• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 may be coming in April, there's reason to believe that

Apparently according to Amazon the next Mario Kart is coming way befor May 30th, something like April 16th-22nd

So, I just got an email from Amazon that they have a new release date and I can expect it between April 16 and April 19?

Is Nintendo pushing Mario Kart 8 out earlier than expected?
The Amazon page is also showing "ships in 2 to 4 weeks". Hmmmm.

http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Kart-8-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00DC7G2W8
My order said delivery June 3rd still. So, I canceled it then ordered it again and was even able to apply my Amazon Points to it.

Now saying April 16-22 for delivery.

Let's see how this pans out....
So...I think it might be out earlier than expected. I just chatted with Amazon support, they said they might be receiving the game earlier than expected. I can post the conversation if you guys like.
mk8_zpsa5edf618.png

That is the email I got after the chat. No specific date, but there is a possibility of it shipping earlier.
I just chatted with Amazon support myself, sounds like they are pretty confident about the new Mario Kart 8 release date..

MitvI32.png

I thought that this rumor deserves a thread on his own, because Amazon reps seem pretty adamant about the new release and if that's true it would be a big thing.

Also that's not unprecedented, last year 3D World has been anticipated from December to November, while Amazon "predicted" that Tropical Freeze would have been delayed (and spoiled Cranky Kong)

Lock and please understand if udeserving a new thread.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
asking amazon support for an external company's product release date and then taking their scripted comment that "ships in 2-4 weeks" means they think the product ships in 2-4 weeks as confirmation of a product release is pretty amateur hour.

It's still May 30th according to Nintendo's official release calendar:

49OiYJv.png

I don't understand why they would release it a month early as a surprise...this date has been advertised for a while now.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
asking amazon support for an external company's product release date and then taking their scripted comment that "ships in 2-4 weeks" means they think the product ships in 2-4 weeks as confirmation of a product release is pretty amateur hour.
"The front line Amazon CS rep said _____________________" is pretty much the biggest Tales From My Ass source for anything.

Platy

Actualy Amazon date is 3 weeks AGO

The dude mentions that it was ALREADY RELEASED since the amazon page says MARCH 10

wrowa

Especially in this case, where the rep states that the product has already been released - when that's obviously not the case.

If this is true, then there must be a Nintendo Direct coming any day now.
Does Amazon typically have a good track record for this sort of thing?

jmizzal

I seriously doubt it's coming out in April. It seems like Amazon made a mistake. But I do wish Mario Kart 8 came out in April.

Why would Amazon change the date from May 30th? unless the manufacturer which is Nintendo told them a date change was coming like with DKCFT

The date has been May 30th for almost two months they had no reason to mess with it, something is up

HaNks

Banned
If this is true, then there must be a Nintendo Direct coming any day now.
Does Amazon typically have a good track record for this sort of thing?

i think the DK delay popped up there first and was legit?

dude in the other thread has an order with thehut (who also run official nintendo store) bumped up to 18/04 apparently. few titbits that may be indicative of something. or not.

Regiruler

Why would Amazon change the date from May 30th? unless the manufacturer which is Nintendo told them a date change was coming like with DKCFT

The date has been May 30th for almost two months they had no reason to mess with it, something is up

This is the site that fucked up the W101 image after they already had the correct display.

Not necessarily. It could be due to database errors / distributor errors.

then why is every other Amazon site not showing the same thing

AdanVC

It would be awesome if true! May 30 is so far away and is hard to believe that the only Wii U worthy release we have right now for april is NES Remix 2... You never know with Nintendo, tough. In the end, it could be just Amazon messing around with the dates and doing the same with other games as well. Who knows.

Top Bottom