lobster

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Animal Panic

(Wiiware)

AAAaannd this is how Konami supports the Wii. It's a test!!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

I hope you guys dissing this game know how it plays..

This games formula is so damn addictive! Chuck on some leaderboards and im fucking there!

dock

PantherLotus said:
This looks great, probably the best looking 3D Bomberman to date. Interesting that it uses circle shadows during multiplayer, but realtime shadows in single player. Also, great to see eight player mode - I assume it will use the gamecube controllers for players 5-8. I can't wait!

Saoh

holy fuck i want Bomberman!!! and Space Invaders! :D :D

and i wanted SSR ´till i found out it´s a 5mins trial or something like that.

dock

Oh crap.... this Bomberman is from the boxed version? I was hoping it was the downloadable version. So confusing that there is two versions coming out.

Terrell

dock UK said:
Oh crap.... this Bomberman is from the boxed version? I was hoping it was the downloadable version. So confusing that there is two versions coming out.
Actually, according to what I saw from Japanese magazines, these pics are from the WiiWare version. The article next to these same pictures describes the information we found in the thread from the Hudson rep, specifically mentions of the "My First Bomberman" mode.

EDIT: Oops, my bad, all this Bomberman deluge seems to have melded together in my head. But it would be ODD to have a retail and WiiWare game come out so close together.

Innotech

Banned
Ive decided that We Ski is a fucking brilliant little idea and I must have it.
Seriously, it looks fun as hell for such a simple balance board concept.

Arde5643

Innotech said:
Ive decided that We Ski is a fucking brilliant little idea and I must have it.
Seriously, it looks fun as hell for such a simple balance board concept.
Both bomberman and We Ski look fucking ace.

Bomberman online 8 FFA or 4v4 teams or even 2v2v2v2 teams? I'm so in, baby.
Sad about the lack of voice-chat since that game will induce so many bitter sore losers. :lol

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ferrari Challenge

1. So...are there only ferraris in this game?
2. W/o videos, these screens make me think mid-level PS2 work.
3. I realize that Gran Turismo is the biggest, best, and most awesome realistic driving sim ever created and it takes years and years for each one to put together, but...really? Is this the first realistic driving experience for the Wii?
4. Really?

Click on everything.

Top Bottom