• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaime Griesemer (Lead Designer InFamous: SS, Halo 3) has left Sucker Punch

There are a lot of ex bungie guys with SP now

Good luck to the guy and I hope he finds happiness in his future endeavours

He has a really good resume

kmax

Hennig, Tretton, Whitten and now Griesemer are starting their own studio together.

talent leaving sucks

GhaleonEB

I wonder where he's headed.

Given his last career move, I would guess he's staying in Seattle, so the most obvious choices would be:
-Back to Bungie
-Microsoft
-Indie

There are other studios, but they don't seem like a super obvious fit for someone who makes AAA console games.

It might be worth looking at why he left Bungie for Sucker Punch.

Ex Bungie designer Jaime Griesemer has joined Infamous studio Sucker Punch. “I found a great team and a fantastic opportunity just across the street at Sucker Punch Productions,” Griesemer said. “It’s a smaller team, very collaborative, they’ve got enormous talent and they are very hungry – they want to take it to the next level and are willing to put in the effort it will take to get there.” Griesemer added that Sucker Punch fell more in line with the size of operation he wanted to work for: “When Bungie and I parted ways, I didn’t really have a plan. I knew I wanted something different; I’m just not comfortable on an enormous team with a lot of process – it’s creatively stifling.”
I wonder if he found himself in a similar situation as when he left Bungie. Big studio working on sequels...not what he seemed to want to do when he joined Sucker Punch. I'm guessing he ends up at a smaller studio.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I wonder if he found himself in a similar situation as when he left Bungie. Big studio working on sequels...not what seemed to want to do when he joined Sucker Punch.

Yeah, Sucker Punch is also expanding to deal with making PS4 games as well. I think they were like half the size they are now or something?

I suspect he's probably going indie in that case. It's about as appropriate a time as ever.

StuBurns

Banned
Certainly seems like a talent guy, SP are probably sad to see him go. Hope he lands somewhere befitting his skillset.

All the best.

DemonNite

First party output at Sony is doomed. Full stop and without question at this point.

N0aZTIx.gif

That's one hell of a résumé. He worked on all of good Halos, save CE & ODST, before the mess known as 4. Looking forward to whatever game he next contributes to.

I wonder if he found himself in a similar situation as when he left Bungie. Big studio working on sequels...not what seemed to want to do when he joined Sucker Punch. I'm guessing he ends up at a smaller studio.

I think that sounds like a good bet. I doubt SuckerPunch is getting any smaller - and I kinda doubt they'll ditch inFamous.

Of all of Sony's franchises, it's one of the couple I am happy there will be more sequels of. Keep your Uncharted, God of Wars and LittleBigPlanets.

Muffdraul

Holy shit. I'm getting Infamous SS, but I've never really been that excited about it. I thought the first two were decent games worth playing, but nothing to write home about. I always assumed SS would be the same, but prettier. If I'd been aware that Mr. Flawless Cowboy was the lead designer, I would have been WAY more interested. Suddenly this Friday has become harder to wait for.

Texhex

Banned
Jesus is there anyone left at Sony? Seems like a mass exodus lately.
Man, my sarcasm detector is broken.
I'm not sure if ridiculous posts like this are just jokes, or real posts.

I hope the people here know that a lot of people leave after a AAA game got completed.

V_Ben

Banned
Yeah, Sucker Punch is also expanding to deal with making PS4 games as well. I think they were like half the size they are now or something?

I suspect he's probably going indie in that case. It's about as appropriate a time as ever.

One question - are Zombie Studios based in Seattle?

If he isn't starting his own place, then that's a possibility.

I was getting SS anyway, but finding out the lead designer on my favorite game, and former favorite franchise was working on this has me a bit more excited.

Don't understand why he wouldn't be talking about it yet.

I hope he stays in AAA, and that's why he's 'not talking about it yet',

NHale

I wonder where he's headed.

Given his last career move, I would guess he's staying in Seattle, so the most obvious choices would be:
-Back to Bungie
-Microsoft
-Indie

There are other studios, but they don't seem like a super obvious fit for someone who makes AAA console games.

Considering his tweets since last May about Microsoft and Xbox One, I'm not so sure Microsoft would be very interested in hiring him.

Top Bottom