• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 and Xbox One games coming to Redbox April 1

via the Redbox website

April 1st:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4, X1)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4, X1)
Killzone: Shadowfall (PS4)
NBA 2K14 (PS4, X1)
Thief (PS4, X1)

May 27th:

Watch_Dogs (PS4, X1)

Hope they get MGS5. The service would be extremely useful for a game like that.

infamous second son is on the site but no where in site

even on the kiosk it had it for the 25th, wonder what happened

will rent Assassins creed B^)

mlb the show PS4 will be a great rental

T.O.P

Banned
I have no idea why my mind processed this as some kind of online rental service (didn't know what Redbox was lol)

A man can dream

Duxxy3

Was hoping to see Knack and Battlefield 4 on that list. Want to play through both of them, but have no interest in paying full price for them.

Oh well, I'll just rent thief then.

Sweet. Between this and Gamefly I can try anything before I buy it.

How does this work, not familiar with redbox, how much?
Reserve a game online, go to the Redbox you picked and use your credit card to pick it up; return it the next day. Last gen games were a couple bucks a night.

For maximum utility pick up your game right after midnight; you get it all that day, and all the next day until midnight 9pm according to other people.

You can also take your chances and just go to any redbox but I think it's smarter to reserve a game ahead of time so you don't waste your time if what you want isn't there.

Valnen

I wish there was a redbox just for games, they don't take games seriously enough and have a shit selection.

Bsigg12

How does this work, not familiar with redbox, how much?

It's $2.50 a night for games. Sometimes they do free rental codes. Also, there's a best time of day to rent from Redbox to maximize time with the game, I just don't remember when.

Edit: Neuromancer is on top of Redbox rental best practices.

Not sure if it's still valid(I did it last Wed and it worked though) but try texting THIEF to 727272 and you should get a free game rental code.

Kriken

Hope they get MGS5. The service would be extremely useful for a game like that.

I was thinking this as well, the PS3/360 versions are available now, but people with PS4/XB1 shouldn't have to pay as much as it is and have the ability to rent that game

TheMan

i should have waited and rented killzone. bought digitial edition for around 40, kind of regret it since i'm stuck with fairly mediocre game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's $2.50 a night for games. Sometimes they do free rental codes. Also, there's a best time of day to rent from Redbox to maximize time with the game, I just don't remember when.

12:01 am. Return by 9 pm the next day.

You'll have essentially 45 hours to play.

border

I'm not sure if it's sad or hilarious, but the OP seems to have completely ignored that Redbox is also getting WiiU games (Donkey Kong, Lego City, Super Luigi U, Super Mario 3D World).

April 8th:

Titanfall (X1)

The only version of Titanfall on that page is the 360 version.

I'm not sure if it's sad or hilarious, but the OP seems to have completely ignored that Redbox is also getting WiiU games (Donkey Kong, Lego City, Super Luigi U, Super Mario 3D World).

The only version of Titanfall on that page is the 360 version.

Oh wait you're right.

12:01 am. Return by 9 pm the next day.

You'll have essentially 45 hours to play.

Ah, so that makes sense why I was able to rent at 9am on a Tuesday and return it at noon on Wednesday and only be charged the one day rental. I guess I could have kept it for another nine hours. I always thought it was a hard 24 hours from rental time. Cool.

Redbox is getting better and better about games.
I live out in the middle of nowhere but my Redbox actually had Ground Zeroes the very night it released.

Top Bottom