• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/21 - 4/27

software.gif

01./01. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 151,918 / 947,000
02./02. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Capcom) - 92,656 / 1,807,000
03./00. [PS3] Valkyria Chronicles (Sega) - 77,267 / NEW
04./00. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master DS: Seven Island Adventure (Bandai-Namco) - 55,950 / NEW
05./00. [NDS] Summon Night (Banpresto) - 37,856 / NEW
06./04. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 36,851 / 1,934,000
07./03. [NDS] We're Fossil Diggers (Nintendo) - 22,319 / 58,000
08./06. [NDS] Pokémon Ranger: Batonnage (Pokémon) - 19,553 / 477,000
09./07. [NDS] DS Beautiful Letter Training (Nintendo) - 17,879 / 167,000
10./05. [PS2] Musou Orochi: The Evil King Returns (Koei) - 14,897 / 322,000

11./00. [360] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Ubi Soft)
12./00. [NDS] Naruto: Shippuuden Shinobi Retsuden II (Takara-Tomy)
13./08. [WII] Deca Sporta (Hudson)
14./10. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo)
15./09. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo)
16./00. [PSP] Vantage Master Portable (Falcom)
17./12. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
18./14. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
19./00. [NDS] Detective Saburou Jinguuji DS: Inextinguishable Heart (ArcSystemWorks)
20./00. [NDS] Yatterman DS: Surprising, Startling Battle (Takara-Tomy)
21./11. [PS2] Pro Baseball Spirits 5 (Konami)
22./16. [NDS] SimCity DS 2: From the Past to the Future (EA)
23./00. [PS2] H2O Plus (Kadokawa Shoten)
24./00. [PS2] Prism Ark: Awake (Kaga Create)
25./15. [PSP] Star Ocean 2: Second Evolution (Square-Enix)
26./00. [360] Frontlines: Fuel of War (THQ)
27./00. [NDS] Phoenix Wright 4 (Capcom)
28./13. [NDS] Tottado! Yowiko's Deserted Island Life (Bandai-Namco)
29./00. [PS2] Edel Blume (Idea Factory)
30./18. [NDS] Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Cinema Land (Banpresto)
31./00. [NDS] Phoenix Wright 3 (Capcom)
32./19. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
33./00. [NDS] Dream Cat DS (Sega)
34./22. [NDS] Kanji Brain Test 2.5M (IE Institute)
35./17. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 5 (Konami)
36./23. [NDS] Animal Crossing Wild World (Nintendo)
37./21. [NDS] Phoenix Wright: Gyakuten Revival (Capcom)
38./20. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Nintendo)
39./25. [NDS] Harvest Moon: Shining Sun and Friends (Marvelous Entertainment)
40./00. [NDS] Math Test DS (Rocket Co.)
41./26. [NDS] Phoenix Wright 2 (Capcom)
42./00. [NDS] Pénélope tête en l'air (Tecmo)
43./27. [NDS] Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo)
44./33. [NDS] Pokémon Diamond (Pokémon)
45./00. [NDS] That'sQT (Koei)
46./35. [PSP] Echochrome (Sony)
47./00. [NDS] History Test DS (Rocket Co.)
48./28. [NDS] DS Bookkeeping, Level 3 (Square-Enix)
49./44. [NDS] More Brain Age (Nintendo)
50./36. [NDS] Kanji Test 2 (Rocket Co.)

NDS - 31
WII - 6
PS2 - 5
PSP - 4
PS3 - 2
360 - 2

hardware.gif

Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. PSP   -    92,411 |    85,421 | 1,493,333 |  9,094,927
2. WII   -    48,796 |    44,241 | 1,239,394 |  5,855,554
3. NDS   -    42,435 |    44,551 | 1,239,482 | 22,412,533
4. PS3   -     9,107 |     7,438 |   382,670 |  2,024,346
5. PS2   -     7,108 |     6,545 |   198,006 | 21,125,043
6. 360   -     1,283 |     1,076 |    52,004 |    559,345

s_20080421.png

archive.gif

Media Create Sales 4/23/07 - 4/29/07
Media Create Sales 3/10 - 3/16
Media Create Sales 3/17 - 3/23
Media Create Sales 3/24 - 3/30
Media Create Sales 3/31 - 4/6
Media Create Sales 4/7 - 4/13
Media Create Sales 4/14 - 4/20

notes.gif

Software numbers are typically posted on Wednesday nights at about midnight Eastern.
Hardware numbers are typically posted Thursday nights at about 9:20 PM Eastern.

