• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destination PlayStation starts today, what can we expect???

viveks86

PlayStation VR
Demon's Souls 2
Sony Bend's new IP.
Media Molecule new IP.
Guerilla Games new IP.
Stig's new IP at Sony Santa Monica.
Agent.
Gravity Rush 2 for PS4.
Uncharted 4
The Last Guardian 15 minute subtitled gameplay walkthrough.
The New Getaway from Sony London.

At least that's what I'm guessing.

LOL

I-hate-u

They better announce new stuff soon. MS has been announcing a lot of awesome stuff lately compared to Sony. Don't rest on ur laurels PlayStation.

Prelude.

I think Destination PlayStation is only for North American retailers.
Yeah but there's the possibility that they announce a release date for the BL2 bundle in NA and that might coincide with the release of the new model in Europe.

nampad

Saw this picture on Twitter...

BhRFvTrCQAAaSAw.jpg:large

Guess they will be showing off Destiny at the event...

Could also be Shadow of the Beast.

Edit: damn small smartphone screen. Now I saw the Destiny stuff. Still, this picture could be about SotB.

ReaperXL7

I don't like making threads about random tweets from strangers, because there is a high possibility that it is bullshit. So I just post it here. Take it with a huge grain of salt.

Read from bottom to top.

vhUdpsQ.png

https://twitter.com/LOKIOLR

Interesting, don't really care too much about another COD, but I would like GTAV on PS4. I was hoping we might get some leaks of first party games, but unfortunately Sony is canceling those.

I'd lean toward fake just based on the fact that he says it's the next entry in the MW series. That's wrong on two levels. It's Infinity Ward's series, and they've already moved on to Ghosts. The other reason is that MW3 was meant to end that story, so there'd obviously be no next entry. It also wouldn't make sense considering that this is Sledgehammer's first CoD game that they're building on their own. They get a chance to carve their own style like Treyarch has, so I don't see why they'd want to associate with any of the other brands.

I'd lean toward fake just based on the fact that he says it's the next entry in the MW series. That's wrong on two levels. It's Infinity Ward's series, and they've already moved on to Ghosts. The other reason is that MW3 was meant to end that story, so there'd obviously be no next entry. It also wouldn't make sense considering that this is Sledgehammer's first CoD game that they're building on their own. They get a chance to carve their own style like Treyarch has, so I don't see why they'd want to associate with any of the other brands.

While it would make sense to bring out a new branch of the IP, it's too big a brand to give up. Right now we have Ghosts from IW, Black Ops from Treyarch and probably Modern Warfare from Sledgehammer.

I doubt their original CoD Third Person in Space thing is back from the dead.

Calling bullshit, IW wouldn't give Modern Warfare to Treyarch. Not to mention Ghosts was pretty much MW4.

I really doubt that IW has any say in regards to what they develop. And Treyarch is not doing this years game.

While it would make sense to bring out a new branch of the IP, it's too big a brand to give up. Right now we have Ghosts from IW, Black Ops from Treyarch and probably Modern Warfare from Sledgehammer.

I doubt their original CoD Third Person in Space thing is back from the dead.

I think the success of Black Ops shows that which series it's in doesn't matter as long as it has CoD in the title. MW in some ways is also kind of a tarnished brand, so I don't see why they'd be so hesitant to let it go away.

I think the success of Black Ops shows that CoD is all that matters. Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts etc. it doesn't matter as long as it's CoD.

Definitely. But at some point in MW's life it almost grew out of the CoD branding at it was "Modern Warfare" that was the big brand name. They've invested a lot in terms of branding those sub-divisions of the game and I think Activision would continue down that path for now.

At least play it safe with two studios, while a third experiments with a new brand-branch.

Definitely. But at some point in MW's life it almost grew out of the CoD branding at it was "Modern Warfare" that was the big brand name. They've invested a lot in terms of branding those sub-divisions of the game and I think Activision would continue down that path for now.

At least play it safe with two studios, while a third experiments with a new brand-branch.

I just think that they know that CoD needs to have a fresh feeling again. It doesn't need to stop being CoD, but it does need to debut in a way that makes me excited when they see it. Just look at the reaction to Ghosts unveiling. It was basically people mocking it for fish AI and the shot of them opening the dogs mouth because everything else they showed looked so underwhelming and so by the books for the series. Letting Sledgehammer carve their own niche is potentially a good chance to give the series a shot in the arm.

Their direct competitors are stumbling in different ways, so they still have time to fix things before they may need to hit the panic button. BF4 had one of the worst launches for a high profile game ever, and Titanfall is on a limited number of platforms. So, the ball is still in their court.

MGS V brosky.

Wait, is not a 2014 release?

Ground Zeroes is this year and The Phantom Pain is coming at some undetermined date. But it definitely won't be this year.

Eh GDC is not that kind of place.

Most of the time.

Companies used to do press conferences for GDC, though that rarely happens anymore... probably since E3's a much better venue.

Still, even if not GDC, feels like any news timing should be after inFamous drops.

Some Nobody

GDC makes more sense, imo.

Trying to outdo Titanfall's noise is futile,I think. Better to weather the storm.

I disagree. Smothering Titanfall's much easier than you think. New IP + Uncharted 4 footage + inFamous: Second Son could easily do it. (If we got that.) Plus whatever Batman game is coming out (though that's not Sony) and pretty much anyone that's not a FPS fan hardcore would forget about that game.

Most of the time.

Companies used to do press conferences for GDC, though that rarely happens anymore... probably since E3's a much better venue.

Still, even if not GDC, feels like any news timing should be after inFamous drops.

Actually GDC started asking publishers to stop doing it, because it ruined what GDC should be.

But there have been events before or after GDC because of the amount of journalists attending GDC.

Loudninja

The last weeks we seen alot of announcements and trailers,pretty crazy.

I think this month we will get a Drive club release date.

Pennywise

Picture from yesterday I found on twitter.

Looks like Adam Boyes and someone else on stage, can't see who exactly it is.
Neither which game it is, but it might be Destiny.

2914928_cPGjehIAvrVJGinhQ_KkYkkUrN_K-_zE70R7YGnuNro.jpg

Top Bottom