• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS hiring team lead for new AAA title in established & well-loved strategy game serie

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Age of Empires?

Microsoft said:
Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Job ID: 876718-140923
Division: Devices and Studios Engineering

Principal SDE Lead

Job description
Microsoft Studios is looking for a highly experienced senior games developer to help build and lead the team for a new AAA title within an established and well-loved strategy game franchise. This role reports directly to the Director of Development / Head of Studio. Your primary responsibilities will be to recruit and lead the client-side engineering team, drive technical strategy for client development, manage the day-to-day engineering rhythm, and evaluate and recommend appropriate middleware and tools to accomplish our goals.
Source: http://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/13555785?trk=jobs_search_public_seo_page

derFeef

Phil Spencer has been hinting at PC<>Xbox synergies. Well then, bring me a fully fledged Age of Empires game Microsoft.

kadotsu

Banned
It would be weird for MS to go for AoE again after the Online failure and the RTS market in general shifting to MOBA.

Phil4000

Or halo Wars 2?

Halo Wars was terrible, way to simplified and the worst of all the games produced by Ensemble Studios imo...

Proper RTS games never worked or will work on console controllers period.
(maybe the with the new Steam controller...)

Was suspecting Age of Empires as well. Voice commands through Kinect, if seeing an Xbox One installment, might be interesting.

Would be happy with just a new and substantial PC installment though.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Or well-loved?

or is a strategy game?

reading through again, it's AoE for sure. they've been making the same old noises about re-establishing themselves in the PC space and a full fat AoE is one of the few titles which could carry that weight.

Halo Wars 2 would be great. But the well established part would indicate (Age of Empires?) I think. They just released some phone version.

Moobabe

Age of Mythology is coming to Steam soon isn't it? AoE II must have done pretty well - maybe well enough for them to greenlight a proper entry in the series?

DocSeuss

Age of Mythology is coming to Steam soon isn't it? AoE II must have done pretty well - maybe well enough for them to greenlight a proper entry in the series?

That's what I'm thinking. Age of Empires II HD has apparently exceeded expectations, and preorders for Age of Mythology are doing pretty good. I just used my Playfire rewards to get Mythology, so I'm excited.

Well its loved by Halo fans and Xbox fanboys, strategy gamers not so much.

You don't speak for me.

Worst case scenario, it turns out to be Valkyria Chronicles 4 and is the rumored exclusive Japanese title (even though a lot of people seem to thtink that has to do with Platinum Games or Mistwalker). My wallet would cry since that might force me to get the XB1.

Or maybe Halo Wars 2 or Age of Empires. Hmmmm.

Arc

Not letting myself get excited for a potential AoE IV. Probably Halo Wars 2 because Microsoft.

It's pretty hard for me to actual care about this, even if it ends up being Age of Empires. I just don't have any faith that Microsoft is intending to develop the kind of AoE we'd actually like. More so, even if that were the case, you still need good developers to actually create such a game and... time. Time and good developers though cost a lot of money, something that MS surely isn't gonna spend on a PC RTSs right now.

Top Bottom