• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

14059491364_d75b5172fc_o.jpg

14035918876_b37260c7fc_o.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Do it! I've beaten it 5-6 times so far, and still have fun playing through again!

Turd it might be, and not on the same level of the first, and even the second game in the series, but still pretty darn good at night, and 7.1 surround turned up.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7190/14054483942_ca97b62449_o.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7084/14054485512_e645fe5a92_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is one of your screens corrected to a 16:9 aspect ratio. Compare it to the shot you posted. Then stop posting stretched screenshots. Please.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://abload.de/img/14054483942_ca97b6244xtjdt.jpg

After spending countless hours playing with different ENB I decided to challenge myself :

Make Skyrim look amazing without using an ENB .

Only mods And ini files settings .
You can be the judge of whether it looks nice or not .

screenshot31rzjf.jpg

Try sweet FX to make the game look good.

R8TEDM3

This is one of your screens corrected to a 16:9 aspect ratio. Compare it to the shot you posted. Then stop posting stretched screenshots. Please.

Nothing to compare there! It's downsampled to 2560x1280 and no corrections were made in any way except "using durante's tool to downsample the image from 8k!!!

BONKERS

His screens dont' look stretched to me.

DS3 is Hor+, there shouldn't be an issue. (I'm not familiar with DS3, but it doesn't look obviously stretched, and since the game is Hor+ it shouldn't be an issue as far as I know)

If you are trying to downsample to a 21:9 resolution (Base resolution being something like 2560x1080) Then you need to be multiplying by each factor evenly.

1.5x1.5 = 3840x1620

BONKERS

PPAA to High seems to actually use their Temporal AA.

It's super blurry even for my standards (I'm usually the guy defending the minor blur SGSSAA has), and totally misses some completely basic aliasing as expected.

But for the performance hit (Which for me is very very little) it's not bad

Downsampling doesn't seem to work from in game. Probably need to set desktop resolution like in other UE4 material so far

i418nYrkJYqP.png

i9N7j5jqeehQ1.png

Edit: Figured out downsampling(Just set resolution. Apply and restart), it fixes the blurring issue. But it doesn't help with the same aliasing it misses at native resolution...at all.

Even odder, is that the game Scales certain images/UI elements by resolution... and this game is obviously designed around the PS4. There isn't even really true 360 support yet.

Can't get any downsampled shots because. A.) Print Screen capture = black screen. B.)FRAPS crashes the game. C.) Afterburner doesn't work with the Nvidia effects enabled. D.) i'm getting literally only 10FPS on my 570 at 1800p

Friend sent me this video earlier today. Anybody have an idea of how they got the ingame DOF to work? Was it a spectator camera setting? I would like to know for purposes of screenshotting MP maps.

It's an indie game.

No its not, an Independant developer =/= an indie game. Its just a bad game from a bad studio that more people are gonna own than deserve to because it came bundled with Nvidia Cards, and now were all sour that we bought these cards in the last week or so right before they said get Watch_dogs instead........im not sour.....

BONKERS

Daylight uses UE4 too right? What a terrible execution. That looks last gen, and its not even a cross gen game

Honestly it does in terms of some of the Asset Quality (depending on what you are looking at). But overall I think it looks very nice. Somewhat stylized over photo realisim/PBR/IBL. (The Nvidia gameworks effects used look very nice too. PhysX/HBAO+/NVDOF)

I'm just glad I can enjoy the game without having to use CA. *shudder*

I don't know if the performance issues are just because of my card, or if it's an Nvidia driver issue or a program issue at this point. But from what i've played so far. I don't have a doubt that I won't enjoy the game.

I really like what i've played so far.

Spazznid

13883309158_b3d94b5202_o_d.png

This is where I've been the past few days...

Guild Wars 2 in general, not just this place here, god, what's wrong with you!

GavinUK86

Honestly it does in terms of some of the Asset Quality (depending on what you are looking at). But overall I think it looks very nice. Somewhat stylized over photo realisim/PBR/IBL. (The Nvidia gameworks effects used look very nice too. PhysX/HBAO+/NVDOF)

I'm just glad I can enjoy the game without having to use CA. *shudder*

I don't know if the performance issues are just because of my card, or if it's an Nvidia driver issue or a program issue at this point. But from what i've played so far. I don't have a doubt that I won't enjoy the game.

I really like what i've played so far.

Performance is pretty dreadful on my Nvidia system too. Unless I play with everything on Low I get around 40ish with huge drops to 20 quite frequently. Apparently it runs sub 30fps on PS4 a lot of the time so I think it's just a optimization issue in general.

Qassim

No its not, an Independant developer =/= an indie game. Its just a bad game from a bad studio that more people are gonna own than deserve to because it came bundled with Nvidia Cards, and now were all sour that we bought these cards in the last week or so right before they said get Watch_dogs instead........im not sour.....

It's an independently developed and published game on the PC (published by Atlus on PS4). If that isn't indie, I dunno what is.

Top Bottom