• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs Release Date and new Trailer coming today?

SJRB

Gold Member
Reading up on the main character, says he's from Northern Ireland? I wonder if he'll have the accent? :p

He won't.

Anyway, a mod should change this thread title to "Watch_Dogs Release Date and new Trailer coming between now and 3 years"

JoshHood

Looks like a re-reveal is indeed imminent - Game stores in the UK have started getting new promo materials in, including new boxart. The actual posters have 'coming Spring' and the old box art on, but they're right next to boxes with new artwork in that I haven't been able to track down anywhere. Gonna try and go back to grab a pic later, but it's a much lighter box, with a wider, less wonky shot than the original (maybe AC is going with a darker boxart this year and they wanted them to contrast?).

chadskin

FWIW, Amazon France says the release is on June 27th. Not your usual placeholder, at least, but who knows. Shouldn't be long now until we find out the truth. :)

NHale

Looks like a re-reveal is indeed imminent - Game stores in the UK have started getting new promo materials in, including new boxart. The actual posters have 'coming Spring' and the old box art on, but they're right next to boxes with new artwork in that I haven't been able to track down anywhere. Gonna try and go back to grab a pic later, but it's a much lighter box, with a wider, less wonky shot than the original (maybe AC is going with a darker boxart this year and they wanted them to contrast?).

Yeah. Game.co.uk from nowhere had Watch_Dogs in the main banner for a couple of days and is now removed.

Really weird to give the spotlight to a game that it's not coming soon or was just revealed. So I'm guessing it's like you said, re-reveal is coming.

FWIW, Amazon France says the release is on June 27th. Not your usual placeholder, at least, but who knows. Shouldn't be long now until we find out the truth. :)

Last Friday of Q2 so it could be a placeholder.

JoshHood

Well the Edinburgh Game stores still have all the old stuff sadly - if anyone happens to be near the York in-town store, pop in and grab a shot ;)

fasTRapid

Banned
Playstation Germany reckons the date will reveal "in a few days" to which Jonathan Morin (watch dogs creative director) tweeted "patient my friend, it will pay off :)"
Just remember how 'soon' Driveclub's release date was revealed after the announcement of its announcement.

I have a PS4 and it's set in Best City Chicago.

There is no way I'm not hyped, especially after the delay to pump some more bits into this fucker.

ekim

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/03/watch-dogs-dated-on-sony-entertainment-network-store/

June 30 is a Monday so this is probably place-holder, although it’s interesting to see the date on Sony’s own store.

watch_dogs_release_Date.jpg

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...dogs/cid=UP0001-NPUB31254_00-WATCHDOGSFULLGAM

ekim

It's been June 30 on Amazon since the week it was delayed. That day is a Monday. I'm not sure why they even bothered posting that.

Well - major gaming press also reported on the initial rumor so I guess they already have the info but it's under embargo. They are just teasing the imminent announcement.

/wish

I'm really not sure I care about this title any more.

The premise itself never grabbed me, I doubt anything the devs accomplish in the extra time they've been given will change that.

It's a shame because I think the game could have done very well if it had released in that next-gen launch window.

Squire

Banned

The premise itself never grabbed me, I doubt anything the devs accomplish in the extra time they've been given will change that.

It's a shame because I think the game could have done very well if it had released in that next-gen launch window.

It's still releasing in the launch window. Which is to say, there's so little AAA software on offer it may as well be. Watch Dogs is going to do good. Probably 4m copies sold at the very least.

Ubisoft giving me major blue balls where this game is concerned. I know a lot of folks have grown disillusioned with it and lost interest, but I'm still pretty excited to play it. I just hope best use has been made of this extra development time.

Some Nobody

It's been June 30 on Amazon since the week it was delayed. That day is a Monday. I'm not sure why they even bothered posting that.

Just had a brief Twitter argument with the writer about the same thing. But its really for people who didn't already know the game was scheduled for Q2 I guess.

This may be the first time I rely on reviews in awhile. Game could very well be garbage given how long they've waited to even announce a release date.

Squire

Banned
Just had a brief Twitter argument with the writer about the same thing. But its really for people who didn't already know the game was scheduled for Q2 I guess.

This may be the first time I rely on reviews in awhile. Game could very well be garbage given how long they've waited to even announce a release date.

I tweeted him myself. I didn't insult him or anything, but it was stupid to post on his part.

GHG

Gold Member
Is June 5th the announcement for the announcement of the new trailer with the new release date?

A new assassin's creed game reveal should be happening soon no?

Should be around now, previous announcements was more or less directly after their investor calls. We'll see what the Gameinformer cover will be, as it will probably either be Batman or AC5 at this point.

Squire

Banned
I was a little bugged, but I wouldn't call him stupid. Its "news" to some, just not us.

Yeah, I guess. For an obvious placeholder date though, I wouldn't waste the time. My readers or my own.

Should be around now, previous announcements was more or less directly after their investor calls. We'll see what the Gameinformer cover will be, as it will probably either be Batman or AC5 at this point.

Have it on good faith that cover is most probably Batman, but I think both games will be announced this week.

Wotanik

Banned

I still fail to see how postponing a game is a bad thing. Play something else meanwhile. I at least like when devs pull the game back to give it more time - if it's not any catastrophic situation. I'm curious about DRIVECLUB as well as i seemed to be nearly finished and then they pull it to give it even more polish. I hate underpolished buggy games, so should you. Why WD loses its selling potential with postponing? They will pump up the hype back when it is due to be released (E3).

Some Nobody

Yeah, I guess. For an obvious placeholder date though, I wouldn't waste the time. My readers or my own.

Have it on good faith that cover is most probably Batman, but I think both games will be announced this week.

Hah, THAT would make for a good week of reveals before GDC.

I still fail to see how postponing a game is a bad thing. Play something else meanwhile. I at least like when devs pull the game back to give it more time - if it's not any catastrophic situation. I'm curious about DRIVECLUB as well as i seemed to be nearly finished and then they pull it to give it even more polish. I hate underpolished buggy games, so should you. Why WD loses its selling potential with postponing? They will pump up the hype back when it is due to be released (E3).

Don't get me wrong, I don't see the delay as a catastrophe.

But if it had come out when originally intended I would have been more excited for it than I now am. I guess I'm saying the delay dampened the hype. I don't think they'll get those hype levels back.

Regardless, there's still enough interest in it for it to be a hit though perhaps not to the extent Ubisoft hopes for. The way Ubisoft works its essentally a foregone conclusion that this game will be part of a series.

EDIT

Also, for me the need for a more polished Driveclub is more obvious than the need for a more polished Watch Dogs.

Wasn't Driveclub delayed because they were trying to push 60fps? Whether or not that succeeds will have more impact on the game what I suspect is happening with Watch Dogs.

Top Bottom