• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

13572350994_9c4cf41a44_o.jpg

13572348464_bfdd56176c_o.jpg

BONKERS

Its not about giving examples, because every game with HDR deferred lighting is behaving identically. Better, You give us examples of games that does not illuminate world from light sources in the same way as Infamous.

PBR is not exactly rendering feature, its more art consistency feature. You could do that on past gen consoles [and Crysis 3 did it to some degree]. The only really limiting factor on last gen consoles was VRAM, because PBR requires additional buffers and additional layer for textures, but thats it.

Yoshiharu Gotanda
(Star Ocean 4 too AFIRemember also used some IBL)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cuXgRVMvZ0

This was on PS3/360 target hardware@30FPS too

I can't wait to see what Tri-Ace does this generation.

Spazznid

If you like brown sure.

Dirt, and mud are brown, though. That's like expecting a clean, non-brown Dirtbike game...

I get that people want more color in their games, and I generally agree with that sentiment, but if the game takes place in dusty caves, cliffs, trenches, etc. then I think brown is a great choice. Rather than dislike the color, maybe you just dislike the setting.

I took a ton last night. I was very tired though. Diablo 3 has been keeping me plenty busy. I'll try and take a few more tonight with hopefully a more keen eye.

No pressure man! Did Diablo keep you busy gameplay-wise oder because of taking screenshots? I never started playing it because I already spent alot of time on WoW...

No pressure man! Did Diablo keep you busy gameplay-wise oder because of taking screenshots? I never started playing it because I already spent alot of time on WoW...

Diablo 3 feeds the loot whore in me. The ARPG power treadmill can be quite addicting. A friend of mine at work also plays so that helps.

I've kinda lost the desire to jump through hoops in order to take screenshots so Battlefield 4 works. Nice spectator cam built in.

IMACOMPUTA

What does this even mean?

"dyanimcally illuminating objects?"

DO you mean like... a light source moving around or something?
Shooting a fireball down a dark alley and everything being lit convincingly.
The shadows, reflections, and faces being illuminated by light sources. It all looks so good to me.

One3rd

Getting the red light shot was a pain in the ass. Every time you get the turrets attention the glowing orb shows up under the HUD for the powers and doesn't go away, only way I could get rid of it was to crop. The new SweetFX border shader with aspect ratio settings works like a charm!

Shooting a fireball down a dark alley and everything being lit convincingly.
The shadows, reflections, and faces being illuminated by light sources. It all looks so good to me.

The original Unreal Tournament had that... nearly 15 years ago.

But you might want to go back to the Fetch introduction scenes in inFamous SS. Some of her neon tags affect your character, some don't. Not to takeaway from one of the best looking games on any platform ever, but SS has some impressive 'trickery' that isn't always perfect :)

And my original reply to the whole consoles holding PC's back thing was pretty much a compliment to PC gaming yet a few got defensive for some reason. It's pretty obvious the improved visuals on the new consoles will only mean better looking games on PC.

Anyway have some ArcheAge :)

12641804465_666357475a_o_d.jpg

12641925943_2537d3f107_o_d.jpg

soontroll

Banned
13583405355_8283f45fe6_o.jpg

13583778684_22ea172ea4_o.jpg

And my original reply to the whole consoles holding PC's back thing was pretty much a compliment to PC gaming yet a few got defensive for some reason. It's pretty obvious the improved visuals on the new consoles will only mean better looking games on PC.

The only issue people had with your post was you saying the settings were unplayable. It's hardly being 'defensive' if we explain that it's not unplayable.

Spazznid

Yeah, assuming the settings in here are unplayable is crazy. Some people find sub 30 fps playable on consoles, myself included, at least in the case of games like Dragon's Dogma. I don't find it preferable, but playable, yes. Considering most newer cards/setups can run 4K at around 25-30 fps with a few settings changed.

I wish this would change, but besides a slight bump from newer cross-gen games, the only stuff we'll get that really takes advantage of our machines at 1080p is going to be PC only, or PC main developers, which are few and far between.

I for one, am ok with the way some games look right now, as well as running them at ludicrous settings. Sure I'd love something to blow me away, but I know if it does, I'll have to lower the downsampling or something. I also enjoy running games at 120 Hz, which is becoming harder with new releases.

Anyways, here are some stairs.

13586740705_1c65ae7ee2_o_d.png

UnrealEck

ivnboA6hBIlrT.png

iFLfa8azV3azA.png

I love this engine. It looks better in motion though because you can't really capture all the effects and how the effects interract with the environment that well in stills.
I wish FROM used it for the next Souls game.

Spazznid

Nice. This game is gorgeous. I've never heard of it outside this thread though.

It was unfortunately laughed at in every thread before it came out.

Remember Me News

90% of the replies = "lol forgot about dis one, lol"

Even in the previews it looked gorgeous. They never promised much gameplay wise, but people still expected game of the year material and were publicly angry when it was simply acceptable. I don't really get the early hate it got, but people seem to like it enough in the LTTP threads here. Personally, I love it. The gameplay IS sort of meh, but the Soundtrack is one of the best of all time, and the settings fit perfectly with the music. I enjoy the characters, and can appreciate the corny dialogue sometimes.

Some of the best music in any game, though.
Seriously.
I mean it.
I can't say it enough.

Anyhoo, some more?

13592363254_f5d0468bef_o_d.png

TheDanger

Banned
Maybe I should grab Remember Me on pc for the eye candy, I got the game with ps plus and stopped after 20 minutes as the gameplay is not even serviceable in my opinion.

Top Bottom