• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox inviting Xbox Members to test out the March Update (don't beg for invites)

Prine

Banned
Was in a rush this morning, but I did see my power brick was orange. Can't wait to try when I get home.

Browsing reddit I've seen some more updates with the patch. You can now choose how much you want your volume to increase/decrease when you say "Xbox Volume Up/Down" as well as..

Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss!!!

Fueyfu

Neo Member
Can someone please invite me, GT: Fuey fu many thanks, really needing the surround sound update, thanks again.

zebwinz

Just updated both my controllers, only took about 30 seconds each. Just go to System and there is an Update Controller option. Everything seems much snappier (no pun intended!) The friends app is pretty spot on too. It's amazing how big a difference having friends online status in the center row of the screen, with the activity feed off to the right now. Makes alot more sense.

Hands down my favorite unsung feature of this update though:

BhaBC-PCcAA7F3d.jpg

Just updated both my controllers, only took about 30 seconds each. Just go to System and there is an Update Controller option. Everything seems much snappier (no pun intended!) The friends app is pretty spot on too. It's amazing how big a difference having friends online status in the center row of the screen, with the activity feed off to the right now. Makes alot more sense.

BhaBC-PCcAA7F3d.jpg

Another huge update! Man MS is bringing it with this update.

Lima

I've been wondering about this ever since they first talked about it. Does it actually make the sticks feel tighter or is it just adjusting what the sensitivity is in game?

Deadzone adjustment at a software level. Takes a little longer to react to movement of the analog stick to make it less twitchy and allow for more precision.

Ran Ran

Deadzone adjustment at a software level. Takes a little longer to react to movement of the analog stick to make it less twitchy and allow for more precision.

Interesting, hopefully that will help because I hate how the sticks feel.

How are people who don't have the play and charge cable gonna update it though? Luckily I have one.

Ade

How are people who don't have the play and charge cable gonna update it though? Luckily I have one.

Id imagine most people have a Micro USB cable somewhere.

Word is though that the deadzone stuff was done console side last patch, and the controller update is purely in relation to the headset adaptor, which comes with a cable.

sangreal

BhaBC-PCcAA7F3d.jpg

wow, thank god. wish we could disable it all together. never works for me when I want to use it, but always shows up by accident when my gf is just doing her nails or something

Milennia

Anyone who has a decoder for a headset (astro mixamp etc.) try the bitstream setting yet?

I will be overjoyed if i can get surround sound on my astros while playing xbox finally.

Friends menu is so much better now. My only gripe is an existing issue. When the friends apps loads, Kinect voice controls will not work until the Activity Feed has completed loading.

I thought I remember Phil spencer saying all u had to do was re sync the controller with the system and it will update over the air. Does it actually say wired?

I thought I remember Phil spencer saying all u had to do was re sync the controller with the system and it will update over the air. Does it actually say wired?

Yeah, it syncs the update wirelessly to the controller. We received a controller update in the February update.

Ran Ran

Id imagine most people have a Micro USB cable somewhere.

Word is though that the deadzone stuff was done console side last patch, and the controller update is purely in relation to the headset adaptor, which comes with a cable.

That makes much more sense.

Some great new features in here like bitstreaming.Very surprised they've managed to get so much in so quickly, it usually takes much longer in the software development world to add in and test this much.

They must have been working round the clock, certainly shows their dedication to getting the software up to scratch. Keep it up!

If anyone has any referrals left. Would appreciate one being winged to 'Extricate' the last update sometimes gives me black screen of death leaving me no choice but to do a hard reset, hopefully fixed now.

Lima

With a Micro USB cable. Every household has one of those. Also don't forget that this is the update for the headset adapter. It will come with a micro USB cable.

As per Mod these GT's were added per my request at 26 Feb 2014 12:06 AM:

deathrattlehead
boomz12
B1gg Randall
GT J SIMPLE
AndrewDean84x
TJ NutterB
ValeYard13

Bloodsent

So I got the preview registration code yesterday morning at like 1:30AM, downloaded the app and registered, but I won't get the update until I get another email saying I got in?

sangreal

Was in a rush this morning, but I did see my power brick was orange. Can't wait to try when I get home.

Browsing reddit I've seen some more updates with the patch. You can now choose how much you want your volume to increase/decrease when you say "Xbox Volume Up/Down" as well as..

another very welcome feature

So, I have nothing. I'm trying to get on this ambassador thing, I'm sure it's all too late but it keeps telling me I'm not a gold member even though I am :'(

danwarb

It took me a while to find this..
It's under Settings > TV & One Guide > Troubleshooting > Audio

It's good to be able to control volume with voice commands, but I'm always saying it 2 or 3 times because it doesn't change enough.

This looks like a great update. They've promised a 50Hz fix for PAL TV too, is that in?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
It's good to be able to control volume with voice commands, but I'm always saying it 2 or 3 times because it doesn't change enough.

This looks like a great update. They've promised a 50Hz fix for PAL TV too, is that in?

I saw an option to change to 50hz.

Yeah, the same area as the volume change. Settings > TV & One Guide > Troubleshooting > Video > Enable 50hz

Top Bottom