• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall leaks, ho! 9 in-game map images, general info + "monster"

hawk2025

Welp, as expected.

Campaign multiplayer is a bunch of rounds on the multiplayer maps with a few cutscenes thrown in before or after. Lame. How is this "trying something new" in any way, shape, or form?

Also, why does the campaign multiplayer only use 9 of the maps, if indeed there are 15?

At least those pictures look fucking awesome.

Bedlam

I'm not interested in this game whatsoever since I'm not into competitive shooter games (anymore, was hugely into them back in the CS beta days) but this looks really cool. Have fun, people!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, now its cod with mechs, parkour, and ziplines. haters, take note.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Welp, as expected.

Campaign multiplayer is a bunch of rounds on the multiplayer maps with a few cutscenes thrown in before or after. Lame. How is this "trying something new" in any way, shape, or form?

"There are some surprises which will keep things different from the traditional multiplayer experience."

jump to conclusions.

COD has ziplines.

it does? damn. when did that get introduced?

Ran Ran

I know we were able to determine alot from the beta code but i found this image interesting..

BhwbmNCCAAE69i6.jpg:large

Goes to show how far they are going to keep this stuff a secret. Blacking out the number of maps and game modes.

Milennia

I know we were able to determine alot from the beta code but i found this image interesting..

Goes to show how far they are going to keep this stuff a secret.

Lol.. They got old school halo 2 players like walshy to do the map runthroughs? Thats pretty awesome.

Ghazi

It's really bad for them that things keep getting out through leaks, if they want to keep things a secret they should've done a better job at scrubbing their beta/alpha clean of residual data (I understand this takes a lot of time, money, and manpower so I don't think it's a good idea) or announce these things themselves.

hawk2025

"There are some surprises which will keep things different from the traditional multiplayer experience."

jump to conclusions.

it does? damn. when did that get introduced?

Oh, c'mon.

If you think "some surprises" will be anything remotely significant, I have a bridge to sell you.

It's a bunch of rounds of Attrition and Hardpoint.

antitrop

They were alright. I don't imagine them being the optimal mode of traversal in Titanfall.

The difference being in that Black Ops map, you're completely vulnerable while travelling on the zipline, while in the Titanfall picture it looks like you'll still be able to fire and defend yourself while riding on it (like the Skyrails in Bio Infinite).

Beefy

Welp, as expected.

Also, why does the campaign multiplayer only use 9 of the maps, if indeed there are 15?

At least those pictures look fucking awesome.

DLC? Maybe the other maps have been taken out and will be dlc later? Which would be a dick move.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
No. I mean 10 maps that make use of campaign, not 9.

These maps are in the Campaign mode (9/15):
Fracture
Colony
Relic
Angel City
Outpost 207
Boneyard
Airbase
Demeter
Corporate

Nexus, Lagoon, Smuggler's Cove, Rise, Overlook and Training Ground are not in the Campaign mode.

jediyoshi

These maps are in Campaign (9/15):
Fracture
Colony
Relic
Angel City
Outpost 207
Boneyard
Airbase
Demeter
Corporate

Nexus, Lagoon, Smuggler's Cove, Rise, Overlook and Training Ground are not in Campaign.

Ah, are we assuming NPE is some one off single player level?

hawk2025

This is going to sound silly, but can anyone tell if the blacked out Prima image has single or double digits?

Also, where does it come from?

RazorUK

Leaning towards 9 now instead of believing in 15.

The reddit user who posted the screenshots said that there are 15 maps in the final game.
Also the screenshots in the first post show Nexus, Lagoon and Overlook which aren't in the Campaign mode.

hawk2025

The reddit user who posted the screenshots said that there are 15 maps in the final game.
Also the screenshots in the first post show Nexus, Lagoon and Overlook which aren't in the Campaign mode.

Oh. Oh!

I missed that. Well, must be 15 then!

Respawn is playing with my heart :p

Maybe the map selection in campaign multiplayer will be different if you're IMC or Militia? Or has it been confirmed that those are the only 9?

RazorUK

Maybe the map selection in campaign multiplayer will be different if you're IMC or Militia? Or has it been confirmed that those are the only 9?

Respawn haven't confirmed anything but I'm stating it based on the fact that in the BETA files the 9 maps have campaign menu buttons, campaign descriptions and scripting/audio for the campaign missions.
The other 6 maps had none of that.

Top Bottom