• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Going to run a quick test here.

ibpSn1rf0TzNoZ.JPG

How do these look compression wise to ya'll?

iZ5qYC951ZYBj.JPG

Last one, these are reused. But now got a minus account so they stick around.

ibxtMiSx1Fb1r3.JPG

When I am uploading it is still showing as around 530KB images. I don't know what is causing them to be so small.

Timu

Going to run a quick test here.

ibpSn1rf0TzNoZ.JPG

How do these look compression wise to ya'll?

iZ5qYC951ZYBj.JPG

Last one, these are reused. But now got a minus account so they stick around.

ibxtMiSx1Fb1r3.JPG

When I am uploading it is still showing as around 530KB images. I don't know what is causing them to be so small.
1st pic has compression artifacts on Delsin himself, 2nd pic has compression artifacts on the top left, and the 3rd pic suffers a lot in the background on the right with the DOF affect.

1st pic has compression artifacts on Delsin himself, 2nd pic has compression artifacts on the top left, and the 3rd pic suffers a lot in the background on the right with the DOF affect.

Well this is frustrating. Here is what I am doing.

Sending my 2nd PSN account a screenshot via message.
Opening the PSN app on my iphone
Saving the photo to my phone
Uploading to the computer
Upload to minus.com

Is that the right way?

Well this is frustrating. Here is what I am doing.

Sending my 2nd PSN account a screenshot via message.
Opening the PSN app on my iphone
Saving the photo to my phone
Uploading to the computer
Upload to minus.com

Is that the right way?

You're not doing anything wrong, the reason it is still compressed is because of the PS4 saving screenshots as compressed .jpgs instead of higher quality .pngs.
I do think the PS App trick is the best way to go about it though as FB and Twitter completely destroy screenshots. Nice shots btw :)

something about the ffxiv screens really makes me want to play it. i've never played an mmo before though and i certainly feel like i don't have the time to get sucked into something like that. my backlog of games to play is considerable and there's more stuff to buy in may. if i was still a young kid i'd be all over it though.

something about the ffxiv screens really makes me want to play it. i've never played an mmo before though and i certainly feel like i don't have the time to get sucked into something like that. my backlog of games to play is considerable and there's more stuff to buy in may. if i was still a young kid i'd be all over it though.

It's the fist MMO I've ever played; and it's a total time sink. I actually feel guilty as I'm sinking entirely too much time into this game, and probably will for the foreseeable future. The one problem is that it makes me not want to bother with any other games.

FireCloud

The Final Fantasy X|V screen shots are very tempting.

Having recently finished watching Sword Art Online and before that finishing Xillia and reminiscing about White Knight Chronicles, I'm feeling more and more that Final Fantasy X|V may be the right MMO for me.

I still have to overcome the subscription hurdle but from what I've seen in this thread and streaming on Twitch via PS4, I'm having a hard time resisting.

FFXIV PS4.

One thing that is killed by compression is the fact that there are some very rich colors in this game. I saw a red the other day that I've never seen before; it's quite nice at times.

ihxqwcObEtoNJ.jpg

i2oRZ3BU5tKxJ.jpg

iRdJO7FBNQbzf.jpg

Caayn

Did you rehost them on photobucket from Miiverse? Those screenshots are pretty badly compressed. I'd upload them directly from the framebuffer to abload.de, that way you get uncompressed 720p images.
No I uploaded them directly to copy.com and rehosted them on photobucket to keep track of them. Never really payed attention to the compression. Will try abload.de for my next run, thanks.
Out of those, I vote for the first one. LOVE the different colored neon!
Agreed, first one has my vote as well.

Top Bottom