• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Official thread of HOLY FREAKING CRAP

zoukka

Well those screens give you an impression of unreal sharpness and make them textures look like from GeoW.

Are those screens from PAL or US-version? Could the PAL-version be played in 50hz?? Echoes demanded a TV supporting 60hz.

Eteric Rice

zoukka said:
Well those screens give you an impression of unreal sharpness and make them textures look like from GeoW.

Are those screens from PAL or US-version? Could the PAL-version be played in 50hz?? Echoes demanded a TV supporting 60hz.

Looks pretty much like that on my CRT HDTV.

zoukka said:

The textures look pretty much the same on my tv. It's a great looking game.

zoukka

Well I'll need to get myself a new TV then... because I'm playing a game that looks more like this. (it looks great imo, but just not quite "those screens" great)

928517_20071109_screen028.jpg

zoukka said:
Well I'll need to get myself a new TV then... because I'm playing a game that looks more like this. (it looks great imo, but just not quite "those screens" great)

Ewwww.

Yeah you really do need a new tv. ;)

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
zoukka said:

MP3 supports 50Hz.

scitek said:
LOL, how can the game not look that good if all he's doing is taking pics off a TV with a camera? It's not like he's taking direct caps from the Wii and touching them up in Photoshop.

Sorry, i meant that the game didnt look that good on my Sony bravia with component 480p cables.

I assume CRT with progressinve scan should look better than LCD setups.

those pics make me want to play MP3 again. What a freaking amazing piece of work that game is. Absolutely unmatched art direction, hours and hours of gaming bliss.

man, I might very well replay the whole serie again

effzee

just beat the game with the special ending you get when you collect at least 75% of the pickups.

how is this ending special?

i just saw
the federation escape when phaaze blows up. they think samus doesnt make it thru but she does and signals "mission complete" and then goes away. then they show her sitting at sky town thinking about her friends/partners who were corrupted and ultimately she had to kill. then the credits start rolling.

is that the special ending?

is the 100% complete special ending worth it?

effzee said:
just beat the game with the special ending you get when you collect at least 75% of the pickups.

how is this ending special?

i just saw
the federation escape when phaaze blows up. they think samus doesnt make it thru but she does and signals "mission complete" and then goes away. then they show her sitting at sky town thinking about her friends/partners who were corrupted and ultimately she had to kill. then the credits start rolling.

is that the special ending?

is the 100% complete special ending worth it?

Its mere seconds of footage

Highlight if you want to know:
After Samus' ship leaves the camera pans down to another ship that had been waiting in orbit, observing her. Its wings take on a more aggressive shape and it pursue's Samus into the stars... the end

Its nice to have 100% though. And if you visit the Chozo Observatory its not too hard in this game either.

Awesome pics andrew! Props.

radioheadrule83 said:
Its mere seconds of footage

Highlight if you want to know:
After Samus' ship leaves the camera pans down to another ship that had been waiting in orbit, observing her. Its wings take on a more aggressive shape and it pursue's Samus into the stars... the end

Its nice to have 100% though. And if you visit the Chozo Observatory its not too hard in this game either.

Has there been any confirmation on who it is? A lot of people have suggested Sylux.

[Nintex]

_Alkaline_ said:
Awesome pics andrew! Props.

Has there been any confirmation on who it is? A lot of people have suggested Sylux.
My guess it's a teaser for
Metroid Prime Hunters Wii

No more Metroid games from Retro that's for sure.

[Nintex] said:
My guess it's a teaser for
Metroid Prime Hunters Wii

Oh god i hope not.

Anyway, i came across two things today:

(1) In my replay of Corruption (god the game is good), I noticed that after exiting the Crashed GFS in Bryyo (right after activating the satelite), you see Rundus in the distance, around the cliffs of Bryyo, flying on ice. Never noticed that the first time around. I love all the hints given to Rundus' activities - the frozen creatures, the ice bridges, etc.

(2) Metroid Metal have a Metroid Prime 3 Title Screen/Bryyo theme. Awesome stuff.

Rolf NB

We're posting screenshots now? Oooooohh!

4.jpg

7.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

20.jpg

That's the PAL version at 50Hz by the way. There's another 41 at the same place
I own
where those came from.

bcn-ron said:
Screens

That's the PAL version at 50Hz by the way. There's another 41 at the same place
I own
where those came from.

Wow, nice screens.

Just like all the other Prime games though, it only truly shines in motion. I think it's nearly equal to Galaxy in looks on Wii.

Sadist

Ha, funny.

Played the game again a few days back and I'm still impressed by it. To be really honest, after I completed the game the first time I was kind of torn. Allthough its Metroid, the new structure of exploring several planets instead of exploring one big and coherent planet was indeed something else, but it felt weird at first. After a while I just got used to it. What I did find disturbing are the bloody loading times. I mean, MP 1 and 2 were absolutely amazing because of the smooth loading times, but in Corruption I had to wait for 25 seconds at a few times. Unacceptable. And the constant return of defeated enemies got on my nerves.