Rocksteady33

I don't know why I didn't ask this earlier but why does Media Create combine the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 games together? They didn't do that from the first set or Diamond and Pearl...

The fuck. Aren't these totally different numbers from the ones posted in the previous week thread. And a lot lower numbers for MHP.

ethelred said:
Yes. Sales numbers change from week to week.
:)

I mean the numbers that were posted on the last few pages. I guess those are the famitsu numbers from this week.
(Although someone said "no famitsu this week", so I might be wrong)

Souldriver said:
:)

I mean the numbers that were posted on the last few pages. I guess those are the famitsu numbers from this week.
(Although someone said "no famitsu this week", so I might be wrong)

He was wrong. And, yes, those were Famitsu's #'s.

jts

...hate me...
Soule said:
MHP2G v Wii Fit, it's on.
I dunno man, Wii Fit is selling in the 30~40k for weeks in a row, while MH is dropping somewhat fast, imo it will reach below Wii Fit levels in 2 weeks tops.

Vinnk

It's a lower price but not as low as the others. My question is, "does this new SKU have the English option?" I always loved having the games bilingual.

Vinnk

Seems Mario Cart might actually be moving some units. Look at how low Wii Sports is this week. Less than 15,000. People must be buying something for their brand new Wii. (unless it's all Wii Fit of course).

EDIT: Really sorry to double post. Ususaly the first page of this thread moves so quickly there would be a post in between.

cvxfreak

Vinnk said:
It's a lower price but not as low as the others. My question is, "does this new SKU have the English option?" I always loved having the games bilingual.

They're actually all at the same ¥2100 pricepoint now.

Previously, both Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice were released at the full price of ¥4800. Then Phoenix Wright was released under the Best Price label at about ¥3000. Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations were released straight onto the Best Price ¥3000 lineup.

Now, all four games are ¥2100 under the NEW Best Price lineup. Apollo Justice was never released in the Best Price lineup (¥3000), and went straight to NEW Best Price. Given that its sales were so much bigger than the previous releases, I guess Capcom saw too small a market for Apollo Justice at ¥3000. They didn't add in the English language version like I was hoping they would, either. :(

Vinnk

cvxfreak said:
They're actually all at the same ¥2100 pricepoint now.

Previously, both Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice were released at the full price of ¥4800. Then Phoenix Wright was released under the Best Price label at about ¥3000. Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations were released straight onto the Best Price ¥3000 lineup.

Now, all four games are ¥2100 under the NEW Best Price lineup. Apollo Justice was never released in the Best Price lineup (¥3000), and went straight to NEW Best Price. Given that its sales were so much bigger than the previous releases, I guess Capcom saw too small a market for Apollo Justice at ¥3000. They didn't add in the English language version like I was hoping they would, either. :(

Oh, I was mistaken. Doesn't matter to me though. I bought the Japanese one when it came out and had my brother send me the English version when that came out.

I hope the next game is bilingual again. Then again I was really surprised that any of the games were bilingual to begin with. Who was this option added for? Just us Gaijin?

cvxfreak

Vinnk said:
Oh, I was mistaken. Doesn't matter to me though. I bought the Japanese one when it came out and had my brother send me the English version when that came out.

I hope the next game is bilingual again. Then again I was really surprised that any of the games were bilingual to begin with. Who was this option added for? Just us Gaijin?

Good question. They use the term 海外版 (kaigaiban - overseas edition) as an advertisement for the game, even on the boxarts as a means of differentiating the games from the GBA versions.

Ashhong

2 360 shooters and only 1 ps3 game! i guess its all the american people in japan with 360s that are buying things like RB6:Vegas

donny2112

From the Famitsu numbers, it looks like MHP2G will hit 2 million in 2-6 weeks (i.e. well before the mid-year Top 100 cutoff for Famitsu). Nice. :)

@ Vinnk

I did the same thing with last week's thread. They certainly are slowing down as of late.

donny2112

PantherLotus said:
http://images.redial.net/mc-feelings-74.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://images.redial.net/mc-legs-74.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I don't know why you threw Wii Fit in there.

Also, schuelma is correct. Mario Kart both historically sells better than Smash Bros., and it is showing stronger signs of long legs than Brawl did. LTD totals remain to be seen, but Mario Kart is definitely looking to get to its whatever LTD over a much longer period than Brawl will take. I have no idea why you persist in this dead-horse beating match.

