• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First (for now) confirmations for Gamescom 2014. (MS, Nintendo etc).

Hey everyone just got back from our first gamescom 2014 meeting.
And we got a first early confirmations from a few of the attendees

gamescom_2014_attendidqu0v.jpg

No other source because I'm the source :p.

Anyway please keep in mind that companies can always subject to change in the future.

Since so many of you asked gamescom is 13.-17.08.2014
Or 08.13-17.14 if your from a weird calendar country

I'm assuming Bethesda will be showing whatever new game they announce at E3 or they'll announce a new game at Gamescom. When or where do they typically announce their new games?

wrowa

Gamescom is after E3, correct?

It's in August. Usually the public gets to play the same demos the companies showed before on the E3 show floor with a few new announcements here and there. It's kind of a pain though, since way too many people visit gamescom each year, which means that you've got to wait an eternity to play anything at all (okay, there are always a few cool games that go under the radar of most people and can be played rather quickly).

TimmiT

I might go this year, but isn't it pretty much hell if you don't go on the press day?

It was OK on thursdays when I went in 2010 and 2011. However, it really was absolute hell when I went last year. This year I managed to get a Wild Card ticket that allows me to go on the press day starting at 1PM though.

airborn

Last week's trade newsletter mentioned a couple more names:

When the gamescom opens its doors from 13 to 17 August 2014 to visitors from all over the globe, one thing is already certain: The early bird campaign came to a close with a record result and strong brands will be participating again. The offer at the world's largest event for interactive entertainment will once again be unique!

In comparison to last year's early booking phase, by the deadline on 17. February 2014 around 50 % more exhibitors, including numerous international market leaders and further renowned companies, had already confirmed their participation at the gamescom 2014 at this early stage.

The exhibitors include among others: Aerosoft, ak tronic, astragon, Bethesda, CD Projekt red, Crytek, Deep Silver/Koch Media, Electronic Arts, Konami, Kalypso Media, Microsoft, Nintendo, rondomedia and Ubisoft.

The online games, browser and mobile games sector will also be prominently represented at the fair. Among others, Bigpoint, Gaijin, Goodgame, Riot Games, Wargaming and Turtle Entertainment will be taking part with first-class eSports presentations. Furthermore, Bigben Interactive Caseking, epay, G.A.M.E. Bundesverband, Gaya, Marketpoint, NVIDIA, Oculus Rift and ROCCAT will be using the gamescom 2014 as a platform to present themselves to the visitors.

The gamescom is right on course in terms of internationality too: So far, registrations have been received from 26 countries. As such, once again in 2014 the gamescom is underlining its unique position as the leading trade fair and event highlight of the interactive entertainment industry, which equally addresses both the consumers and trade visitors.

Celebrate the games! We look forward to your visit!

Your gamescom team

P.S.: The Ticket Shop for trade visitors will be open in April. Further information you will find in our next newsletter.

Akai__

Of course it has to be the week, where I'm on vacation. Someday Gamescom, someday.

I had the impression, that MS and Sony really liked last years Gamescom, so I'm confident, that they have planned something cool. We'll see, though.

bombshell

Of course it has to be the week, where I'm on vacation. Someday Gamescom, someday.

I had the impression, that MS and Sony really liked last years Gamescom, so I'm confident, that they have planned something cool. We'll see, though.

Microsoft only held a very weak "conference" last year.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
How come the old, red Nintendo logo is used in this infographic?

Anyway, nice to see that Microsoft and Nintendo are attending. I won't attend the expo personally due to studies, but perhaps there'll be some exciting news coming from them.

Top Bottom