The controlls are superb, but I wished they implementend a quickturn option. The rest was amazing, especialy in Advance. The art was topnotch as always (with Skytown, which is pretty awesome. I like the Pirate Homeworld to) The bosses were pretty fun to, allthough they never were a real threat. Omega Ridley is proof of this. The battle in Prime 1 was much harder and still is more of a challenge. I liked the inclusion of Samus's gunship in mission pretty funny. Just fun to see.

Short version: Prime 3 is a excelent game. Or explained in Internet rabbel:

Prime 1 >>> Prime 3 >>> Prime 2

I just started playing it again. Bombed the Leviathan in Skytown and I just have to go kick some boss ass.

This game is truly incredible. Prime is still my favorite game ever, but Corruption is just as flawless so far, especially the controls. That kind of freedom is what makes the Wii such a great machine.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
EmCeeGramr said:
Oh, obscure allusions to fusion beta build FTW!
perhaps there's something you wish to share with us?..

blu said:
perhaps there's something you wish to share with us?..

Nope, just joshing.
The first metroid 4 screens were the only unknown factor I could think of in the franchise, so its the best way to make my prank work
I live a sad life

But I strongly think this indicates a wiiware sequel. Retro has moved on and a 2d ds game shouldve happened by now if there was any serious intention to do so.

End game spoilers below

Out of interest, did anyone else notice the husk (outer shell) of Metroid Prime in the last room on Phaaze before you face Dark Samus?
I thought that was such awesome fan service.

Vinci

Danish
Played through this game again recently and still adore these controls. My god, Retro nailed every damn part of this thing.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
_Alkaline_ said:
End game spoilers below

Out of interest, did anyone else notice the husk (outer shell) of Metroid Prime in the last room on Phaaze before you face Dark Samus?

I noticed it. It kind of confirmed that
Metroid Prime wasn't actually anything special, but was in fact just the natural evolution of a phazon-exposed Metroid

Code_Link

_Alkaline_ said:
End game spoilers below

Pic plz.

I was too nervous shooting that small Metroid that I just completely ignored my surroundings.

[Nintex]

_Alkaline_ said:
End game spoilers below

Holy shit, I got to check that as soon as I finish it on hypermode.

The other fanservice was amazing as well
The Phendrana Drifts reference including the music

Gwanatu T

Anasui Kishibe said:
those pics make me want to play MP3 again. What a freaking amazing piece of work that game is. Absolutely unmatched art direction, hours and hours of gaming bliss.

man, I might very well replay the whole serie again

Man seriously, I need to go through and play them. I think Prime might have been one of the best resurrections of last gen, if not the best, and it carried over so incredibly well to the Wii. So far Prime 3 is my game of the generation, by far.

[Nintex] said:

What? What memo did I miss? I'm feeling depressed by the sound of this.

ivysaur12

Banned
_Alkaline_ said:
End game spoilers below

Seriously? Hmm... I might need to see some pics of that...

I keep looking for the shell of Metroid Prime and I keep missing it. Which room exactly is it in? It'll be a while before I play again but I'm determined to see the thing.

Christine

DragonGirl said:
I keep looking for the shell of Metroid Prime and I keep missing it. Which room exactly is it in? It'll be a while before I play again but I'm determined to see the thing.

It's in the same room as the
infant Leviathan
. It's in pieces, scattered around the room. The organic structures anchoring the
Leviathan womb
are also reminiscent of structures seen in Metroid Prime's lair in the Impact Crater Core.

It's cool fan-service because it visually establishes that Tallon IV would have become
another Phaaze
without Samus' intervention.

TwinIonEngines said:
It's in the same room as the
infant Leviathan
. It's in pieces, scattered around the room. The organic structures anchoring the
Leviathan womb
are also reminiscent of structures seen in Metroid Prime's lair in the Impact Crater Core.

It's cool fan-service because it visually establishes that Tallon IV would have become
another Phaaze
without Samus' intervention.

Yup. Awesome fan-service. I would take a photo but i would have to start a whole new game again, and I just finished a replay. :lol

Well, this is how I see it with the Leviathan Seeds.
The Metroid Prime Husks on Phaaze show that Metroid Prime was a natural Phazon-induced evolution of a Metroid. It seems like the Seeds almost actively look for a "host" on whatever planet it crashes on. Metroid Prime on Tallon IV, Mogenar on Bryyo, Helios on Elysia, and Ridley on the Pirate Homeworld.

Exactly. It looks for that host in order to protect the core.

beef3483

SenseiJinx said:
Well, this is how I see it with the Leviathan Seeds. The
Metroid Prime Husks on Phaaze show that Metroid Prime was a natural Phazon-induced evolution of a Metroid. It seems like the Seeds almost actively look for a "host" on whatever planet it crashes on. Metroid Prime on Tallon IV, Mogenar on Bryyo, Helios on Elysia, and Ridley on the Pirate Homeworld.

Wow, good call. I now have a greater appreciation for Prime 3s story. I had always thought that there wasn't enough tying the first and last game together, but it appears I just wasn't paying attention.

Top Bottom