Edit:
In other words, I don't think this is as useful an argument to run with as the "Debateth Closeth" thing.

Vinnk

PantherLotus said:

I will be interested to follow these. If MK Wii does have the legs of it's DS brother, it could indeed pass it.

Game with huge openings who win week after week don't necessarily finish with the most units sold.

Compare say, Mario Kart DS vs. Dragon Quest IV DS. If you made a chart like this comparing the two it would look initally like DQIV would end with the most units.

Of course that might not be waht happens at all, either way I will be interested to see.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
donny: huh? i was confirming his assertions...not sure what you're on about. i included wiifit because it and the other two would seem to be the ones up for debate regarding their legs. wiifit is the best example of what we all consider to be legs, and acts as a guide marker.

castle: no. refer to the end of the last thread (but don't bump it plz!)

edit:
for the damn record, i always agreed with him about MK having legs, but not because some premonition or "feeling" told us so, but because the logic pans out over time. please just enjoy the not-so-cleverly-titled charts and refer to the last thread for closure on the topic. if the titles of the charts hurt anybody's feelings (rather than being acknowledged as an inside-joke among fellow MC'ers) i'd be happy to ignore those people.

jts

...hate me...
Heh, i did myself a chart this week. Just out of curiosity.

v5zy1i.png

Only to find out these are two very different kinds of beasts. Similar LTD atm but that's all.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Random OT: anyone have a good image export macro for Excel? Excel 2003 specifically. Manually copying and pasting is too much of a hassle.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
btw, i'm now beginning to chart software. if you guys want to see any snarkily-title charts comparing anything, please just provide the data and i can do it. thank you.

XiaNaphryz said:
Random OT: anyone have a good image export macro for Excel? Excel 2003 specifically. Manually copying and pasting is too much of a hassle.

0. make sure you insert the chart on the page rather than on its own sheet
1. right-click, [copy]
2. open paint
3. [paste]
4. save
5. upload to image site.

edit: or i could have just read what you said. :(

donny2112

PantherLotus said:
donny: huh? i was confirming his assertions...not sure what you're on about.

You made a chart. About the disagreement in the last thread. That spat had an end before this thread.
schuelma said:
Seriously, why bring this up again?

PantherLotus said:
wiifit is the best example of what we all consider to be legs, and acts as a guide marker.

Using Wii Fit as a guide marker for legs is like using Wii Sports, Wii Play, or Pokemon Red/Green/Blue for a guide marker. The comparison was between Mario Kart and Brawl. You might be trying to make an assumption based on his use of the term "Über," but throwing Wii Fit in as a measuring stick isn't exactly related to the previous discussion.

donny2112

XiaNaphryz said:
Random OT: anyone have a good image export macro for Excel?

Try "Record a new macro." You should be able to at least get the image into the copy buffer with a button combo. You may still have to manually paste it into an image program from there, though.

PantherLotus said:
If nothing else, I needed a 3rd color.

:lol Okay. As long as there was a reason. :) :p

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
donny2112 said:
Try "Record a new macro." You should be able to at least get the image into the copy buffer with a button combo. You may still have to manually paste it into an image program from there, though.
I ask because in one of my excel docs, I have something like 30 different charts in their own individual sheet tabs. It would be a lot easier to hit a macro that exports everything automatically to gifs or something. I've seen a few export macros on Google but the ones I've tried don't seem to work.

donny2112

PantherLotus said:
Timing and Presentation is everything, donny.

I find Usefulness to be more important.

XiaNaphryz said:
I ask because in one of my excel docs, I have something like 30 different charts in their own individual sheet tabs. It would be a lot easier to hit a macro that exports everything automatically to gifs or something. I've seen a few export macros on Google but the ones I've tried don't seem to work.

You could make a macro that moved to the next sheet and copied that graph to the buffer with a button press. Unless you figured out how to tie that in with a picture program, though, you'd still have to paste each image manually.

mio said:
Heh, i did myself a chart this week. Just out of curiosity.

v5zy1i.png

Only to find out these are two very different kinds of beasts. Similar LTD atm but that's all.

So even if MHP2ndG outsells WiiFits LTD in the next couple weeks, WiiFit may come back due to long legs? Interesting...

Top Bottom